Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:11 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:02 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:47 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:02 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:20 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:07 am
Cheech wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:00 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:07 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:54 pm What I want to know is what happened to NickyFromTampa/GohnJotti?? Guy took his ball and went home after getting annihilated.
It turns out I was wrong, happy to concede that. Never claimed to have inside knowledge on the subject. And the people on GangsterBB (with the exception of NickleCity) were all equally wrong with their assessments on how the family was structured.
what was John wrong about? he's a respected long time poster...
Everything. As he admitted
:lol:

Didn’t realise you were The Rooster from GBB. Glad to see you’re just as fired up two years later.
Have you talked to Loscalzo?
He told me he’s going to war with Buffalo any day now if Todaro doesn’t leave Florida. Watch this space. Heard they brought in 20 zips from the mainland.
I actually was around both of them this summer
A shame we didn’t cross paths :lol:
In due time my friend
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:57 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:49 pm
Am I wrong? Anyways, glad to see this discussion is just as controversial as when I left. Is there any new information on how they're structured, who their leadership consists of? Last I recall we had Todaro in charge, Violi underboss and Luppino as a captain in Canada - has there been anything whatsoever on how they're structured in Buffalo/New York State?
No new information about membership or structure. Court records indicate that on the 30th Judge Sinatra will schedule a trial date for Bongiovanni and Gerace. It appears the defense has lost its appeals to remove references to Italian Organized Crime from the indictment but may challenge if/when prosecutors bring it up at trial. It will be interesting to see if more information comes out about how a Bongioavani believed Gerace and others were connected and if we get any details about the structure.
Looks like some last minute filings are being made to dismiss info garnered from Gerace’s cell phone and to severe his case from Bongiovanni.

Prosecutors are calling this an untimely filing and a delay tactic.

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:31 pm
NickleCity wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:57 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:49 pm
Am I wrong? Anyways, glad to see this discussion is just as controversial as when I left. Is there any new information on how they're structured, who their leadership consists of? Last I recall we had Todaro in charge, Violi underboss and Luppino as a captain in Canada - has there been anything whatsoever on how they're structured in Buffalo/New York State?
No new information about membership or structure. Court records indicate that on the 30th Judge Sinatra will schedule a trial date for Bongiovanni and Gerace. It appears the defense has lost its appeals to remove references to Italian Organized Crime from the indictment but may challenge if/when prosecutors bring it up at trial. It will be interesting to see if more information comes out about how a Bongioavani believed Gerace and others were connected and if we get any details about the structure.
Looks like some last minute filings are being made to dismiss info garnered from Gerace’s cell phone and to severe his case from Bongiovanni.

Prosecutors are calling this an untimely filing and a delay tactic.

Its says the "defense has known about the border search"....meaning what exactly?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:55 am It seems that Pino Avignone’s conditional sentence — served in the community rather than in prison — came to or comes to an end this month. I’m not sure whether the conditions of the sentence were disclosed in May of last year — if these were harsh, he would have been under house arrest.

There were two investigations here: one for drug trafficking; one for fraudulent cheque cashing — Avignone was one of a number of individuals involved in this latter scheme.

Court stays drug trafficking charges against former Hamilton pharmacy co-owner over unreasonable delay https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... delay.html
Checked on the sentence Pino Avignone received in May of last year. From https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... ncing.html:

Superior Court Justice Toni Skarica handed the 60-year-old a 20-month conditional sentence, which includes 10 months house arrest and 10 months with a curfew, followed by two years probation.

The sentence had been recommended in a joint submission between the Crown and defence.

“Normally for a fraud of this type you’d be looking at a three-year penitentiary sentence,” Skarica said, but he noted that the Crown would have had a hard time proving its case.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Just caught up with this forum.
This was published today by Anna Sergi and it's open access - it is mostly about Hamilton, but has some references to all of Ontario (and of course the 'ndrangheta too). Not much that posters here don't already know, but I guess the overall structuring of the argument is interesting and the quotes too.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... ccess=true
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:57 pm
Its says the "defense has known about the border search"....meaning what exactly?
They detained Gerace upon entering country and got info from his phone.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

calabrianwatch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:57 am Just caught up with this forum.
This was published today by Anna Sergi and it's open access - it is mostly about Hamilton, but has some references to all of Ontario (and of course the 'ndrangheta too). Not much that posters here don't already know, but I guess the overall structuring of the argument is interesting and the quotes too.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... ccess=true
Thanks for the heads up my man...
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Lots of interesting things on Todaro in the article actually. Sergi contradicts herself a lot in it but overall good research, specifically that the Buffalo LCN leadership isnt active but that Todaro is calling shots as the leader. But it is clear as ive stated for a long time now the hybrid model is in place.
Last edited by Newyorkempire on Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:39 am
Assuming from Canada. If so surprised he was allowed to get in considering he has past felonies. Unless they missed the convictions or allowed it to watch why he went there.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:27 am Lots of interesting things on Todaro in the article actually. Sergi contradicts herself a lot in it but overall good research, specifically that the Buffalo LCN leadership isnt active but that Todaro is calling shots as the leader. But it is clear as ive stated for a long time now the hybrid model is in place.

From what I read she doesn't say that Buffalo leadership is not active...
She speaks about Todaro as alleged boss but also of the various links old and new to Buffalo and judging from the various other comments it seems that she means that they are not active CRIMINALLY, not as a structure?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

calabrianwatch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:27 am Lots of interesting things on Todaro in the article actually. Sergi contradicts herself a lot in it but overall good research, specifically that the Buffalo LCN leadership isnt active but that Todaro is calling shots as the leader. But it is clear as ive stated for a long time now the hybrid model is in place.

From what I read she doesn't say that Buffalo leadership is not active...
She speaks about Todaro as alleged boss but also of the various links old and new to Buffalo and judging from the various other comments it seems that she means that they are not active CRIMINALLY, not as a structure?
Yes she does....directly from the article -

"One last example: in Buffalo, today, the historical LCN family does not seem to be active"

If the family is not active then the leadership is not active. If the leadership is active then then the family is active.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

No I don't think that's what she means, I think she means active criminally, also because she speaks about social mafia clubs or something. But anyway, I think it's also due to 'evidence'
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

The full quote is "The historical LCN family does not seem to be active or even connected to the identified criminal activities of other “Italian offenders” in the city." - so to me that means active in connection to criminal activies, but elsewhere she speaks a lot about Todaro, who clearly is in the picture as the supposed leader.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:32 am
Assuming from Canada. If so surprised he was allowed to get in considering he has past felonies. Unless they missed the convictions or allowed it to watch why he went there.
Prosecution couldn't recall specifically what country at the time of transcript but indicated the area of the Caribbean.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:24 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:32 am
Prosecution couldn't recall specifically what country at the time of transcript but indicated the area of the Caribbean.
Ah ok