Billy D'Elia mob museum tmrw 8/09 on his book

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Billy D'Elia mob museum tmrw 8/09 on his book

Post by Tonyd621 »

https://www.youtube.com/live/dWDLJSNkYdE?feature=share

I figured due to the lack of news and it being a Wednesday some might interesting in this... it says 10 pm...I'm assuming since I'm on the east coast that means 7 pm west coast time. I know they usually do a Q&A at the end and take questions from the livestream. I just hope the schmuck doesn't wear sunglasses like he has before...it's just stupid imo
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Billy D'Elia mob museum tmrw 8/09 on his book

Post by sdeitche »

D'elia is not participating, just Matt. I confirmed this with the Museum. Should still be a good presentation.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

I received an email from Birkbeck regarding a signing event at a Barnes and Noble with D’Elia. I live in the area and will be attending it. I included some info regarding it below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

"America's Most Powerful Mafia Family"

Ha.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

sdeitche wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:01 am D'elia is not participating, just Matt. I confirmed this with the Museum. Should still be a good presentation.
Thank for clearing that up.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Matt recently did a podcast with Frank morano on the book the racket report, decent listen see below

https://wabcradio.com/podcast/theracketreport/

on a related note, given his recent release morano should bring back tommy shots on his podcast. gioeli was doing radio interviews during his trial.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I listened to the first 30 something minutes of it from the mob museum. Birbeck just name drops. That's all It is. He also said Bufalino was placed higher the Commission. Which I took it as to meant they contacted Bufalino to help mediate disputes. I can't believe he was higher then all 5 families in New York. Around the 24-25 min mark I believe there is a photo of Delia which looks likes it was colorized/photos hopped. It was kind of cringe to be honest. But, he said Delia got the idea to write the book after watching the irishmen. Then again he gives some credibility to Sheeran by saying he spent alot of time with him in the 90s.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:59 am I received an email from Birkbeck regarding a signing event at a Barnes and Noble with D’Elia. I live in the area and will be attending it. I included some info regarding it below.
How was this?
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:32 pm
Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:59 am I received an email from Birkbeck regarding a signing event at a Barnes and Noble with D’Elia. I live in the area and will be attending it. I included some info regarding it below.
How was this?
Isn’t until next Friday.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

How was this?
It was pretty packed. I tried to ask him some questions mob-related, but the author was sort of a dick and basically said to read the book. Didn’t have a chance to ask a follow up question.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:41 pm
How was this?
It was pretty packed. I tried to ask him some questions mob-related, but the author was sort of a dick and basically said to read the book. Didn’t have a chance to ask a follow up question.
Yeah Im not surprised. The author seems more than a little full of himself. Still a cool experience I'd bet.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.