Redditor claims he talked to a Gambino member on John Pennisi

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Redditor claims he talked to a Gambino member on John Pennisi

Post by aray22 »

This was a recent post on Reddit. Take it for what it's worth.
More details on why John Pennisi turned against the Lucchese’s crime family from Gambino mobster.

Take this with a gran of salt. There’s no way to verify what he says is true, only that he was mentioned in one of Pennisi videos and that he is not happy that Pennisi is using his name to gain YouTube fame. I met a made member of the Gambino crime family through my cousin who is a connected guy. He knew John Pennisi when he was active in the life. He says that John isn’t a saint as he says he was in the life and that he isn’t telling the whole truth to his viewers.

He says that John was playing both sides because of how badly he was being treated by the Lucchese’s crime family. He couldn’t transfer to another crew or another family. He says the Gambino’s who he grew up with acted like they gave a shit about his problems but they were really just using him to gain information. That’s why they used John as their connection to the Lucchese’s crime family.

Then he says that John one day came to them with a idea to get his capo big John shelved because he couldn’t take anymore shit from him. He said in his own words that he would cut the fat guy into hundreds of pieces if he wouldn’t shut his big fat mouth up. The plan was for the Gambino’s to make a beef about some real estate spam the Lucchese’s and Gambino had going together. John would deliberately lose the argument in the sit down while giving information to the Gambino’s. In the end the Gambino’s would keep all the profits while Big John would be blamed and shelved for losing so much money.

Things didn’t work out as John planned. Another Lucchese’s soldier at the sit down with John wouldn’t back off and actually figured out that someone was giving the Gambino’s information that only some members of the Lucchese’s family knew. The sit down ended unsolved and John was under suspicion because of how poorly he did during the sit down. John was always picked for a sit down because of what a good negotiator he was.

That’s when things got even worse for John in the Lucchese’s crime family when rumors got out that he was working with the Gambino’s. Then the indictments hit the Lucchese’s crime family and everyone was calling John a rat because of how unpopular he had become. The rest of the story you know what happens next. John was supposed to be just shelved by the Lucchese’s crime family but when everyone thought he was a rat as well. That’s when the Lucchese’s crime family took drastic measures to have him whacked.
newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Redditor claims he talked to a Gambino member on John Pennisi

Post by newera_212 »

Interesting. No way to ever verify that and I'd love to see Pennisi's response if ever presented with the question; I doubt he'd even address it. Pennisi mentioned a few sitdowns in Queens with the Gambinos over joint money making ventures that weren't going well, but IIRC it was trivial things like pizza parlors and stuff like that. What's interesting is that he's never brought up any sitdowns where his Capo had to be there (would that even happen? Idk how that works, I'd assume the captains would just meet themselves if their respective Soldiers couldn't fix it), but he has said a few times that Johnny Sideburns was known to let inside info loose during sitdowns and general convo, putting their position at a disadvantage all the time. It's not that I'm in a position to not believe Pennisi but I always suspected the Sideburns stuff was overblown and the guy can't be as big of a buffoon he's made out to be - he's been around scheming and sitting down forever. He's gotta have some degree of wit...a bigger one than we've been told probably

Assuming this is true just for fun, anyone want to guess the "Gambino Member?" - I'm going to guess it's Michael Scarola, just out of age and deduction on all the other Gambinos John has mentioned
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 pm Assuming this is true just for fun, anyone want to guess the "Gambino Member?" - I'm going to guess it's Michael Scarola, just out of age and deduction on all the other Gambinos John has mentioned
That's a pretty good guess. Since it said the person was talked about in one video, it wouldn't be Blaise Corozzo, Ernie Grillo, or Tall Pete.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

When the transition happened in 2017, DeSantis and Dellorusso did not already like Big John and Mikey DeSantis told Pennisi that Big John wouldn’t see the Captain position again once he finished his time that he was going to serve in prison stemming from the 2017 indictment which took down the Bronx administration.
It would be more useful if the person who told this story also gave a date on when all of this allegedly happened.
Pennisi himself has admitted that he tried to make a move to Joe Cafe’s crew but it didn’t work out
thesicilian2309
Associate

Post by thesicilian2309 »

aray22 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:17 pm Assuming this is true just for fun, anyone want to guess the "Gambino Member?" - I'm going to guess it's Michael Scarola, just out of age and deduction on all the other Gambinos John has mentioned
That's a pretty good guess. Since it said the person was talked about in one video, it wouldn't be Blaise Corozzo, Ernie Grillo, or Tall Pete.
In his Videos he mentioned often Ernie and Tall Pete so I guess it's one of them...
"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid."
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

thesicilian2309 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 am
aray22 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 pm
In his Videos he mentioned often Ernie and Tall Pete so I guess it's one of them...
The person said he was mentioned in "one" of the videos.....Ernie and Tall Pete have been mentioned multiple times so it wouldn't be them.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It's got to be Ernie Grillo. He makes him look goofy in some of them. Some guys don't want to be portrayed that way
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

aray22 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:00 pm This was a recent post on Reddit. Take it for what it's worth.
More details on why John Pennisi turned against the Lucchese’s crime family from Gambino mobster.

Take this with a gran of salt. There’s no way to verify what he says is true, only that he was mentioned in one of Pennisi videos and that he is not happy that Pennisi is using his name to gain YouTube fame. I met a made member of the Gambino crime family through my cousin who is a connected guy. He knew John Pennisi when he was active in the life. He says that John isn’t a saint as he says he was in the life and that he isn’t telling the whole truth to his viewers.

He says that John was playing both sides because of how badly he was being treated by the Lucchese’s crime family. He couldn’t transfer to another crew or another family. He says the Gambino’s who he grew up with acted like they gave a shit about his problems but they were really just using him to gain information. That’s why they used John as their connection to the Lucchese’s crime family.

Then he says that John one day came to them with a idea to get his capo big John shelved because he couldn’t take anymore shit from him. He said in his own words that he would cut the fat guy into hundreds of pieces if he wouldn’t shut his big fat mouth up. The plan was for the Gambino’s to make a beef about some real estate spam the Lucchese’s and Gambino had going together. John would deliberately lose the argument in the sit down while giving information to the Gambino’s. In the end the Gambino’s would keep all the profits while Big John would be blamed and shelved for losing so much money.

Things didn’t work out as John planned. Another Lucchese’s soldier at the sit down with John wouldn’t back off and actually figured out that someone was giving the Gambino’s information that only some members of the Lucchese’s family knew. The sit down ended unsolved and John was under suspicion because of how poorly he did during the sit down. John was always picked for a sit down because of what a good negotiator he was.

That’s when things got even worse for John in the Lucchese’s crime family when rumors got out that he was working with the Gambino’s. Then the indictments hit the Lucchese’s crime family and everyone was calling John a rat because of how unpopular he had become. The rest of the story you know what happens next. John was supposed to be just shelved by the Lucchese’s crime family but when everyone thought he was a rat as well. That’s when the Lucchese’s crime family took drastic measures to have him whacked.
It's Jeff Nadeu
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

It's Jeff Nadeu
[/quote]

Nah nadu only gets his info from wikepedia
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Ernie Grillo and Tall Pete dont seem like guys who would talk business with a civilian who posts on reddit.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

funkster wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:48 pm Ernie Grillo and Tall Pete dont seem like guys who would talk business with a civilian who posts on reddit.
Them two probably don't like this forum as well
thesicilian2309
Associate

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:59 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:48 pm Ernie Grillo and Tall Pete dont seem like guys who would talk business with a civilian who posts on reddit.
Them two probably don't like this forum as well
But these are the 2 guys who he mentioned often so I al wondering. I don't believe He would go with something so heavy to Sal Romano or Blaise...
thesicilian2309
Associate

Sorry I meant Sal Lombardo the Restaurant owner and not Sal Romano!
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

I believe it....I mean he knocked that girl D.M.'s teeth out.....real lowlife
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Jbravo wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:49 am I believe it....I mean he knocked that girl D.M.'s teeth out.....real lowlife
Any links to her socials ?!?! ;)