Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm
123JoeSchmo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:28 pm Man, this is absolutely nuts. Who knows what the reason is. It's all speculative at this point.
Good to see ya back pal
Hey, thanks dude. Wasn't sure anyone was going to remember me considering last time I posted was 2016.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Keep an eye on when the wake is.

WHO attends the wake could tell us everything.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:18 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 pm
Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Chopper wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Cali pausing to close his front door, perhaps out of concern for his family inside, or maybe just to ensure a dog or a cat does not get out. He steps over to the driver of the pickup truck.

The driver is wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap, so his face is not clearly visible as he and Cali speak. Cali reaches into his pants pocket, as if to suggest he had a gun.
Sounds like Cali had his suspisions but went outside anyway.
I wonder if the guy posed as a civilian? Seems weird that Cali would put the other guy's plate in his trunk.
The article states it was his own license plate that had detached, as I read it.
Thanks; we only have one plate down here.
👍

Anytime my good man.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

John W wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:32 pm I’m seeing the confusion regarding a brother called Joe who is a made member, they are talking about John Gambino’s brother Joe Gambino
👍

Cheers John.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

I think its a taking back of American interests so to speak, As once you give a group of Sicilians power to lord over something, Forget it !! Sicilians only trust theyre own and eventually shut everyone out to a small degree ! Im Sicilian, And too many Sicilians at the top will cause major problems. Dont know if im right or totally wrong but an Italian american and a Sicilian at the Top is good business and relations for everyone all around
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

bklyn21, you make good points. Look at the guys at the top of the Gambino chart in recent years, Sicilians or Brooklyn guys no Gotti loyalists. Cefalu, Mannino, Cali, Juliano, Gambino. Makes you wonder if they got the taste for power.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

To walk out of his house at night after his car was hit (he obviously didn’t know it was done deliberately) he clearly didn’t feel threatened or aware of any potential threat to his life and the police had not heard anything on the grapevine from their rats either about any upcoming trouble
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

For them to take over wouldn’t they have to get rid of a lot more than just one guy? He seemed to have family connections here and overseas. Plus if he was a vital cog in the drug machine there are a lot of players involved internationally who would be pissed. They would have to drop more guys which bring a ton of heat especially after this hit which is making world wide news. Unless of course they cleared this with all those players and they were ok with it.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

The fact there was a conversation makes me believe it was more likely an American than a zip who pulled the trigger. Also, the guys pribnts are either on the plate, or he was wearing gloves, which I would think would raise red flags to Cali, since it was a mild night in nY. The whole incident was probably confusing for him. But I guess if the guy doesn’t like texts or calls from even his capos, causing a crash to lure him makes sense. And although his neighborhood has a lot of cameras, it is still secluded. Trying to get him at one of his commercial holdings on busier roads in broad daylight would have carried its own risks. I don’t think it’s gene though. Either international or something to do with Staten Island power. Gene is probably free to earn however he wants on LI/queens. The fbi and nypd must be all over ever known club and cafe today. I’d imagine top guys involved in any of cali’s operations also have a little extra protection until they know what’s going on. Does anyone know if Barney even spends time in nY anymore or is he mostly Florida based?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

John W wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 pm To walk out of his house at night after his car was hit (he obviously didn’t know it was done deliberately) he clearly didn’t feel threatened or aware of any potential threat to his life and the police had not heard anything on the grapevine from their rats either about any upcoming trouble
It’s actually a good set up especially for someone so cautious. In a neighborhood like that I doubt they could have just sat out there for hours waiting for him to come out. Neighbors would get suspicious and call the cops. Get in and get out as quick as possible. I would also assume he didn’t know his killer or he would have ran as soon as he saw them.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

My prediction is that he was killed by the american/old timer faction of the family either because of a power struggle or to get a bigger take from his drug operations. They killed him in front of his home to make it look like he was hit by the Italians since american mafia rules are not cool with killing you in front of your family.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

baldo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:32 pm For them to take over wouldn’t they have to get rid of a lot more than just one guy? He seemed to have family connections here and overseas. Plus if he was a vital cog in the drug machine there are a lot of players involved internationally who would be pissed. They would have to drop more guys which bring a ton of heat especially after this hit which is making world wide news. Unless of course they cleared this with all those players and they were ok with it.
I would be surprised if Cali or the rest of the Gambino admin were still involved in international drug trafficking. The fact that the top guys in the Gambino family have avoided indictments for this last decade suggest they kept a very low profile and made money elsewhere. You are right Cali had a lot of connections overseas but maybe the rumors of Cali's power diminishing and him losing friends in recent years are true. Killing Cali instead of Cefalu or Maninno was the smarter move for the faction trying to gain power.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Would be something if Gene has nothing to do with this and he’s like “they had to do this right after I spent thirty years inside?”

With the amount of rats and CIs these days I’m sure we’ll find out sooner what happened.
Trident
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Trident »

SconsinJohnson wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm Hard to believe a commission would sanction this hit. More bodies coming is my guess.
If Pete Gotti is still technically the boss then maybe it was rationalized that there was no need for commission approval.
santos
Straightened out

Post by santos »

sharpieone wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm The fact there was a conversation makes me believe it was more likely an American than a zip who pulled the trigger. Also, the guys pribnts are either on the plate, or he was wearing gloves, which I would think would raise red flags to Cali, since it was a mild night in nY. The whole incident was probably confusing for him. But I guess if the guy doesn’t like texts or calls from even his capos, causing a crash to lure him makes sense. And although his neighborhood has a lot of cameras, it is still secluded. Trying to get him at one of his commercial holdings on busier roads in broad daylight would have carried its own risks. I don’t think it’s gene though. Either international or something to do with Staten Island power. Gene is probably free to earn however he wants on LI/queens. The fbi and nypd must be all over ever known club and cafe today. I’d imagine top guys involved in any of cali’s operations also have a little extra protection until they know what’s going on. Does anyone know if Barney even spends time in nY anymore or is he mostly Florida based?
Exactly, he could have been wearing some sort of gloves if he was passing as gardener / construction, they said his car was a pickup and he was wearing a hood over a cap?

or an alternative could be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zvmRGxcA8