Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Snakes »

It feels like internal housecleaning to me. If it was Sicilian (Mannino), they may have flown some guys in or used some undocumented Zips.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

If it is indeed internal I doubt the other families will be too happy about it. Brutal execution in a nice neighborhood in front of the guy's family is bound to attract enormous attention from law enforcement for considerable amount of time.
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 am If the killer(s) were smart, they'd have stolen plates, a stolen truck, or both.
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't. Killing one of the highest ranking mobsters in NY.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Did Gene have that many connections with the Sicilians? I thought that John Gambino and his guys had beef with the Gottis?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I would be very shocked if gene ordered this. I say the family wanted a new boss, and figured they might as well just whack frank. I say the family either flew zips in to do it, gave the contract to a very trustworthy guy in the family.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

My gut feeling on this is it's internal conflict too. They could be sending a message to Cefalu and Mannino to step aside by killing the younger Cali. Gene Gotti just got out and Nick Corozzo is free next year... could be the Gotti era guys making a play, maybe they're sick of the current Sicilian regime?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 am Did Gene have that many connections with the Sicilians? I thought that John Gambino and his guys had beef with the Gottis?
Yeah there was tension between them. John Gambino and the Sicilians were Castellano loyalists, right? They're old school don't think they would've been happy with the way Gotti took over the family and the way he carried himself. I remember reading about a meeting where John Gambino supposedly disrespected John Gotti.
chuckiephilly
Prospect

Post by chuckiephilly »

If he went out to the truck to meet someone to talk, he must have been expecting someone he knew well, or a messenger of someone he knew well. Cali was famously cautious, low-key, didn't meet with a lot of people, etc. Though with Frank's international drug connections, and him being shot in front of his house and family, it's tempting to think it's related to Canada or the Sicilians.

As to the Gene Gotti wanting to get back in the dope game speculation, it's hard to imagine the zips abandoning a stable guy like Cali to work with a guy who just got off a 30-year bid. Especially with a hit this high-profile and sensational. So I guess I'm saying, if it was internal, it was probably purely internal, without approval/go-ahead of the Sicilians.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

I laugh when I see people talking about zips flying in to do the hit, this isn’t the movies, knowledge about the hit would have been kept within a very small group of people and would not involve hitters having to fly halfway across the world, If that was the case the FBI would have arrested everyone before it happened, eveyone involved is probably born and bred in New York
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Its not that far-fetched. If they have serious overseas connections and people out there have interests it would make sense. Guys that are going to stay quiet and not be recognized by American law enforcement.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

I’m sure his brother in law Tall Pete Inzerillo who is a Gambino member will be brought in for questioning
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

John W wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:44 am I laugh when I see people talking about zips flying in to do the hit, this isn’t the movies, knowledge about the hit would have been kept within a very small group of people and would not involve hitters having to fly halfway across the world, If that was the case the FBI would have arrested everyone before it happened, eveyone involved is probably born and bred in New York
So the Ndrangheta who took over Canada’s drug trade? Their from Canada too I guess?
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Gene being involved also doesn't make sense to me. If it is over drugs then bringing in a guy who just got done doing 30 years and has a lightning rod for a last name would be the absolute last thing I'd want. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene was on the shelf but there have been crazier things in this world, so who knows.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

Gotta give him credit he is one tough son of a bitch for getting shot in the head and body, run over and still being alive going into the hospital.. If he would of lived I wonder how the future would play out versus what we are about to see