Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Where did the info come from that he cheated and was therefore demoted and out of favor with the family?

Link?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

sharpieone wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm The fact there was a conversation makes me believe it was more likely an American than a zip who pulled the trigger. Also, the guys pribnts are either on the plate, or he was wearing gloves, which I would think would raise red flags to Cali, since it was a mild night in nY. The whole incident was probably confusing for him. But I guess if the guy doesn’t like texts or calls from even his capos, causing a crash to lure him makes sense. And although his neighborhood has a lot of cameras, it is still secluded. Trying to get him at one of his commercial holdings on busier roads in broad daylight would have carried its own risks. I don’t think it’s gene though. Either international or something to do with Staten Island power. Gene is probably free to earn however he wants on LI/queens. The fbi and nypd must be all over ever known club and cafe today. I’d imagine top guys involved in any of cali’s operations also have a little extra protection until they know what’s going on. Does anyone know if Barney even spends time in nY anymore or is he mostly Florida based?
Why would the guys prints be on Cali's plates? Cali went to put it in the trunk and that is when he was shot I thought?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

I think its a great story line that Gene killed him but first things first. We don't even know if Gene is even active right? I mean he might have some money on the street but besides that he is on supervised parole right? I just can't see him getting involved in anything for the rest of his life if he has half a brain up there. I figured they shelved him and he was fine with that. Then again that magazine or newspaper article that said all the gambino guys were nervous about Gene coming home because he would shake thigns up....what if this is the answer to that question? It really doesn't seem that far fetched does it? I don't know man im so torn. Overall I don't think Gene did it tho.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Cali surely knew the shooter, right? I mean why the hell would a street guy like Cali turn his back on a random stranger wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap to put a plate in the trunk. He must have felt safe enough to go out there in the first place. We need to know if the unconfirmed reports that Cali recieved a call or a text and he was expecting somebody to arrive are true. That would explain a lot.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:54 pm Where did the info come from that he cheated and was therefore demoted and out of favor with the family?

Link?
bronx said it on here I believe.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

So much for Cleveland being dead.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Detailed article from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... li-53.html
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've got these specific events to work with:

1. John Gambino's death (Gambino was reportedly Cali's mentor)
2. $77 million N.J. cocaine bust (Cali is reportedly involved in international drug trafficking)
2. Frank Cali's alleged shelving following an affair of his wife (Cali's wife is connected to Sicilian OC).
3. Gene Gotti's release (the Gottis and the Gambino Howard Beach crew still hold some sway in the family, and the Gottis have historically disliked the Zips).
4. Lucchese hierarchy bust, and recent release on bail (the Luccheses are an ultraviolent family, and the very recent release on bail of the acting boss, underboss, and capos is suspicious).
5. Michael Mancuso's release (Mancuso's previous leadership on the streets involved him ordering murders despite intense L.E. scrutiny, so we know this is right up his alley).
6. Bonanno hierarchy acquittal (with Cammarano and Zancocchio shocking everyone by walking out of court free, anything's possible).
7. Carmine Persico's death (Since the Colombos don't really have much interest in wide-scale drug trafficking, and since Persico probably didn't know Cali by the time he was in jail, this is unlikely to have anything to do with it in my POV).
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Regarding the Daily Mail article, Giovanni Gambino, I believe, is also the same guy that said ISIS wouldn't attack NYC because they were afraid of the Mafia. I don't believe he was ever actually associated with organized crime and is a Class-A bullshitter.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Keep an eye on when the wake is.

WHO attends the wake could tell us everything.
I wouldn't put my money on people attending or not attending, being with or against Cali.

Massino also attended Sciascia's wake.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 pm So, correct me if I'm wrong, but we've got these specific events to work with:

1. John Gambino's death (Gambino was reportedly Cali's mentor)
2. $77 million N.J. cocaine bust (Cali is reportedly involved in international drug trafficking)
2. Frank Cali's alleged shelving following an affair of his wife (Cali's wife is connected to Sicilian OC).
3. Gene Gotti's release (the Gottis and the Gambino Howard Beach crew still hold some sway in the family, and the Gottis have historically disliked the Zips).
4. Lucchese hierarchy bust, and recent release on bail (the Luccheses are an ultraviolent family, and the very recent release on bail of the acting boss, underboss, and capos is suspicious).
5. Michael Mancuso's release (Mancuso's previous leadership on the streets involved him ordering murders despite intense L.E. scrutiny, so we know this is right up his alley).
6. Bonanno hierarchy acquittal (with Cammarano and Zancocchio shocking everyone by walking out of court free, anything's possible).
7. Carmine Persico's death (Since the Colombos don't really have much interest in wide-scale drug trafficking, and since Persico probably didn't know Cali by the time he was in jail, this is unlikely to have anything to do with it in my POV).
Thats pretty much everything , i read some theory that he messed up with that 77$ million cocaine,and the order came from Sicily.But i don't believe in it at all,time will tell
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

But organizing a hit on man like Cali in just 4 days is not possible imo
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Interesting in that daily mail link Capeci says it doesn’t sound mob related.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Damn, this thread is a rollercoaster. Was disappointed thinking it sounded like a random road rage incident before more info came out and it clearly sounds like a hit again. Some of you made it sound very likely Gene did it too, but i still doubt it personally. Insane, hope we find out soon.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

baldo wrote:Would be something if Gene has nothing to do with this and he’s like “they had to do this right after I spent thirty years inside?”

With the amount of rats and CIs these days I’m sure we’ll find out sooner what happened.
It would be a smart move by others trying to put the blame on him.

Tough choice for the family now. This isn't in the interest of the majority of them and the other families. They either have to lay low for the heat to go away and accept it for the time being while looking weak, or retaliate against the ones responsible and bringing a level of heat upon then unseen since the last Colombo war.