Sammy Gravano, notorious gangster turned FBI informant, reflects 30 years later

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Sammy Gravano, notorious gangster turned FBI informant, reflects 30 years later

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Sammy’s got a great story to tell.For us people here who are interested in the mob, we won’t ever see another guy like Sammy The Bull tell a story like this again on YouTube.
Former Underboss of the Gambino Family, that pretty much just sums it up
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Sammy Gravano, notorious gangster turned FBI informant, reflects 30 years later

Post by Rocco »

I watched it. Its was pretty bad acting on Karen and Gerards part. Like they have not discussed these things with their father till now. come on . lol And just allot of old Diane Sawyer parts. Nothing really new to learn there. Larry Mazza was a little upset on how it turned out. He thought it was gonna be more about him lol
cosanostra101
Straightened out

Post by cosanostra101 »

Don't know about you all but I had enough of Sammy the Bull, Michael Franzese, Jphnmy Alite and Joe Pistone. Every doc features them and their story keep changing and are so boring now. I hope they get some new people on the next doc.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

cosanostra101 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:28 pm Don't know about you all but I had enough of Sammy the Bull, Michael Franzese, Jphnmy Alite and Joe Pistone. Every doc features them and their story keep changing and are so boring now. I hope they get some new people on the next doc.
The only one with staying power will be Franzese. I dont really watch the other ones and the only Franzese stuff I like are his non-mob interviews like Ed O'Neil. Occasionally when I'm waiting somewhere I'll look them up. I dont even watch Pennisi anymore although there is good info that he puts out and I like how he explains the protocol.

Maybe I'm getting old but I find no appeal or interest in shit talking or staged-arguments between them. They are acting like 18-25 year olds having YouTube beefs. I refuse to pay the 40. Not because I'm cheap but because I dont like the way they went about it and dont wish to support that type of content.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

They should have just called the Franzese vs. Gravano stuff "Mob Wives".
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 pm
cosanostra101 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:28 pm Don't know about you all but I had enough of Sammy the Bull, Michael Franzese, Jphnmy Alite and Joe Pistone. Every doc features them and their story keep changing and are so boring now. I hope they get some new people on the next doc.
The only one with staying power will be Franzese. I dont really watch the other ones and the only Franzese stuff I like are his non-mob interviews like Ed O'Neil. Occasionally when I'm waiting somewhere I'll look them up. I dont even watch Pennisi anymore although there is good info that he puts out and I like how he explains the protocol.

Maybe I'm getting old but I find no appeal or interest in shit talking or staged-arguments between them. They are acting like 18-25 year olds having YouTube beefs. I refuse to pay the 40. Not because I'm cheap but because I dont like the way they went about it and dont wish to support that type of content.
You are totally right. These YouTube mob beefs are totally childish. That is why i like John Pennisi's channel. He seems a lot more believable and legit that most of the other mob channels.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

what we need is more Columbo 1990 style wars where they implode from within. Except for any innocent civilians getting killed - they did more damage to themselves than Guiliani and Rico could ever do.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Absolutely nothing new in this documentary. Don’t waste your time. Just another money grab for Sammy and his fat ass daughter. He just wants to promote his social media and get more subscribers. His book and the original Diane Sawyer are enough.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Chris Christie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Much to my dismay I agree with you on Franzese. He gets alot of views on videos that have been up for short periods of time. Most mob guys would have been done in by now just by the lack of stories but he manages to extrapolate his story and now he gives away freaking iPad I macs or whatever lol
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Yeah I found it pretty uninteresting. Like people have mentioned, no new information. But that's expected for a primetime ABC special on the mob/Gravano. My only real complaint was with the Garofalo's daughter's take on why her dad was killed. It seemed to paint him as a guy standing up to the mob and Gravano had him killed. That's bullshit. He was a mobbed up construction guy who got killed by the mob to make sure he didn't rat. Her whole family is mobbed up. Her interpretation of her dad as a normal guy who got killed by bad people because he wouldn't give in to them was wrong and ridiculous. Her dad, her brother, her sister in law, her uncle her cousins, so many mobsters who got busted in her family.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

correct Adam..well said..but he was killed by gravano greed
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

bronx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:05 pm correct Adam..well said..but he was killed by gravano greed
Hi Bronx. Thanks for the response. Maybe I'm wrong. I really did think that murder was a fear of him flipping. But I could be wrong.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Adam , mob needs to make a very good excuse to get permission to kill, usually he is a rat or knows to much and will rat, the other reason thats gray area is, he robbed the family, look at gravano history ,he killed and took control of their biz, eddie had a huge demo company, was first cousins with scammy's brother inlaw another hugesnake.
Don_Peppino
Straightened out

Post by Don_Peppino »

Sammy had a recent interview with Fat Andy Ruggiano's son. They brought up two instinces of made guys messing with other made guys wives. Particularly pertaining to Carmine Lombardozzi messing with Sammy Mintz's wife and daughter. He went to get permission to kill him (which seems to be the correct protocol). According to Gravano, Mintz was shelved for not "just doing it". Joe Bonanno had a similar story in his family. The question I have is, do anybody know of a situation where the husband (made guy) kills the offender (made guy) and gets away with it. And if not, how do you think politically it would be handled?
Personally, I think Sammy Mintz situation might be the extreme but he would've been WELL within his rights on mob rules and general man rules.
"I was a venture capitalist"