Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by JohnnyS »

Personally, I don't buy the major drug trafficking angle. I just find it hard to believe the lowkey Gambino admin would still be involved in that. They were known drug traffickers and LE were looking at Cali for it for years and nothing came of it. Makes sense that they stayed away from it. Of course just my opinion though.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Frank Cali isn't as 'sicilian' as most people make him out to be. While he clearly had the blood of and plenty of familial connections to 'sicilians' he was born here and came up under John Gambino but also Jackie D'Amico. He was a Brooklyn guy not a zip.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

baldo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 pm Interesting in that daily mail link Capeci says it doesn’t sound mob related.
He could've said that in response to the initial report that made it sound like they were having a long conversation before they shot him. Later it came out that the killer waited until he turned his back to reattach his licence plate before shooting. Think initially it did sound non mob related before details where later clarified, if they are accurate of course.
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

Mason_dixon wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm I think its a great story line that Gene killed him but first things first. We don't even know if Gene is even active right? I mean he might have some money on the street but besides that he is on supervised parole right? I just can't see him getting involved in anything for the rest of his life if he has half a brain up there. I figured they shelved him and he was fine with that. Then again that magazine or newspaper article that said all the gambino guys were nervous about Gene coming home because he would shake thigns up....what if this is the answer to that question? It really doesn't seem that far fetched does it? I don't know man im so torn. Overall I don't think Gene did it tho.
Overall I don't think Gene did it either, but I also didn't think Frank Cali was going to be hit last night. Freaking amazing. I tend to think it was the Gambino higher ups cleaning house, for whatever reason.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:26 pm Frank Cali isn't as 'sicilian' as most people make him out to be. While he clearly had the blood of and plenty of familial connections to 'sicilians' he was born here and came up under John Gambino but also Jackie D'Amico. He was a Brooklyn guy not a zip.
His marriage into the Inzerillo's clearly brought him into that side of things though as he's been photographed in Italy with Italian mobsters and vice-versa i believe. Who knows though.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

It’s crazy to think when Zottola got whacked we were all amazed a mob hit happened in this day and age no matter how low level he was. Now a couple months later the boss (if he was truly boss) of the Gambinos gets whacked!

I’m still leaning towards this being sanctioned by the admin rather than another faction trying to take over.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

baldo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 pm Interesting in that daily mail link Capeci says it doesn’t sound mob related.
Capeci has been out of touch and mailing it in for a while now, also seems to not have as many sources as before. Sounds more mob related than not mob related. A guy so angry at Cali after he ran into his car that he shot him after handing him a license plate? Someone should clip Capeci lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Capeci relies too much on law enforcement sources these days. At first glance it doesn't look like a typical mob hit, but the detailed description of what happened a few pages back paints a different picture, if it's true of course.
52g
Prospect

Post by 52g »

There looks to be no damage to the car and it looks like both plates are still on the truck
st2gats
Prospect

Post by st2gats »

Who usually does the work? Someone close to you that you know and feel comfortable with. Frank never would have turned his back on this guy unless it was someone he felt safe with or knew somehow. This was planned and has all the markings of a well executed hit. Young guy making his bones? Maybe. Someone gave the order. This was clearly sanctioned and if not the fallout will be known shortly.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Canadian drug shit IMO, not american lcn

Lol at capeci. So out of touch.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

st2gats wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:44 pm Who usually does the work? Someone close to you that you know and feel comfortable with. Frank never would have turned his back on this guy unless it was someone he felt safe with or knew somehow. This was planned and has all the markings of a well executed hit. Young guy making his bones? Maybe. Someone gave the order. This was clearly sanctioned and if not the fallout will be known shortly.
Weird all these random accounts popping up with no posts but this thread but...

A guy he knew randomly backed into his Cadillac and they had a chat about it? lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

eboli wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 pm Capeci relies too much on law enforcement sources these days. At first glance it doesn't look like a typical mob hit, but the detailed description of what happened a few pages back paints a different picture, if it's true of course.
Courtroom sources even, barely any actual L.E. sources.

Capeci still has some major inside scoops every once and a while, but if you actually look at his inside sources they don't appear to be from the street or from actual law enforcement. They seem to be from inside the D.A.'s office, or from defense attorneys involved in the case.
Once a case makes it to the D.A.'s office, and subpoenas and search warrants start getting handed down, Capeci is in the trenches, with a wealth of sources and information. But before then, Capeci doesn't seem to know much about what's actually going on in the streets. I still religiously read Gang Land News and hold Capeci higher than pretty much everyone else, but you have to bear those facts in mind. He didn't know dick about the Zottola hit, the Zito hit, and it's unlikely he'll know dick about the Cali case until prosecutors do.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm
st2gats wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:44 pm Who usually does the work? Someone close to you that you know and feel comfortable with. Frank never would have turned his back on this guy unless it was someone he felt safe with or knew somehow. This was planned and has all the markings of a well executed hit. Young guy making his bones? Maybe. Someone gave the order. This was clearly sanctioned and if not the fallout will be known shortly.

A guy he knew randomly backed into his Cadillac and they had a chat about it? lol
Yeah it doesn't sound like he knew him. Not sure why people think they know Cali or know how he'd react to this situation. Plenty of these guys are dumb and he doesn't even have to be dumb for this to have happened, could've just let his guard down because it was late at night and it looked like a genuine accident.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Camo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:56 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Yeah it doesn't sound like he knew him. Not sure why people think they know Cali or know how he'd react to this situation. Plenty of these guys are dumb and he doesn't even have to be dumb for this to have happened, could've just let his guard down because it was late at night and it looked like a genuine accident.
There is relatively little to no killings these days, you are Cali...you hear a crash at 9 at night into your car, no time to really think let me grab a gun more like oh some drunk idiot hit my Escalade, let me see what is going on here