Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Rocco »

I don't think its tied Gene Gotti. Guy just got out. So did John Carneglia. Its just to recent. Gene has been unable to "make the rounds" given his restrictions. And his brothers that are on the street do not have the brains to take out a bagel shop owner let alone the Boss of the family. They would be in cuffs already. I think its 1) Drug/Money Related to another group(Sicilian family, cartel over money) 2) Blood family dispute or some kind. 3) Power shift within the Gambino family... I would be shocked if Gene is the mastermind being that he is only on the street 6 months. Time will tell. Couple months down the road it will all come out if the hit was from within the Gambino family. These BS news article saying the American Mob wouldn't kill someone outside their home? What horseshit. I guess they never heard of the Colombo war. Guy was killed hanging Christmas lights in his front yard. etc lol Media is the worst source of anything truthful.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

No way it is coming from Mannino. No way. 100%.

If it is from inside it is Gene plus someone else he agreed with to take over the family.
If it is like that they are going to hit Gene and his family, no doubt.

If it is from outside I can only think about Canada, can't think about other 4 families, unless he really went against Bellomo
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

But it is a dumb hit because everyone is talking about it, too much light on it.

Unless this is what the killers wanted and only a guy like Gene could want those lights, just like his brother did
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

felice wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:46 am No way it is coming from Mannino. No way. 100%.

If it is from inside it is Gene plus someone else he agreed with to take over the family.
If it is like that they are going to hit Gene and his family, no doubt.

If it is from outside I can only think about Canada, can't think about other 4 families, unless he really went against Bellomo
How powerful is the sicilian faction compared to the rest of the family? Do you think it's a realistic possibility for Gene to be able to wrestle control out of their hands?
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

The Gambinons were going well, money and no lights, only an idiot would have wanted to change things unless Calì really acted bad.
If it is just Gene, Carneglia and someone else they are going to get clipped
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

felice wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 am The Gambinons were going well, money and no lights, only an idiot would have wanted to change things unless Calì really acted bad.
If it is just Gene, Carneglia and someone else they are going to get clipped
I agree, if no one else gets dropped soon then this hit was done amongst Cali’s own circle, if someone gets clipped it should be more telling how things line up within the Gambinos
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Just saw the headline. Looks like they have a man in custody.

http://s.silive.com/QgIXsWf
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Wow huge. Wonder if they got the right guy.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Dileonardo on Frank Cali

Post by FriendofFamily »

Gambino murder sparks Mafia rumor mill: ‘A couple of guys got to get killed now’
https://news.yahoo.com/apos-couple-guys ... 07168.html

Corrections & clarifications: A previous version of this story misstated the last time a made man in the Gambino crime family was murdered.

Mobsters and ex-mobsters — even those who have been exiled to the Witness Protection Program — gossip like schoolgirls. So when Gambino crime family boss Frank Cali was shot dead Wednesday night in front of his Staten Island home, the stunning break in decades of relative mob peace set phones of members and alumni of La Cosa Nostra alight with speculation as to the actors and motive behind his murder.

“Is it buzzing?” former Gambino captain Michael “Mikey Scars” DiLeonardo asked rhetorically about the current state of the mobster rumor mill. “It’s on fire!”

DiLeonardo, 63, was a powerful figure in the crime family who lived in a Staten Island manse of his own before he testified against former associates, including John A. "Junior" Gotti, and temporarily entered government protection. DiLeonardo says he knew Cali when the future crime boss was only the broke young son of a Brooklyn store owner and “a kid who hung around the Gambinos.”

DiLeonardo, confessed former Gambino hitman John Alite and convicted Genovese killer Anthony Arillotta, all mobsters-turned-informants, in interviews with USA TODAY expressed shock over Cali's murder considering he was known as a nonviolent mob boss who ran his crime family like a corporation.

The ex-gangsters, each of whom have firsthand experience in responding to mob crises, said that while authorities attempt to solve the murder, wise guys associated with Cali are likely conducting their own investigation. The result could be a lasting return to the violence of a flashier, more trigger-happy era of organized crime.

“If this is still the Mafia, that guy’s got to get killed that did the shooting,” mused Alite, 56, who has confessed to involvement in several murders and has since authored books including Darkest Hour II, his second mob tell-all. “And anybody that helped them. Anybody who was associated with this murder, whether it was mob related or not, a couple of guys got to get killed now.”

Arillotta — a Massachusetts gangster who confessed to two murders, testified in New York City mob trials and spent eight years in prison — echoed Alite’s assessment.

“It could be a freak thing, wrong place, wrong house, wrong time,” Arillotta said. “They'll kill that guy. Either way there’s going to be more violence.”

Retired FBI supervisor Bruce Mouw said that rampant speculation among mobsters follows every hit and was likely even stronger this time because Cali’s murder was the first rubout of a Gambino made man in decades.

Mouw called mob-related murders “the hardest cases to investigate,” and cautioned that the public might never learn who was behind Cali’s death, or only after a cooperating witness comes clean about it years from now.

“I can’t really remember one that they solved in a traditional way in twenty years, because nobody sees nothing, especially in Staten Island,” Mouw said.

He downplayed the idea that revenge was imminent and recalled advice he used to give: “I always told my agents, don’t speculate — find out.”

The ex-mobsters USA TODAY spoke with didn’t follow that discipline. Drawing from spare details released in early news reports and the grist of fellow chattering gangsters, they discussed the possibilities that the hit was a sanctioned killing, a “personal matter” gone wrong (like an illicit affair) or even a road rage incident completely unrelated to Cali’s organized crime status. They also said there were rumors that Cali was involved in the drug trade.

But they acknowledged that each of these motives are unsatisfying in that they clash with Cali’s reputation as a buttoned-up gangster who tried to move the crime family away from the attention-grabbing violence of its former patriarch, the elder John Gotti.

Cali was reportedly shot six times, and neighbors saw a pickup truck fleeing the scene. The ex-mobsters leaned on their expertise to deduce that the number of vehicles involved could reveal whether this was a true gangland hit.

“Until I find out how many cars there were, I won’t know,” said DiLeonardo, speculating that a true mafia murder plot would involve hitmen in multiple vehicles.

Alite used the same logic: “When you hit a boss there are three cars — two on each corner and one in front,” said the former Gambino gunman. “He’s not getting away.”

Alite said that the fact that Cali was apparently alone and unguarded outside of his Staten Island home was an indication of how much the mob had changed. Gone are the days when regular violence necessitated fortified compounds and armed entourages for its bosses.
Know which Game to Play
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

baldo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 am Wow huge. Wonder if they got the right guy.
I guess the fun of accusing Gene Gotti is over ,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

So they got someone just in 3 days.
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

Them not releasing the name makes me wonder if this could have been a regular guy, maybe the husband of his mistress? Follows the truck to his house gets nervous crashes into him.... plays dumb when he comes out as he turns around realizes I’m dead I’d he finds out who I am and why I was here.....
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Only because someone has been brought in doesn’t mean it’s the shooter
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

NY Post is saying suspect is in custody

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... -cali/amp/
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Tony Monte wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 am NY Post is saying suspect is in custody

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... -cali/amp/
Yeah we got the ball rolling with the Gene Gotti theroy made international news and the guy was killed by some two bit amateur lol
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo