Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by Tonyd621 »

I saw he is previewing every game... If he is making picks on every game; no way he ends up with a positive P/L.
trafficante
Straightened out

Post by trafficante »

I genuinely thought the podcast shit I was seeing was fake. I thought it was one of those deepfakes :lol:
"Don't go telling me about two factions. Don't try that Nick Licata shit on me."
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

I thought it was a joke at first. But here we have a sitting boss of a Cosa Nostra family on a podcast. I bet the Feds are having a good laugh.
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

I mean, what’s worse? Joey having a podcast or a rat like Arilotta doing a podcast at a social club where he had his boss whacked?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Don't forget active guys still hang out where Arillotta was filming his videos
AAA-DK
Straightened out

Post by AAA-DK »

According to Joe "snuffy" Perri the co-host how the podcast happend with kevin connolly at 6:01 min

He clearly states that Merlino has changed his life and living crime free ;)

Video Link on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9HRwvT ... MicPodcast
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

AAA-DK wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:23 pm According to Joe "snuffy" Perri the co-host how the podcast happend with kevin connolly at 6:01 min

He clearly states that Merlino has changed his life and living crime free ;)

Video Link on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9HRwvT ... MicPodcast
Merlino has been saying this since before the “East coast whatever the fuck they called it” case. He will never be crime free. He will just continue to distance himself and be a smarter criminal. Anyone who believes that Joey is a crime free civilian is naive.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

This does seem odd at first but in the context of 2023, compared to the context of 50 years ago, this isn't anywhere near as nuts as the Italian-American Civil Rights League thing.

And Capone for sure would have been on podcasts moaning about misunderstood and unfairly maligned he was if podcasts had been around in the 1920s (he did this many times with newspaper reporters).
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Good for him. Entertainment can't beat it. But he might end up saying something they'll use in court some day against him Luke the rappers do interviews....
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

moneyman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:17 am He is trying to make money with this, which makes me think he is short on cash...

I'd bet the farm he is still boss, the money he is getting kicked up to him just isn't what it once was.

Did that guy Stanley Stein pass away?
( Whoever paying for this isn’t going to make Big money with this . Just like someone said he will probably get board/ tired from it after a bit. Unfortunately Those 2 seem to not get any picks right so far.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Joe "snuffy" Perri Can’t pick winner at all
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

This would be a perfect way to launder money. Instead of sending guys down to Florida with an envelope every month you can have people “subscribe” for your sports picks. After paying taxes you have “clean” income to furnish your lifestyle.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

No one is going to take him seriously anymore. Everyone who does a podcast was an informant. He is the only "active" guy to be doing this...unless I'm missing someone.
russ123_
Associate

Post by russ123_ »

Very disappointed in this show. But I guess I was an idiot to expect mob stories.... but at least pick me a winner
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:09 am No one is going to take him seriously anymore. Everyone who does a podcast was an informant. He is the only "active" guy to be doing this...unless I'm missing someone.
I honestly believe this is the new thing now.Alot of active guys will start doing this in the future i think by 2025 we will have NY guys doing this..Greg Scarpa did interviews and this was in the early 90s if it was today i defiantly see Greg Scarpa doing podcasts and appearing on Vlad.It technically has started with NY guys Benny Gerantano has done a few interviews from prison and hes a non rat.