Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Camo
Straightened out

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Camo »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:56 am @camo

Same article ha ssd him acting for Cefalu in 2015
Which article?
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

This? -
DiLeonardo suggested that jostling at the top of the crime family could determine the response to Cali’s killing. He said that Cali’s close confidant, Lorenzo Mannino, will likely be handling the de facto sleuthing of what happened to Cali. Mannino, who could not be reached for comment, was previously sentenced to fifteen years in federal prison for racketeering and a mob rubout that occurred in the late 1980s.

“Lorenzo’s in the Frank Cali mold,” DiLeonardo said. “Very smart, low key. But Lorenzo’s a killer. Where Frank wasn’t a killer, Lorenzo is a killer."
First of all it's from Bruce Mouw a retired FBI Agent, he's not actively working on the case. Also it doesn't say he's acting for him and it doesn't say anything definitevely (obviously not because how would he know how they're investigation) it says "will likely". Sounds like he's just speculating like us and i already said Mannino is an obvious candidate and i wouldn't be surprised if he was involved (in the hit or investigation depending on what happened) but i'm not convinced until we see something official. This is interesting but it's not official, it's speculation.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Maybe Soliai did it for the web traffic 🙊
I get it....first rule of fight club.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

DPG wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:16 am Maybe Soliai did it for the web traffic 🙊
:lol: :lol:
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Damn sorry, my mind went to "acting for Cali" instead of Cefalu lol. I'm not sure what you're talking about then, i didn't see anything about him acting for Cefalu unless i missed it or you're talking about a different article.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Honestly the wording of that bit i quoted reads like he thinks Lorenzo will head the investigation because he's close to Cali rather than his position.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Camo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 am Honestly the wording of that bit i quoted reads like he thinks Lorenzo will head the investigation because he's close to Cali rather than his position.
If i were Mannino id take a vacation to Italy and lay low for a while till the heat cools off.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 am
Camo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 am Honestly the wording of that bit i quoted reads like he thinks Lorenzo will head the investigation because he's close to Cali rather than his position.
If i were Mannino id take a vacation to Italy and lay low for a while till the heat cools off.
I don't know if you're suggesting he should go to Italy to get away from LE pressure or a possible hit on him or both, but either way that sounds like a horrible idea considering the hit could've came from elements from there and LE would be very interested in an immediate trip to the mob birthplace right after Franks hit :lol: He should chill in Bermuda or something.
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

Gene might want to head on over to Florida as well. Although, I don't think he is involved, he has got to be fuming to see his name in about every damn article.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

My bad, Dailey News article, but really, you could read it anywhere....

Cali, who served on the Gambino family’s ruling panel for several years, was elevated to acting boss in 2015, replacing then 68-year-old Domenico Cefalu, authorities said.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I dont get what you mean... either the other capos care and will retaliate DIRECTLY, or give tacit approval to someone who will, or they dont give a fuck.... a la Castellano......

Do we think another family will retaliate, like Chin did for Castellano? I know nothing to suggest they would...

Again, its all eyes on Mannino, either he went along with the hit or he didn't know. Now he either will retaliate, or he wont.....

The question is when Cali gets hit, are they still close? Or is it a Massino- Vitale dynamic? Was there a deal struck with the other capos? Did HE order it?
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 am My bad, Dailey News article, but really, you could read it anywhere....

Cali, who served on the Gambino family’s ruling panel for several years, was elevated to acting boss in 2015, replacing then 68-year-old Domenico Cefalu, authorities said.
Man, i thought you were saying Maninno was acting for someone. I'm not sure why you addressed this to me then i don't remember saying Cali wasn't one of the top guys. I know there's been various contradictory reports so it's hard to pin down exactly how things are but i already posted my thinking on this earlier in the thread:
My thinking was they could operate similar to a ruling panel with Cefalu if he is Acting Boss not having much more if any more power than Cali as Underboss and whoever is Consig if there is one. Maybe they just took the titles to legitimize themselves as if the reports that Pete doesn't have a say in anything are true he most likely didn't appoint them. Who knows though, i don't know if there's any precedent for something like that and i'm just blindly speculating. There's just been a lot of confusion over the years on who is who at the top in that family.
Without having to definitively settle on positions i think Cefalu and Cali have been heading the family for years, likely with others.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 am
I dont get what you mean... either the other capos care and will retaliate DIRECTLY, or give tacit approval to someone who will, or they dont give a fuck.... a la Castellano......

Do we think another family will retaliate, like Chin did for Castellano? I know nothing to suggest they would...

Again, its all eyes on Mannino, either he went along with the hit or he didn't know. Now he either will retaliate, or he wont.....

The question is when Cali gets hit, are they still close? Or is it a Massino- Vitale dynamic? Was there a deal struck with the other capos? Did HE order it?
That post was due to the confusion of me thinking you were saying Maninno was acting for someone when you were saying Cali. Hopefully time will tell what Mannino's position is, right now neither of us know for sure and we've already went over this.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@camo

Aah, we got our signals crossed a little, no worries.
This thing has everyone fired up, lol...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Well, I got this from the other board, interesting g, to say the least..... I got my answer on the new Cupola and its connections to the US.......
LiveSicilia

Relationships, business and strange journeys Frank Calì's Sicilian ties
Written by Riccardo Lo Around March 14, 2019 - 16:30
PALERMO
Relationships, business and strange journeys
Frank Calì's Sicilian ties

The head of the new dome, Settimo Mineo, was going to America. Contact with the Inzerillo
PALERMO - They kill a mafia boss, Frank Calì, in New York, and the sound of gunshots is also heard in Sicily. The liaison magistrate between Italy and the United States immediately activated to acquire information. It is the investigations in progress in Sicily that are being watched with the utmost attention. There are family ties, business in progress, planned and missed trips at the last moment that must be analyzed. Certainly Franky boy had contacts with the mafia families of Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento.

First of all there are family relationships. The victim had married Rosaria Inzerillo, sister of Pietro, one of the escaped to America during a war of mafia wanted by corleonesi. On January 14, 1982, a New Jersey police officer received an anonymous phone call. A voice told him to go to the Hilton hotel in Mount Laurel because there was a bomb inside a car. And instead in the trunk they found the frozen corpse of Pietro Inzerillo, brother-in-law of Frank Calì.

Over the years, the Inzerillos have returned to the Passo di Rigano hamlet in Palermo, not without fibrillation. In 1997 Francesco Inzerillo, known as u truttaturi, son of Pietro, was expelled from the United States and forcibly returned to Italy. In 2014 also his cousin Tommaso returned to Palermo. Both were arrested in the 2006 Gotha blitz. Francis was released from prison in October 2011 and Tommaso was released in November 2013.

The escape season is now closed if it is true that Settimo Mineo, the elderly boss of Pagliarelli who presided over the new dome of Cosa Nostra which met last May, has recently met the Inzerillo cousins. As if that wasn't enough Mineo, two months before the police arrested him, planned a trip to America. On 15 October, the bugs intercepted him while he was talking about a passport and asked a travel agent what was needed to obtain an entry visa to the United States. What were his plans? Did he want to talk to the American bosses of the new Cosa Nostra after Riina?

The truth is that Francesco Paolo Augusto Calì- this is the full name of Frank Calì - born in America, he has always kept in mind his Sicilian origins. In 2007 Frank Fappiano, collaborator of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, said that as early as 1999 he had been presented as "wiseguy", that is "man of honor". In 2003 another collaborator, Micheal Di Leonardo, added that he had discussed the Gambino business with him. Dirty business, like drug dealing, and seemingly legitimate business in large-scale distribution and fruit import export. It starts from the cultivation of land between the provinces of Agrigento and Trapani and arrives in the United States. A millionaire business that could have created deep tensions.

It is still early to understand if there is a connection between the events of the Sicilian mafia and those that led to the murder of Frank Calì, riddled with bullets in front of his Staten Island home. But it is certain that America is less distant than it may seem.

In New York, Ferdinando Freddy Gallina has been held for a year and a half . He had taken refuge in America and is now close to extradition. In the first instance, the green light to return to Italy has arrived. There are those who tremble because they fear that Gallina, on whom hangs the heavy accusation of murder, may decide to collaborate with justice. Gallina was a loyal friend of Salvatore Lo Piccolo, the boss of San Lorenzo who sponsored the return of escapes overseas.

Written by Riccardo Lo Around March 14, 2019 - 16:30

© REPRODUCTION RESERVED

Leave the first comment ...
First name *
E-mail * (will not be published)
Website
Comment *
* Required fields
LiveSicilia
LiveSicilia Palermo LiveSicilia Catania LiveSicilia Sport
Website development EDIGMA
IT Infrastructure Management 3os