The Roger Touhy frame-up

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

The Roger Touhy frame-up

Post by Dwalin2014 »

There is this story of Roger Touhy and four "soldiers" of his being framed for kidnapping, and not just for one they didn't commit, but one that actually never happened: Jake Factor faked his own kidnapping and then "identified" the Touhy gangsters as ones who "kidnapped" him. I read the Chicago Outfit, corrupt police and even some of Touhy's own men were involved in this. What I don't understand is why stage such a conspiracy, pay people to go along with this etc when Touhy could simply be whacked? Bodies piled up in prohibition Chicago, nobody bothered to investigate, the conviction rate back then was minimal in Chicago. So why did they bother with all this (there were even staged-up phone conversations between members of Touhy gang that seemed to support the theory of Touhy's guilt, but in reality they worked for Factor and the Outfit and knew they were taped) when they could have whacked him just like they did at the end, in the 50s, when Touhy was going to sue them for wrongful imprisonment?
There is a book about the story
http://www.amazon.com/Capones-Murdered- ... uhy+factor
but it's not available on kindle, I will have to wait until a physical copy arrives, and meanwhile it would be interesting to hear your opinions.