Canada is like Europe

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Canada is like Europe

Post by CabriniGreen »

Some things in the 2021 DIA report, as well as this recent article have convinced me Canadian OC is similar to Europe

https://news.italy24.press/local/93517.html
Jbravo
Straightened out

Re: Canada is like Europe

Post by Jbravo »

Canada is similar to Europe in many many ways
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

How so?
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

‘Europe’ does not exist, not as a country anyway. It’s 51 different countries, and there are huge differences between them. Especially when it comes to laws, prisons and OC, which I assume you are getting at.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
luciang
Associate

Post by luciang »

I'm pretty sure you mean it's like Italy, the gangs in every country are completely diferent to each other, in style of operation, organisation and ways of making profits. Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the gouvernmant
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Chopper wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:36 am ‘Europe’ does not exist, not as a country anyway. It’s 51 different countries, and there are huge differences between them. Especially when it comes to laws, prisons and OC, which I assume you are getting at.
This is exactly why I bailed on this.... I don't feel like defending nonsense.... like Europe doesn't exist..

This the type of shit you end up debating... I'm good..lol never mind on this one...
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:38 pm This the type of shit you end up debating... I'm good..lol never mind on this one...
Then just answer my how so. I'm not sure I see the comparison you see based off that article you shared.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

How about this little bit... does it sound familiar at all?

Cosa Nostra and the division of the areas in the Messina capital
In the capital, a “cell” of the Cosa Nostra in Catania was reported to be operating, attributable to the Romeo-Santapaola family, capable of coexisting with other clans mainly oriented in drug trafficking and in the management of clandestine bets;
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Like.bro...... I don't even think they clicked the link....
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

luciang wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 am Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the gouvernmant
Eastern Europe is totally different when it comes to organized crime,they are basically extended arm of government used for whatever they are needed,here in Serbia most powerful organized crime members are very close to president , there are pictures of them and president's son together in night clubs etc.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

luciang wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 am I'm pretty sure you mean it's like Italy, the gangs in every country are completely diferent to each other, in style of operation, organisation and ways of making profits. Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the government
Nah. I meant Europe. I started off with a report, a Global Assessment of OC, and in this report, it stated the biggest type of fraud perpetrated during the pandemic time period was Sicilian mafia diverting EUROPEAN UNION funds, not Italian funds, but European Union agricultural subsidies. Does this not take place in Europe? Fuck it ... let's just say Italy...lol

Yall can be so weird. It's like if I said Cosa Nostra is the most potent OC force in North America, and the response is, "North America doesn't exist as a country,
America is 50 independent states and Canada is its own nation..." like... What? Jesus Christ..lol What's next... a spelling bee?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

luciang wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 am I'm pretty sure you mean it's like Italy, the gangs in every country are completely diferent to each other, in style of operation, organisation and ways of making profits. Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the gouvernmant
Does Romania factor into the greater OC landscape? Serious question here....
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:43 am
luciang wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:31 am I'm pretty sure you mean it's like Italy, the gangs in every country are completely diferent to each other, in style of operation, organisation and ways of making profits. Even a small country like Romania (where I originally come from) has it's own separate type, very closely connected to people high up in the government
Nah. I meant Europe. I started off with a report, a Global Assessment of OC, and in this report, it stated the biggest type of fraud perpetrated during the pandemic time period was Sicilian mafia diverting EUROPEAN UNION funds, not Italian funds, but European Union agricultural subsidies. Does this not take place in Europe? Fuck it ... let's just say Italy...lol

Yall can be so weird. It's like if I said Cosa Nostra is the most potent OC force in North America, and the response is, "North America doesn't exist as a country,
America is 50 independent states and Canada is its own nation..." like... What? Jesus Christ..lol What's next... a spelling bee?
Jezus Christ what are you, retarded? You don’t understand there’s a difference between countries? You think OC in fucking Denmark is the same as in Italy? Law enforcement? It’s not, and Europe is not a country.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Chopper wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:46 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:43 am

Jezus Christ what are you, retarded? You don’t understand there’s a difference between countries? You think OC in fucking Denmark is the same as in Italy? Law enforcement? It’s not, and Europe is not a country.
Bro.. are you too stupid to understand the real players in European OC arnt confined to one country? This is why it's a European Union problem, because it takes LE cooperation across countries to actually combat them.

I still don't believe you even read the article...
Beyond the Cell of the Santapaolo family, you got like 6 or so independent OC crime groups in Messina. And similar to Canada, most of these are linked together via drug trafficking.

I mean..... you over here talking about OC in Denmark.... struggling to make what stupid point exactly?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:40 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:38 pm This the type of shit you end up debating... I'm good..lol never mind on this one...
Then just answer my how so. I'm not sure I see the comparison you see based off that article you shared.
Don't know if you caught my reply..... does this sound similar to Montreal in your opinion?

Cosa Nostra and the division of the areas in the Messina capital
In the capital, a “cell” of the Cosa Nostra in Catania was reported to be operating, attributable to the Romeo-Santapaola family, capable of coexisting with other clans mainly oriented in drug trafficking and in the management of clandestine bets;
[/quote]