Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Cheech »

stubbs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 am Who are the powerful Gambino capos and leaders outside of the Sicilian/18th Ave faction? Someone said there’s a lot of powerful people in Queens. I think if we can answer that we’d be able to determine if it was Gene or not, or at least if it’s a credible theory.

Because if it was Gene and Gotti loyalists, they’d need a whole army, not just Gene and Carniglia.
Camuso, right there on the Island.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am
glen40 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am https://abc7ny.com/sources-gambino-boss ... _Gt0R1qiTg

Cali shook hands w the guy. Shooter used two hands "as if trained", pretty well rules out the thories of random act, drunk driver etc
the murderer could have said "hey sorry, hit your car by mistake" and held his hand out to shake hands. IDK. The whole thing is fucking wild
Hey Cheech, I think that is the general consensus on what happened. When he referenced two hands he meant when he fired the weapon. The shooter was more than likely trained on firearms, I believe was why the police made this point.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

jmack wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am
Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am
glen40 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am https://abc7ny.com/sources-gambino-boss ... _Gt0R1qiTg

Cali shook hands w the guy. Shooter used two hands "as if trained", pretty well rules out the thories of random act, drunk driver etc
the murderer could have said "hey sorry, hit your car by mistake" and held his hand out to shake hands. IDK. The whole thing is fucking wild
Hey Cheech, I think that is the general consensus on what happened. When he referenced two hands he meant when he fired the weapon. The shooter was more than likely trained on firearms, I believe was why the police made this point.
gotcha. makes sense. thanks jmack
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It could be over his involvement in the Inzerillos return to Sicily. I would rank that higher than Gene Gotti. The author didn't do his homework though. Cali's bother in law Pietro Inzerillo is alive. The Pietro Inzerillo that was killed in 1982 was another family member
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 am
stubbs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 am Who are the powerful Gambino capos and leaders outside of the Sicilian/18th Ave faction? Someone said there’s a lot of powerful people in Queens. I think if we can answer that we’d be able to determine if it was Gene or not, or at least if it’s a credible theory.

Because if it was Gene and Gotti loyalists, they’d need a whole army, not just Gene and Carniglia.
How powerful is he? I can’t find much info, other than he was co-owners of a restaurant with Porky Z of the Bonannos who just got aquitted, ironically the same day Cali died.

Also, what about Carmine Sciandra? He’s Staten Island too, right? Is he a power still?
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

In the latest NYPD Press conference shown in part by Foxs News Detective Shea reported that they have the Family's security video that the Cali's refused to provide without a warrant and the entire incident took less than one minute from the time Cali came outside and the guy was in his truck driving away.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Petespin
Associate

Post by Petespin »

glen40 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am
Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 am I understand Gene has restrictions since his release but Gene is a gangster and if (a big if) he did organize this hit, it could be as simple as he doesn't give a fuck and cares more about his legacy than he does about getting arrested in two years and dying in the can. He's a stone cold gangster and street guy, not necessarily a guy who will make a cost/benefit analysis plan.

Yes, the guy did 30 years. But as I've stated in another thread, he wasn't stuck in an elevator for 30 years. He was in federal prison and as a result he has 30 years of networking with mob guys, connected guys, and wanna be's in the joint. He has to have a ton of support now that he is back on the street.

Also, to those that are saying why would he do this when he saw what happened to his brother John? Think about another angle to this question. His brother John became a fucking legend! Everyone knows who John Gotti is and his reputation on the street /jails and shit even in the hood/rap community, is as good as gold. It does not get any better. It's not illogical to think that that Gene cares more about his legacy as a tough guy and taking back what he thinks belongs to him than he gives a fuck about dying in the can. Price of doing business for his reputation and legacy
Good point. Wtf does he care about dying in the can if he can take power back to HB/Oz Park, restore the name etc? John was a horrible boss but w/o his legacy, the movies, books, tv shows, MMA shit etc that his kids and grandkids have benefited from don't happen. Not that any of that made a bunch of dough but kept the name on a pedestal. Doubtful Gene spent the last 30 yrs regretting his life and hoping for a chance to get out and be straight. Again, its all guess work now but a decent theory.

Ozone Park wouuld be out of the quesstion. The area is all different now.
glen40
Associate

Post by glen40 »

It is. Was just lumping Ozone Park and HB together based on how it used to be when Gotti's ran it
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Cheech wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:11 am
Camo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 am I'd believe it was Carmine Persico's dying wish before i'd believe it was Barney.
That was a joke to illustrate how silly i found the suggestion that it was Barney, wasn't funny sure but i wasn't serious. Anyway, no point in derailing the thread if i'm bothering you put me on ignore or stop coming at me, up to you.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Chris Christie wrote:I'm curious if whoever was behind it anticipated the coverage it would receive. It's making international headlines. If this was an internal matter and the team was local they are probably sweating bullets right now. They literally pissed on a bees nest.
That's what I've been thinking too.

We all thought the Mafia wasn't a popular subject anymore. They may have thought the same. This is almost as big a news item as the Boston marathon terrorist attacks culminating in a manhunt.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

stubbs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:58 am

How powerful is he? I can’t find much info, other than he was co-owners of a restaurant with Porky Z of the Bonannos who just got aquitted, ironically the same day Cali died.

Also, what about Carmine Sciandra? He’s Staten Island too, right? Is he a power still?
Isn't Sciandra Connecticut or am i mixing him up?
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Camo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am
stubbs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:58 am

Isn't Sciandra Connecticut or am i mixing him up?
You might be thinking of Megale, who died in 2015. He was rumored to be acting UB for a bit.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Niagarafalls wrote:The car pulling away was Gene watching the hit go down like his brother did! Haha
Don't they mean the car pulling away was the hitman himself?
cosanostra101
Straightened out

Post by cosanostra101 »

I may be going out on a limb here but there are way to many surveillance cameras in NYC, specially in tony Staten Island for a hit of that magnitude to be planned. He could have been taken out away from the house when he was in his car. To do it in front of his family I don't see it. Gotti hated Castellano and he took him out in Manhattan. This was personal. Somebody was pissed. Somebody was wronged. Just my humble opinion.