New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by johnny_scootch »

JoePuzzles234 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:06 am New post about Milwaukee member Carl DiMaggio:
https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/01/ca ... aukee.html
Seems like his 2 sons who were also made were only half Italian.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Interesting that his mother was a Buccellato from Partinico, a town with links to the early Bonannos and Detroit.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:47 am
JoePuzzles234 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:06 am New post about Milwaukee member Carl DiMaggio:
https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/01/ca ... aukee.html
Seems like his 2 sons who were also made were only half Italian.
Correct. The mother of Carlo DiMaggio’s kids, Sarah Krettow, was of German-Irish ancestry. These things happened even in a very “traditional” Family, the membership of which at the time was composed entirely of Sicilians (and just to clarify, the other Girolamo “Jerome” DiMaggio who was a member of the Milwaukee outfit, Carlo’s nephew, was full Sicilian).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

My favorite "beefs" are the ones involving wedding invitations, i.e. this and the Philly one. Not getting invited to a wedding is a serious affront in their world.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:34 pm My favorite "beefs" are the ones involving wedding invitations, i.e. this and the Philly one. Not getting invited to a wedding is a serious affront in their world.
Yeah Italians especially take exception to things like this and with Cosa Nostra it’s next level because it disrespecting people who can’t afford to be disrespected. I’ve even had relatives beef over where they had to sit at a wedding. Gotta get that seating chart right or you could trigger a feud that lasts years smh
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Ha that's true. Lcn bios is the best. Guy puts out Like 2 bios a year but there great. Must reads
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Anyone ever met JD or knows who he is?
I'm not after a name but would love to know a vague bio.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:05 am Anyone ever met JD or knows who he is?
I'm not after a name but would love to know a vague bio.
Ever heard of Keyser Soze’?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheech wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:29 pm Ever heard of Keyser Soze’?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HI5CQ4Oc ... VzcGVjdHMg
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:08 pm
B. wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:34 pm My favorite "beefs" are the ones involving wedding invitations, i.e. this and the Philly one. Not getting invited to a wedding is a serious affront in their world.
Yeah Italians especially take exception to things like this and with Cosa Nostra it’s next level because it disrespecting people who can’t afford to be disrespected. I’ve even had relatives beef over where they had to sit at a wedding. Gotta get that seating chart right or you could trigger a feud that lasts years smh
Seeing petty slights and perceived signs of disrespect turn into huge drama and longstanding feuds is hilarious to me. My longtime ex is Dominican and I'd need more fingers and toes to count the number of times I've seen some extremely petty thing balloon into blood relatives or people who knew each other 30+ years, just completely cut the other person off. Or, the amount of times I saw people who knew each other forever fuck one another over out of the blue, when it really wasn't even necessary. Not because someone's back was against the wall, but because someone thought the other person had it coming. Sometimes it'd really piss me off but looking back, a lot of it is kinda funny.

I'd like to say it's a female thing but from what I witnessed, the men were not exempt from behaving like that either. They may have been even worse just because they were men doing that shit.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm
Seeing petty slights and perceived signs of disrespect turn into huge drama and longstanding feuds is hilarious to me. My longtime ex is Dominican and I'd need more fingers and toes to count the number of times I've seen some extremely petty thing balloon into blood relatives or people who knew each other 30+ years, just completely cut the other person off. Or, the amount of times I saw people who knew each other forever fuck one another over out of the blue, when it really wasn't even necessary. Not because someone's back was against the wall, but because someone thought the other person had it coming. Sometimes it'd really piss me off but looking back, a lot of it is kinda funny.
Thankfully with my family there hasn’t been any instances of cutting one another off for good but if you sit the wrong person to close to say the kitchen door at a wedding you can expect to be seated right next to the DJs speakers or the bathroom at that persons next event whether it be the next month or next decade. Sicilians never forget and they’ll lay in the weeds and bide their time until the perfect opportunity for revenge appears.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Is it true that the Sicilian mafia when killing someone would also hit the son as well so he couldn't take revenge or is that a myth.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:43 am Is it true that the Sicilian mafia when killing someone would also hit the son as well so he couldn't take revenge or is that a myth.
The Corleonesi did that with Buscetta's family, also with Totuccio Inzerillo's son but for this it's also because he menaced them of taking revenge. But these are exceptional cases.

Not with the sons but another example are the Violi brothers eliminated by the Rizzutos.

So it's not systematic but it happened
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

When Antonio Andolini was killed his oldest son Paolo vowed revenge and was killed. Don Ciccio even tried to kill his other son Vito but was unsuccessful.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:13 pm When Antonio Andolini was killed his oldest son Paolo vowed revenge and was killed. Don Ciccio even tried to kill his other son Vito but was unsuccessful.
Look how they massacred my boy.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”