Who runs the DeCavalcantes?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: Who runs the DeCavalcantes?

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Charlie Majuri being called 'Big Head' could be also called "Horse Head'.
Both nicknames refer to a large noggin.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:43 am Here is a list of the IDed members for those interested. Some of the ages need updating.

Philip Abramo/72
Daniel "Danny" Annunziata/77
Jerry Balzano/55
James Castaldo/60 (UI)
Rosario “Russell” Cocchiaro/73
Dominick Colletti
Giacomo Colletti/67
Peter Colletti
Joseph Collina/69
Louis "Louie Eggs" Consalvo/57
Jerry Constabile
Carl Corsentino/80
Nicholas “Nick the Plumber” Cottone
Frank D'Amato/67
Anthony Falzone
James “Jimmy Pit” Gallo/70 (IP/12/22/2021)
Francesco “Joe” Gatto/74
Joseph "Uncle Joe" Giaccobe/93 (Could be dead)
Leonardo “Larry” Giacobbe
Girolamo “Mommo” Guarraggi
Felice “Phil the Undertaker” LaMela/83
Nicholas “Little Nicky” LaMela/81
Charles "Fat Charlie/Big Ears" Majuri/74
Anthony "Marshmallow" Mannarino/69
Mimmo Marzullo/50
Joseph “Joe Red” Merlo Jr/75
Michael Merlo/63
Joseph Miranda/93 (Could be dead)
Frank “Shipe” Nigro/72
Luigi “Dog” Oliveri/45 (UI)
Francesco “Frank the Painter” Paparatto/77
Gregory Rago/55
John "Junior" Riggi/63
Vincent Riggi/60
Giuseppe "Pino" Schifillitti/78
Joseph "Tin Ear" Sclafani/77
Charles “Charlie the Hat/Beeps” Stango/74 (IP/3/21/2024)
Gaetano "Corky" Vastola/86
Stefano "Steve the Truck Driver" Vitabile/81
Anthony LNU (Son-in-law of Paul Farina)
Frank Renda

There are also the members IDed in the Stango indictment as "Horse", "Milk" and "Big Head" but they are most likely in reference to a member already on the list or who recently died like Frank Guarraci and Manny Riggi.

Pogo
Anthony LNU, son-in-law of Farina, is Anthony Falzone.

Also you have Farina on the dead list. He was still alive as of late 2016. Did it come out that he died since then? I can't find anything.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Eld wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:45 pm Vastola became a Decavalcante associate late 1962, before that he was a Genovese associate, with Ciaffone for seven years.

Vastola's mother and Dominick Ciaffone were first cousins. Then Vastola married the daughter of Ciaffone's sister, which also made Vastola Ciaffone's nephew-in-law. (I think it's called).
I belive he was caught on a wire tape claiming to be withe colombos before being assocaite in DeCavalcante , but maybe it was taken out of context makes sense he be with his uncle
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:01 am Anthony LNU, son-in-law of Farina, is Anthony Falzone.

Also you have Farina on the dead list. He was still alive as of late 2016. Did it come out that he died since then? I can't find anything.

Ah thanks. Looks like I double counted Anthony Falzone. As for Farina I thought I read he died years ago but I guess not. He would be 92/3 now. Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Eld
Straightened out

Post by Eld »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:06 am
Eld wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:45 pm Vastola became a Decavalcante associate late 1962, before that he was a Genovese associate, with Ciaffone for seven years.

Vastola's mother and Dominick Ciaffone were first cousins. Then Vastola married the daughter of Ciaffone's sister, which also made Vastola Ciaffone's nephew-in-law. (I think it's called).
I belive he was caught on a wire tape claiming to be withe colombos before being assocaite in DeCavalcante , but maybe it was taken out of context makes sense he be with his uncle
It's possible he was both. Ciaffone is on tape saying Vastola was with him 7 years and on another bug Frank Cocchiaro says that Ciaffone 'chased' Vastola and it seems partly because Ciaffone was unhappy with Vastola marrying his niece and that marriage seems to have taken place in 1952, so it's could have been 10 years before becoming a Decavalcante associate. Also, in 1965 Frank Cocchiaro is on tape complaining loudly about Vastola to Sam DeCavalcante so maybe he transferred from Coccciaro's crew after that and joined another Decav crew.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:42 am
B. wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:01 am Anthony LNU, son-in-law of Farina, is Anthony Falzone.

Ah thanks. Looks like I double counted Anthony Falzone. As for Farina I thought I read he died years ago but I guess not. He would be 92/3 now. Thanks.

Pogo
Oh yeah, I didn't see that Falzone was already on the list. Definitely the same as Anthony LNU either way. Farina's other son-in-law is the brother of Frank Guarraci. No indication that he is involved in the family. Something of note about Farina is that he came to the US from Caltabellotta (tiny village next to Ribera) in 1954 and lived in NYC for at least a few years before moving to Elizabeth. This means he was either already a made member in Sicily and transferred to the DeCavs or he was made while living in NYC.

Speaking of Frank Guarraci, didn't JD say he came across info that he was the acting consigliere for a time in the early 2000s? I saw photos of him in the period before the Stango indictment and he looked to already be withering away despite his young age, so wouldn't surprise me if he was not active with the administration by then. If he is "Horse", not Majuri, it could explain why there was both an acting boss and a street boss, as he his failing health may have limited his ability.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:34 pm Speaking of Frank Guarraci, didn't JD say he came across info that he was the acting consigliere for a time in the early 2000s? I saw photos of him in the period before the Stango indictment and he looked to already be withering away despite his young age, so wouldn't surprise me if he was not active with the administration by then. If he is "Horse", not Majuri, it could explain why there was both an acting boss and a street boss, as he his failing health may have limited his ability.

Yeah. He most likely replaced Frank D'Amato as Acting Consigliere.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

Do Vastola married his second cousin then? Presuming that Ciaffone’s sister is also Vastola’s mother’s first cousin?
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

IN MEMORY OF ANTHONY DEMAIO SR.
One of Peterstown’s own has recently passed. Anthony Michael DeMaio, Sr. was called home on November 20, 2010. He was born and raised in Elizabeth on Fourth Avenue, and for the past 30 years has resided in Clark, NJ. Anthony was 69 years old, the youngest of 8 children. He was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and brother.
He is survived by his loving wife Jacqueline (nee Merlo) DeMaio of 47 years, cherished daughters Michele DeMaio, Maryellen Foley and her husband Scott, Son Anthony, Jr. and his wife Keara DeMaio, his adoring grandchildren Jacqueline, Rachel and Vivienne, his sisters Rose Moyle, Margaret Dominick and Carmella Cikonovich. He was pre deceased by his parents Marie Gagliardo and Salvatore DeMaio, his sister Mary Carberry and brothers, Ross, Vincent and Sal DeMaio. He will be missed and remembered by his much loved nieces, nephews, cousins and dear friends.
Anthony’s maternal grandfather Vincent Gagliardo was the founder of the St. Rocco’s feast originating in 1930 and continued in Peterstown for many years, he passed away in 1956. It was continued by the American Italian Cultural Society; it became a source of pride to our Italian community each year on August 16th. People still remember the good times at the feast and the richness of their Italian culture.
Mr. Gagliardo built a chapel in his home with a shrine of St. Rocco which today is still visible from the street. It is perched on the ground floor window overlooking Fourth Avenue.
Anthony was a man of strong sense of family; he had great honor and values. He was a union man and a member of Laborers Local 394 for over 40 years. In 1982 his dream of owning his own company came true, and
Anthony Michael DeMaio, Sr. 1941 - 2010
he became the owner of the W.D. Snyder Construction Company, his company was built on a “can do” spirit, a hand shake, fairness and equality, he was always willing to help someone in need with a sincere and genuine kindness, never afraid to tackle a problem, he never gave up, he was a courageous man and a true gentleman. If Anthony was your friend, he was your friend forever; he was a much loved community leader, a member of the Ribera Club and the Old Timers Club in Elizabeth. He was a communicant of St. Anthony of Padua Church in Elizabeth.
He touched many lives during his lifetime he “did it his way” and his legacy will live on. He always believed it was so important to take care of one another and love one another. He will be sadly missed by all. May you rest in peace dear “Shoes” until we all meet again. God bless you forever. We’ve been truly blessed to have you in our lives.

You all probably know about "Soft Shoe", but here is the obit put in the Peterstown community paper. I thought B might appreciate this.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

When do you think the DeCavalcantes was the strongest ? 60’s?
Also when would you say the DeCavalcantes earning the most money 90’s? And who was the biggest earner for that family Vinny Ocean ?
The 5 families Basically came down that the DeCavalcantes can’t make guys from NY any longer? Those 2002 -2003 Indictments showed they had a good amount of NY guys in the family .
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:00 pm Annunziata was made in the 1970s, Vastola in 1982. Not sure if they were with another family earlier, but they were on record with the DeCavalcantes by the 1960s. Vastola was close to Funzie Tieri and the Brooklyn Genovese crew(s), being related to Genovese soldier Dominick Caiffone.

Do you have any info or lists on the DeCavalcantes or associates of New York families who were active or lived in New Jersey in the era of the 1950's? It's a tough one I know, but you seem to have a lot of knowledge on the topic.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
I believe all five NY families had crews in Jersey at one time because one of the pre-DeCavalcante Jersey families (Elizabeth?) was split among the NY families.

I'm sure most recognize the name from bb, anyone else ever heard of this happening?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Newark was the family that was disbanded.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Is the Old timers club a mob club?