double deal podcast

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

double deal podcast

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Fellow New England guys,
What happened to Double Deal podcast? They seem to have just stopped uploading. I've emailed them and never heard anything. It was such a great show especially for NE topics.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
maatsetungi
Associate

Re: double deal podcast

Post by maatsetungi »

Lara Chicofsky's last Instagram upost is from 5th of December 2022 and their podcast's last Instagram post was from July 2022. I'm wondering if something has happened to her.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:23 am Fellow New England guys,
What happened to Double Deal podcast? They seem to have just stopped uploading. I've emailed them and never heard anything. It was such a great show especially for NE topics.
I think that Lara is busy with school and work as i inquired about it in Easter by sending her a facebook message.

It was a great show so far as it makes the case that Buddy McLean, Frankie Salemme and possibly Howie Winter were informants in the 1960’s. I hope that the show will come back one day.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

davidf1989 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:41 am
I think that Lara is busy with school and work as i inquired about it in Easter by sending her a facebook message.

It was a great show so far as it makes the case that Buddy McLean, Frankie Salemme and possibly Howie Winter were informants in the 1960’s. I hope that the show will come back one day.
David thanks for the update. It just seemed like they stopped out of the blue. Hope they can pick up where they left off, one of the best OC podcasts and the best NE OC podcast for sure.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 5:52 am

David thanks for the update. It just seemed like they stopped out of the blue. Hope they can pick up where they left off, one of the best OC podcasts and the best NE OC podcast for sure.

No worries Jake and could Buddy McLean have been the one to create the relationship between Winter Hill and the Feds? Maybe he recruited Howie Winter into the informant program?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

are there any good mob podcasts out there? Or books? Thanks!
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:24 am are there any good mob podcasts out there? Or books? Thanks!
Cornerboy are you looking for New England stuff or in general?
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

davidf1989 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:36 pm

No worries Jake and could Buddy McLean have been the one to create the relationship between Winter Hill and the Feds? Maybe he recruited Howie Winter into the informant program?
It's possible. I know Condon and Rico hated the McGloughlins so it would make sense that they went to their rivals after the war started. Not sure if the feds were talking to Buddy before the war or not. The Irish gang war of the 60s was kind of like the 3rd Colombo war where the feds were helping one side and that side won the war.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:01 am

It's possible. I know Condon and Rico hated the McGloughlins so it would make sense that they went to their rivals after the war started. Not sure if the feds were talking to Buddy before the war or not. The Irish gang war of the 60s was kind of like the 3rd Colombo war where the feds were helping one side and that side won the war.
Thanks for your response and would the race fixing still have happened if Buddy was still alive?
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

any kind. thx
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

davidf1989 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:08 am

Thanks for your response and would the race fixing still have happened if Buddy was still alive?
100% Those guys loved to gamble. Im sure all of that would have turned out pretty much the same. Although I would love a timeline without Tony Ciulla. Interesting to imagine if he was never around and Buddy never got killed, how it would have changed OC history in Boston.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:01 am
davidf1989 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:08 am

100% Those guys loved to gamble. Im sure all of that would have turned out pretty much the same. Although I would love a timeline without Tony Ciulla. Interesting to imagine if he was never around and Buddy never got killed, how it would have changed OC history in Boston.
Thanks for your response and if Buddy had lived, would he have been listed as an unindicted co-conspirator in the race fixing along with Steve Flemmi, and maybe Bulger? while maybe Howie would still have gone to prison and both Joe McDonald and Martorano going on the lam.

What do you make of these articles about the race fixing involving Fat Tony Ciulla? https://themobmuseum.org/blog/recently- ... ng-scheme/ and https://www.newspapers.com/article/hart ... 124350366/