Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Frank »

It's been about 24 hours and we are at 48 pages is that a forum record??
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Crazy....killed in front of the family homestead is like a message sent, a serious fuck you message. And it's eerily similar to what has been happening up in Canada for how many years now? Is there any connection to Canada and the Gambino's? But this--to hit maybe the boss of the Gambino's? Then of course the Inzerillo connection but all's forgiven, is anything really forgiven? Was it some pay back from gawd knows what from gawd knows who and nobody will know anything like ever. That it had nothing to do with the Gambino's per sey but just Cali himself?

You'd think if it was internal or someone close Cali just disappears and is never seen again...

You know if nobody knows nothing guys like Barney B. are like what what the fuck we need answers!

One thing for sure, FBI and any other international LE listening and asking CI questions for possible clues.
st2gats
Prospect

Post by st2gats »

Cali was running things day to day. Make no mistake, he was the "real" boss. Clean hit. Inside job. Almost 100 percent it was sanctioned. Losing 70 million at the port will do that. Heroin biz is nasty. Lay down with dogs...get fleas.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Cali long standing ties to the gotti faction maybe they wanted the power back, he was acting for Damico , I wonder if damico has anything to do with this hit time will tell
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
st2gats
Prospect

Post by st2gats »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:11 pm Cali long standing ties to the gotti faction maybe they wanted the power back, he was acting for Damico , I wonder if damico has anything to do with this hit time will tell
You might be on to something.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

The funeral for this is going to be a madhouse, at least in terms of the media coverage.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Pete wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Pete wrote:
Chaps wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 pm So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've got these specific events to work with:

1. John Gambino's death (Gambino was reportedly Cali's mentor)
2. $77 million N.J. cocaine bust (Cali is reportedly involved in international drug trafficking)
2. Frank Cali's alleged shelving following an affair of his wife (Cali's wife is connected to Sicilian OC).
3. Gene Gotti's release (the Gottis and the Gambino Howard Beach crew still hold some sway in the family, and the Gottis have historically disliked the Zips).
4. Lucchese hierarchy bust, and recent release on bail (the Luccheses are an ultraviolent family, and the very recent release on bail of the acting boss, underboss, and capos is suspicious).
5. Michael Mancuso's release (Mancuso's previous leadership on the streets involved him ordering murders despite intense L.E. scrutiny, so we know this is right up his alley).
6. Bonanno hierarchy acquittal (with Cammarano and Zancocchio shocking everyone by walking out of court free, anything's possible).
7. Carmine Persico's death (Since the Colombos don't really have much interest in wide-scale drug trafficking, and since Persico probably didn't know Cali by the time he was in jail, this is unlikely to have anything to do with it in my POV).
OK, out of all of these (which is a great synopsis of what everyone has said) the only one I see as plausible, is Gene Gotti. Although, saying that, I have doubts. He just got released after having done a shit ton of years in the can. But, he is John's brother. And, by all accounts he is considered tougher.

As far as a connection between Carmine Persico's death and the Bonanno acquittal, none whatsoever. Pure coincidence.

Same with anything with Crea et. al. They're just tryinf to hold on. And, after the Bonanno acquittal, they have some hope...

Ditto Mancuso's release.

Drugs, maybe, but i doubt it.

If I'm proved wrong, or something entirely different comes out that we're not even looking at, I'll def shit my pants.

My guess is "nobody finds nuttin."
I agree with your last statement. If someone is not in custody within the next few days that means the truck was probably stolen and is a dead end. Without that we most likely don’t find out what happened until someone needs their get out of jail free card and flips which could be many years down the road
You can count on the truck being stolen and probably gone now. Otherwise this wouldn't have been a mob hit.
Actually there have been people using their own cars on hits. Anthony nicodemo on the dipietro hit and colletti on the Mikey Chang hit
Yeah but this was a whole different ball game. Philly are cowboys anyway.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Frank wrote:It's been about 24 hours and we are at 48 pages is that a forum record??
This is the Frank Cali has been killed chatroom.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

st2gats wrote:Cali was running things day to day. Make no mistake, he was the "real" boss. Clean hit. Inside job. Almost 100 percent it was sanctioned. Losing 70 million at the port will do that. Heroin biz is nasty. Lay down with dogs...get fleas.
I believe it was coke and losing some shipments is part of that business. It happens quite often and bosses don't get killed for something like that. And who says that was tied to Cali anyway?

If Gene is behind this I think he will bring hellfire upon him as the actor who played Dellacrose in the Travolta movie said so eloquently. He'll either get shot himself or be send back to jail eventually. I don't think the Sicilian faction is going to fall in line this time, unless Cali had become persona non grata for some reason and nobody cares.

Straightened out

Post by 100100 »

If it ends up being a random non mob related hit, this is going to be so anti-climatic lol
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

At least this hit is New York and not Canada, so eventually someone will rat and we’ll find out the truth in a few years when they write a book and their kids do a reality tv show.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

st2gats wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 pm Cali was running things day to day. Make no mistake, he was the "real" boss. Clean hit. Inside job. Almost 100 percent it was sanctioned. Losing 70 million at the port will do that. Heroin biz is nasty. Lay down with dogs...get fleas.
So you think Cefalu had him hit over losing the 70 mil in drugs.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

100100 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 pm If it ends up being a random non mob related hit, this is going to be so anti-climatic lol
That's exactly what i was thinking earlier on when it initially sounded like a random dispute lol. It really doesn't seem like that now with the waiting for him to reattach the licence plate before shooting him thing and the crash likely being a trap to lure him out. Personally i don't think Cali suspected he was in any danger so to me that suggests it was either a surprise attempt to grab power or it was for something that happened a while ago which Cali thought had been sorted out. I'm currently thinking the drugs seizure is just a coincidence, definitely could be wrong of course, time will tell hopefully.
st2gats
Prospect

Post by st2gats »

Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 pm
st2gats wrote:Cali was running things day to day. Make no mistake, he was the "real" boss. Clean hit. Inside job. Almost 100 percent it was sanctioned. Losing 70 million at the port will do that. Heroin biz is nasty. Lay down with dogs...get fleas.
I believe it was coke and losing some shipments is part of that business. It happens quite often and bosses don't get killed for something like that. And who says that was tied to Cali anyway?

If Gene is behind this I think he will bring hellfire upon him as the actor who played Dellacrose in the Travolta movie said so eloquently. He'll either get shot himself or be send back to jail eventually. I don't think the Sicilian faction is going to fall in line this time, unless Cali had become persona non grata for some reason and nobody cares.
Correct. If it is Gene and Co., its gonna get ugly.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

If it's Gene he lives up to his family name as a moron. There's no way this ends with him back in power and if it somehow does he'll likely be spending the rest of his life in jail within a few years. Would be insane if it was and he gets away with it but i can't see it.