Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Pete »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm
st2gats wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:44 pm Who usually does the work? Someone close to you that you know and feel comfortable with. Frank never would have turned his back on this guy unless it was someone he felt safe with or knew somehow. This was planned and has all the markings of a well executed hit. Young guy making his bones? Maybe. Someone gave the order. This was clearly sanctioned and if not the fallout will be known shortly.
Weird all these random accounts popping up with no posts but this thread but...

A guy he knew randomly backed into his Cadillac and they had a chat about it? lol
Exactly makes no sense. If it was someone he knew that randomly was on his block and backed into his car that would be the biggest red flag
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Plus it's not like he'd be expecting this in 2019, he'd be as shocked as we are lol. That does sort of give credence to it not being related to any recent problems though as you'd expect him to be fully on guard if he thought this was possibly coming.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

It was actually a pretty good ruse, much better than the running up to a McDonalds window and killing a guy waiting for coffee
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
st2gats
Prospect

Post by st2gats »

st2gats wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:44 pm Who usually does the work? Someone close to you that you know and feel comfortable with. Frank never would have turned his back on this guy unless it was someone he felt safe with or knew somehow. This was planned and has all the markings of a well executed hit. Young guy making his bones? Maybe. Someone gave the order. This was clearly sanctioned and if not the fallout will be known shortly.

A guy he knew randomly backed into his Cadillac and they had a chat about it? lol
Was 9th grade your senior year? Grammar clearly not a strong suit. Comprehension either. Because one doesn't constantly post inane drivel doesn't mean one doesn't know or talk to people about said subject. Capiche????
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

st2gats wrote:Who usually does the work? Someone close to you that you know and feel comfortable with. Frank never would have turned his back on this guy unless it was someone he felt safe with or knew somehow. This was planned and has all the markings of a well executed hit. Young guy making his bones? Maybe. Someone gave the order. This was clearly sanctioned and if not the fallout will be known shortly.
A guy he knows wearing a hoodie and a cap at night while somehow bumping into his parked car wouldn't look suspicious?
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Camo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:59 pm Plus it's not like he'd be expecting this in 2019, he'd be as shocked as we are lol. That does sort of give credence to it not being related to any recent problems though as you'd expect him to be fully on guard if he thought this was possibly coming.
Yeah if he was on guard over a 10 million dollar wholesale value shipment (not the inflated fed numbers) he probably would find it highly suspicious someone hit his parked car

And I am sure this guy has moved hundreds of millions in drugs he isnt in danger because a single shopment got seized and someone hatched a plan to kill a high ranking guy over it who would make that money up in a month or less.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Camo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Yeah it doesn't sound like he knew him. Not sure why people think they know Cali or know how he'd react to this situation. Plenty of these guys are dumb and he doesn't even have to be dumb for this to have happened, could've just let his guard down because it was late at night and it looked like a genuine accident.
There is relatively little to no killings these days, you are Cali...you hear a crash at 9 at night into your car, no time to really think let me grab a gun more like oh some drunk idiot hit my Escalade, let me see what is going on here
Agreed. One article actually mentioned that he had a gun though, who knows if that was accurate.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

st2gats wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Was 9th grade your senior year? Grammar clearly not a strong suit. Comprehension either. Because one doesn't constantly post inane drivel doesn't mean one doesn't know or talk to people about said subject. Capiche????
Are you fucking high? Not one person agrees with you and you come with this BS on your troll account? Someone ban this fool.

I am sure you are an insider on all of the fresh street talk. :lol:
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Costigan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm I think its a great story line that Gene killed him but first things first. We don't even know if Gene is even active right? I mean he might have some money on the street but besides that he is on supervised parole right? I just can't see him getting involved in anything for the rest of his life if he has half a brain up there. I figured they shelved him and he was fine with that. Then again that magazine or newspaper article that said all the gambino guys were nervous about Gene coming home because he would shake thigns up....what if this is the answer to that question? It really doesn't seem that far fetched does it? I don't know man im so torn. Overall I don't think Gene did it tho.
Overall I don't think Gene did it either, but I also didn't think Frank Cali was going to be hit last night. Freaking amazing. I tend to think it was the Gambino higher ups cleaning house, for whatever reason.
Right man what a crazy week! The Bonnanos beating the feds! The snake dying! And supposedly one of cageist organized crime members in the world gets absolutely blown away...wow and it’s 2019!!! Never in a million years did I see anything like this happening or the Bonnanos winning their case. I’ll tell ya what tho man this should be an indicator of what kinda money is still out there on the streets cause people are still offing bosses over it.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Camo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Yeah it doesn't sound like he knew him. Not sure why people think they know Cali or know how he'd react to this situation. Plenty of these guys are dumb and he doesn't even have to be dumb for this to have happened, could've just let his guard down because it was late at night and it looked like a genuine accident.
There is relatively little to no killings these days, you are Cali...you hear a crash at 9 at night into your car, no time to really think let me grab a gun more like oh some drunk idiot hit my Escalade, let me see what is going on here
Agreed. One article actually mentioned that he had a gun though, who knows if that was accurate.
No the article said he reached into his pocket like he had a gun, not sure if he sensed something was up or wanted to fake him out in case something was up, but then he wouldnt take the license plate and turn his back on the guy so who knows what is accurate
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Strax wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 pm So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've got these specific events to work with:

1. John Gambino's death (Gambino was reportedly Cali's mentor)
2. $77 million N.J. cocaine bust (Cali is reportedly involved in international drug trafficking)
2. Frank Cali's alleged shelving following an affair of his wife (Cali's wife is connected to Sicilian OC).
3. Gene Gotti's release (the Gottis and the Gambino Howard Beach crew still hold some sway in the family, and the Gottis have historically disliked the Zips).
4. Lucchese hierarchy bust, and recent release on bail (the Luccheses are an ultraviolent family, and the very recent release on bail of the acting boss, underboss, and capos is suspicious).
5. Michael Mancuso's release (Mancuso's previous leadership on the streets involved him ordering murders despite intense L.E. scrutiny, so we know this is right up his alley).
6. Bonanno hierarchy acquittal (with Cammarano and Zancocchio shocking everyone by walking out of court free, anything's possible).
7. Carmine Persico's death (Since the Colombos don't really have much interest in wide-scale drug trafficking, and since Persico probably didn't know Cali by the time he was in jail, this is unlikely to have anything to do with it in my POV).
Thats pretty much everything , i read some theory that he messed up with that 77$ million cocaine,and the order came from Sicily.But i don't believe in it at all,time will tell
2. Frank Cali's alleged shelving following an affair of his wife (Cali's wife is connected to Sicilian OC).

He was none to cheat on his way back when he was pictured with his girlfriend and the Sicilian mobsters who came to see him in the early 2000s That cant be it. Unless he was planning on leaving her for another woman. These guys all bang side pieces..
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm
Camo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm

No the article said he reached into his pocket like he had a gun, not sure if he sensed something was up or wanted to fake him out in case something was up, but then he wouldnt take the license plate and turn his back on the guy so who knows what is accurate
Fair enough. I skimmed the article, had to go through like 25 pages lol.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Rocco wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 pm So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've got these specific events to work with:

2. $77 million N.J. cocaine bust (Cali is reportedly involved in international drug trafficking)
3. Gene Gotti's release (the Gottis and the Gambino Howard Beach crew still hold some sway in the family, and the Gottis have historically disliked the Zips).
4. Lucchese hierarchy bust, and recent release on bail (the Luccheses are an ultraviolent family, and the very recent release on bail of the acting boss, underboss, and capos is suspicious).
5. Michael Mancuso's release (Mancuso's previous leadership on the streets involved him ordering murders despite intense L.E. scrutiny, so we know this is right up his alley).
6. Bonanno hierarchy acquittal (with Cammarano and Zancocchio shocking everyone by walking out of court free, anything's possible).
7. Carmine Persico's death (Since the Colombos don't really have much interest in wide-scale drug trafficking, and since Persico probably didn't know Cali by the time he was in jail, this is unlikely to have anything to do with it in my POV).
Thats pretty much everything , i read some theory that he messed up with that 77$ million cocaine,and the order came from Sicily.But i don't believe in it at all,time will tell

He was none to cheat on his way back when he was pictured with his girlfriend and the Sicilian mobsters who came to see him in the early 2000s That cant be it. Unless he was planning on leaving her for another woman. These guys all bang side pieces..
That picture wasn't of Frank Cali if you're talking about the picture with the black woman. Was misidentified i believe.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Rocco wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm

That was not Cali in that photo with the black girl.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Honestly the clues keep pointing to an inside hit, maybe not Gene, but someone else who doesn’t mind all the blame falling onto Gene.