Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

santos wrote:
scagghiuni wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 pm he's a fool, he was not hired, look at his face, he's not a criminal
Sorry, I dont really buy that theory 'make it look like a fool did it' perhaps?..Maybe they already knew how the outcome would look and someone influenced the kid into it.
This wouldn't be the first time a so called lone nutjob killed someone of importance with some things not adding up.

Chopper
Straightened out

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Chopper »

whatever the motive, the gambinos have to react in some way or another.
Some lone nuttjob, if thats the case here, even took a shot at Gotti in the 80's, they killed him anyway.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Sounds like you guys are jumping through hoops to avoid the possibility that it was some random and not a huge mob hit, no offence. Understandable because this is very anti-climactic but i find this very possible.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

I 25 I wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:03 pm
Bklyn21 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:50 am Personally I think this a LOAD OF BULLSHIT that it was a personal dispute!! Going to a Mob boss's home reversing into and smashing the hell out of his vehicle to get him outside and then feeling the guy out for a minute or two just waiting for the perfect moment to open fire and unload at close range then standing over the body and pumping some more shots into him to make sure he was dead and then taking off, This was perfectly planned out in a particular way by some ! And, It is still going as planned by whoever planned and executed it with the personal beef which I believe is the biggest load of shit ive ever heard, I really hope these investigators are just putting that out to the media and public and hiding up the true investigation
I dont know many crazy people but this definitely does not sound like a rage accident to me. On the other hand it makes perfectly sense to say stuff like that to hide the other culprits.
I agree 100% ! The Gambinos and Bonannos have huge followings today due to the Drug trade, They are working at a very high level with street gangs and gang members of all kinds to get things done and to deflect heat off of them similar to whats going on up in Canada . Im surprised there hasn't been a major indictment as of yet involving bikers, Gang members , lcn etc...I really hope they dont believe that this kid acted alone over god knows what "Personal beef" BS he fed them ! A guy just doesn't go to one of the biggest Mob boss's personal residence one night, Ram his car into the guy's car to specifically get him out of his home, chat the guy up for a minute or a few, Wait for an opportunity where he turns his back for a second, And then blasts the guy to the heavens from point blank range just about, Stands over him and Pumps him full of lead even more to make sure the job is done and the Message is clearly sent over a "Personal Beef". Cali holds the true power in , And the key to ,the family whether he is a boss or an underboss truly . Removing Cali is what was needed to be done for anybody looking to make a move, Or do anything for that matter
TonyG
Prospect

Post by TonyG »

The LE press conference said they were still looking to see if others were involved. There may be more to come.

I am going to acknowledge my Mexican DTO theory is probably not on the mark (unless the kid had someone on speed dial named Chapo or El Mayo).

Regardless, props to the cops for getting the shooter in 3 days. Most def not the work of a pro hitter.
santos
Straightened out

Post by santos »

eboli wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:33 pm It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Next time when you talk about your favorite wiseguy on the internet keep in mind you're putting his life on the line.
That made me chuckle.. so now were to blame huh.. lol
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Camo wrote:Sounds like you guys are jumping through hoops to avoid the possibility that it was some random and not a huge mob hit, no offence. Understandable because this is very anti-climactic but i find this very possible.
A huge mob hit seems out of the question. It does very much seem this was the guy who pulled the trigger, but the way he carried it out initially was very hitman like. As a matter of fact, shooting him at least ten times (some reports state 16 times) he has done a better job than the average hitman.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Lupara wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm This wouldn't be the first time a so called lone nutjob killed someone of importance with some things not adding up.
joe colombo? he was a fool black, for example, it happens, rarely, but it happens
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

Lone nut job is definitely possible. Just don’t believe the whole daughter/woman angle
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Lupara wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:50 pm
Camo wrote:Sounds like you guys are jumping through hoops to avoid the possibility that it was some random and not a huge mob hit, no offence. Understandable because this is very anti-climactic but i find this very possible.
A huge mob hit seems out of the question. It does very much seem this was the guy who pulled the trigger, but the way he carried it out initially was very hitman like. As a matter of fact, shooting him at least ten times (some reports state 16 times) he has done a better job than the average hitman.
I do agree with that i figured it had to be mob related but since this has came out i've went back on that a bit because you'd figure the hitman would've wore gloves and that they likely would've shot right away just in case Cali came out with a gun. Also he didn't dump the truck it seems as the police have it. I agree though it's very surprising the way it happened if it isn't mob related.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Could be some mentally unstable wannabee trying to impress someone ala richie aprile
richard_belding
Straightened out

Post by richard_belding »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm This wouldn't be totally unheard of. Back in the 80s a lone nut tried to take a shot at John Gotti. His entourage scooped him up and killed him if my memory is correct. Turned out the guy was distantly related to Capo Sonny Ciccone.

Pogo
Mike McCray too, planted a homemade bomb in the door of a ravenite in hopes to kill John Gotti. He was a religious nut with no mob ties, the bomb was crudely made and didn’t ignite.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

The Post are still running with the female relative angle, citing LE sources, calling him a "Staten Island hothead" - https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/nypd-iden ... rank-cali/
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Camo wrote:
I do agree with that i figured it had to be mob related but since this has came out i've went back on that a bit because you'd figure the hitman would've wore gloves and that they likely would've shot right away just in case Cali came out with a gun. Also he didn't dump the truck it seems as the police have it. I agree though it's very surprising the way it happened if it isn't mob related.
Not shooting at him right away, with the change of Cali being able to take cover or flee back into his home and the hit failing, was the right thing to do.

If the car was demolished and he would've disappeared it would've been one of the most well crafted hits up there with Hoffa's.

Bottomline is he behaved like a real killer, not some mentally unstable kid as he seems to be.

Camo
Straightened out

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Camo »

Lupara wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:02 pm
Camo wrote:
Not shooting at him right away, with the change of Cali being able to able to take cover or flee back into his home and the hit failing, was the right thing to do.

If the car was demolished and him disappearing it would've been one of the most well crafted hits up there with Hoffa's.

Bottomline is he behaved like a real killer, not some mentally unstable kid as he seems to be.
There's still the gloves, i'm finding it hard to get past that personally because you'd figure there'd be a lot of planning of a hit this size and i couldn't see them forgetting that of all things.