Mob talk 28

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Mob talk 28

Post by slimshady_007 »

Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Mob talk 28

Post by chin_gigante »

Interesting about a 2nd potential CW with Narducci threatening his debtor
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:23 pm Interesting about a 2nd potential CW with Narducci threatening his debtor
now that i think of it pretty sure there is a victim C listed along with victim A

hip hemp café
https://www.philly.com/business/marijua ... 90216.html
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

These mob talk sit downs have been really slacking lately. Wow Phil having (atleast )over 300 k out on the streets. Wonder if he was/is sharing that with the other guys....

So do we know what Long John really was doing to make that much of a problem ? I don’t think it was just a issue of him getting back into things and stepping on toes ,had to be more than just that . . Was it that he was planning on going against Uncle Joe for that top seat? And would not fall in line ? I’m sure if he fell in line he would of been able to re- establish some of his things ( cause he was a money maker ) ,I remember reading a while back he was getting with the old remains of the K&A gang .
Fatso
Prospect

Post by Fatso »

Lol the K&A gang, that's complete bullshit. He was moving in on their video poker machines and wasn't going to play ball.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Long John was trying to move in on Ligambi’s Video Poker and Bookmaking. You gotta remember at this time period 2001-2002 Ligambi hadn’t solidified his position and Joey wasn’t coming home anytime soon. Joey’s guys were also all locked up for long bids. Long John thought he could pull it off. Ligambi gave him his answer.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:59 am Long John was trying to move in on Ligambi’s Video Poker and Bookmaking. You gotta remember at this time period 2001-2002 Ligambi hadn’t solidified his position and Joey wasn’t coming home anytime soon. Joey’s guys were also all locked up for long bids. Long John thought he could pull it off. Ligambi gave him his answer.
Long John should’ve seen it coming after what happened to ronnie turchi. Uncle joe clearly wasn’t afraid to have someone whacked, so long John wasn’t too bright stepping on toes.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:29 pm These mob talk sit downs have been really slacking lately. Wow Phil having (atleast )over 300 k out on the streets. Wonder if he was/is sharing that with the other guys....

So do we know what Long John really was doing to make that much of a problem ? I don’t think it was just a issue of him getting back into things and stepping on toes ,had to be more than just that . . Was it that he was planning on going against Uncle Joe for that top seat? And would not fall in line ? I’m sure if he fell in line he would of been able to re- establish some of his things ( cause he was a money maker ) ,I remember reading a while back he was getting with the old remains of the K&A gang .
I think stepping on toes definitely could be the reason for his murder. How many toes and who's toes lol. Going against Ligambi or not falling in line are definitely valid reasons too.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Long John had no respect for Uncle Joe. You've got to remember, when Martorano went to the can, Ligambi was a lowly bartender. He didn't want to take orders from him.

Scott
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I think the Long John hit showed everyone who’s boss.

The most puzzling thing to me regarding the Long John Hit is that the Philadelphia City Paper (I know) immediately after the hit went down said the Casasanto Brothers were the ones responsible. I just can’t see those two idiots being trusted with something like this.....
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

They were supposedly going around taking credit for it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Here’s the Article from Philadelphia City Paper I am referring to:

July 5-11, 2002

city beat

Hitting the Hit Men
Even alleged killers can be beaten up by a gang of thugs.

by Brendan McGarvey

Two reputed Mafia hit men got their asses kicked in a bar brawl on Delaware Avenue two weeks ago. The brawl started inside a Delaware Avenue club on a Thursday night when younger members and associates of the Philly Mafia started mouthing off to members of a gang from 10th and Oregon.

The men badly beaten in the brawl are both suspects in the murder of Raymond "Long John" Martorano. Martorano was gunned down in his car during rush hour Jan. 17 and died several weeks later. The two alleged hit men are brothers.

According to underworld sources, the brothers were in the club with several of their friends when they got into a verbal disagreement with members of an Italian-American drug gang known as the 10th and Oregon crew.

"The older brother was mouthing off and the 10th and O guys just started swinging," said one mob source. "The brothers and another friend got their asses kicked. Both brothers were knocked out, and one lost a piece of his ear in the brawl. The brothers were beaten so badly that they're still walking around with black eyes and swollen lips."

Underworld sources claim the young mobsters feel they have to retaliate to save face.

"Something bad is coming," another Cosa Nostra source told City Paper in an interview earlier this week. "Somebody is going to get killed over this."

The two brothers had been riding high since the murder of Martorano. "People have been treating them like mob royalty," said the source. "Everybody on the street knows they killed Long John."

The older brother has been openly dating the wife of a high-ranking gangster who is serving a sentence for racketeering. According to police and mob sources, the brother and the gangster's wife have been seen at several trendy restaurants in Old City over the last two months.

The 10th and Oregon crew responsible for the beatdown of the Mafia goodfellas are themselves new neighbors in South Philadelphia.

The former leaders of the 10th and O crew had numerous run-ins with the Mafia and with the Pagans motorcycle gang, but they've recently relocated to South Jersey, hanging out at a restaurant near the Deptford Mall.

The 10th and O crew is now under new leadership and appears to be as violent and as fearless as the previous generations of crew members, who sometimes worked hand in glove with the local Mafia and sometimes waged war against them.

In a related story, a former member of the Northeast Philly mob, also known as the K&A gang, claims that no one in the underworld wants to buy Martorano's Lincoln Towncar -- the car he was riding in when he was shot three times.

Last week the source told City Paper in an interview in Cos� in Old City that the Martorano-murder car is spooking potential buyers.

According to the source, the former head of the K&A gang was given an opportunity to buy Martorano's car. The former crime boss was once best friends with Godfather Angelo Bruno and had worked closely with Raymond Martorano.

"Look at that car," the retired K&A gangster told a friend. "Long John died in that thing. There's still cigarette butts in the ashtray. It's scary. I don't wanna buy it. It's too weird. It feels like Long John is still there."

Coincidentally, Martorano may have been killed in part because of his friendship with members of the old K&A gang.

Underworld rumors were rampant, according to both law enforcement and gangland sources, that Martorano was planning to take over the local Cosa Nostra with the help of North Jersey gangsters and with local muscle provided by the K&A gang.

"Martorano thought it was his turn to be boss," one mob insider told City Paper. "But the current boss disagreed. Martorano lost that argument."
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

"10th and O crew is now under new leadership" Who is this?

"the retired K&A gangster told a friend" Any info on who this might be?

Thanks in advance Philly experts.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I can’t imagine the cassasanto brothers being assigned the hit. Johnny gongs sided against joey during the war so why would uncle joe, a merlino loyalist, trust either cassasanto’s enough to whack a made guy. They were loud mouths so maybe they took credit for the clout.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

If I had to guess who Ligambi would use as the hitters it would be Nicodemo and Canalichio. They were the tough, young hitters of that time period who weren’t in prison.