Bobby Iannelli aka Bobby I Indicted with son Pittsburgh

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bobbybats
Straightened out

Re: Bobby Iannelli aka Bobby I Indicted with son Pittsburgh

Post by bobbybats »

The way they worded it its almost seems as if there is a current family in operation. Usually the media would use the work defuct, former etc. I thought there was zero life left in P town.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

bobbybats wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm The way they worded it its almost seems as if there is a current family in operation. Usually the media would use the work defuct, former etc. I thought there was zero life left in P town.
There was no substance to it. Bobby was always independent of LCN but laid off a lot of his action to LCN bookmakers, namely Wango Capizzi. In return, he would provide a lot of politicians as he was connected to some of the highest levels in Pennsylvania politics. LaRocca/Genovese never exacted a tribute from him and he was the largest bookmaker in all of western Pennsylvania and arguably the largest bookmaker in the state. Especially in the mid-1980s when he assumed control of Tony Grosso’s $30 million a year numbers operation when Grosso went to the can for a long vacation.

Since the LaRocca Family went Defunct around 2004-2006. Youngstown faction which was certainly one of the most active blew up in 1999 and the last major bust was Capo Sonny Ciancutti’s major gambling bust in 2001. There have been a number of different gambling busts with remnants of the old organization. Couple of guys solidified some territories and went into business together. Not having to kick upstairs. Mostly video poker and sports bookmaking. A lot the old guard’s kids and associates still operate some books, fuck around with machines and do a few loans...but nothing structured or organized. There is no more organization behind them.

Some of these newspaper writers don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm "Didn't want to give him the death penalty.
Felt I OWED it to him."
Huh?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:27 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm "Didn't want to give him the death penalty.
Felt I OWED it to him."
Huh?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucsioyeYkBk
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm Marchitello was indicted with 28 people in 1988, he pled guilty to cocaine distribution. This was probably what you were talking about in connection to the Porter case because Porter was one of the 28 indicted. He did not testify against Porter but he was connected to Joey Rosa, Droznek and Noble. It’s safe to say that he was one of the dealers in the network. He pled out and got 5 years
Yeah Well he gave up someone because the judge commuted his sentence , Rosa and Droznek both testified against Porter , I wonder if he ratted in the mcdonalds scam to

John Harkins long time bookie connected to ciancutti and Iannelis
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:27 pm
Felt I OWED it to him."
Huh?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucsioyeYkBk
:lol:

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 am
JCB1977 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm Marchitello was indicted with 28 people in 1988, he pled guilty to cocaine distribution. This was probably what you were talking about in connection to the Porter case because Porter was one of the 28 indicted. He did not testify against Porter but he was connected to Joey Rosa, Droznek and Noble. It’s safe to say that he was one of the dealers in the network. He pled out and got 5 years
Yeah Well he gave up someone because the judge commuted his sentence , Rosa and Droznek both testified against Porter , I wonder if he ratted in the mcdonalds scam to

John Harkins long time bookie connected to ciancutti and Iannelis
I don’t doubt that at all...but if he ratted on Porter, The feds would’ve called him to the stand because Chuck he was the ultimate prize for them. Every rat came out of the woodwork for that trial.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm
bobbybats wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm The way they worded it its almost seems as if there is a current family in operation. Usually the media would use the work defuct, former etc. I thought there was zero life left in P town.
There was no substance to it. Bobby was always independent of LCN but laid off a lot of his action to LCN bookmakers, namely Wango Capizzi. In return, he would provide a lot of politicians as he was connected to some of the highest levels in Pennsylvania politics. LaRocca/Genovese never exacted a tribute from him and he was the largest bookmaker in all of western Pennsylvania and arguably the largest bookmaker in the state. Especially in the mid-1980s when he assumed control of Tony Grosso’s $30 million a year numbers operation when Grosso went to the can for a long vacation.
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything in the articles or news video that even mentioned this bust in terms of a "family," defunct or otherwise.
There have been a number of different gambling busts with remnants of the old organization. Couple of guys solidified some territories and went into business together. Not having to kick upstairs. Mostly video poker and sports bookmaking. A lot the old guard’s kids and associates still operate some books, fuck around with machines and do a few loans...but nothing structured or organized. There is no more organization behind them.
Pittsburgh, Detroit, Kansas City, etc...
All roads lead to New York.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything in the articles or news video that even mentioned this bust in terms of a "family," defunct or otherwise.
There have been a number of different gambling busts with remnants of the old organization. Couple of guys solidified some territories and went into business together. Not having to kick upstairs. Mostly video poker and sports bookmaking. A lot the old guard’s kids and associates still operate some books, fuck around with machines and do a few loans...but nothing structured or organized. There is no more organization behind them.
Except Detroit still has a structure, so stop lumping them in with KC and Pitt smh

:roll:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
bobbybats
Straightened out

Post by bobbybats »

This is what I was referring to.

"Robert Iannelli, a reputed associate of the La Cosa Nostra organized crime family in Pittsburgh, has been charged and convicted of running a sports betting syndicate multiple times by state and federal agencies dating back to 1969. " Worded as if the family was still in operation. But I was asking only, don't know much about Pittsburgh and have no idea what if anything is going on. So please don't get your panties all bunched up, I am not claiming that there is a Pittsburgh family.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

bobbybats wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:30 pm
This is what I was referring to.

"Robert Iannelli, a reputed associate of the La Cosa Nostra organized crime family in Pittsburgh, has been charged and convicted of running a sports betting syndicate multiple times by state and federal agencies dating back to 1969. " Worded as if the family was still in operation. But I was asking only, don't know much about Pittsburgh and have no idea what if anything is going on. So please don't get your panties all bunched up, I am not claiming that there is a Pittsburgh family.
Don't worry, he has his blinders on again and likely didnt even read the article. Same MO.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm
Except Detroit still has a structure, so stop lumping them in with KC and Pitt smh

I agree. Buffalo (obviously debatable), Pitt, Cleve, Milwaukee, Scranton, KC are cities with many examples of remnants.

Philly, New England (what’s left) and the NY 5 are pretty much all that’s left

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Oh, I know. Boss, underboss, street boss, two or three counselor emeritus, five captains, crews in Windsor, Ontario and San Diego, etc.
tenor (1).gif
JCB1977 wrote:Philly, New England (what’s left) and the NY 5 are pretty much all that’s left
Also New Jersey and Chicago. 9 total.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Oh, I know. Boss, underboss, street boss, two or three counselor emeritus, five captains, crews in Windsor, Ontario and San Diego, etc.

tenor (1).gif
JCB1977 wrote:Philly, New England (what’s left) and the NY 5 are pretty much all that’s left
Barely but I agree.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm

tenor (1).gif
Regarding Detroit, I don’t believe that but I believe Detroit has a Boss/UB/CON and a few Capo’s. Probably some semi retired old timers that may Counsel if asked. A shell of its former self but still structure, albeit small and loose.

The question is, how active/entrenched are they. From a lack of case perspective, it’s viewed as not that active. The biggest threat in the greater Detroit area are the Middle Easterns it can be argued, especially being right across the bridge from Canada in which that area is loaded with Middle Easterns. I cannot answer the question accurately because there is not enough information to determine that either way.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP