Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I have previously made individual posts for DeSantis and Dellorusso for which I will link (I first posted this on Reddit first so the links won’t be available on here) But I just wanted to point out that in 2017, they were willing to start an actual Mafia war for control of the family.The last time there was a war in New York was when the Colombo’s fought from 1991 until 1993 which left 12 people dead.Patty Dellorusso revealed to John Pennisi that he had a discussion with Michael DeSantis about the takeover and what would happen if any members of the Bronx Faction balked at the orders that said Matthew Madonna was going to be replaced by Michael DeSantis.Patty said they would deal with them in the Bronx and know that they can count on John Pennisi if anything happens.Mikey and Patty along with the other Amuso loyalists were willing to murder some high profile guys (high profile within the FBI) so they could run the day to day business of the Lucchese Family which is bizarre considering the fact that a mob war in this day age is almost unbelievable…

When Mikey sent a letter to Vic Amuso and then received one back from Amuso approving DeSantis becoming the Acting Boss, a meeting was set up with Steven “Stevie” Crea who at the time was the Underboss of the Lucchese Family, he had been the Underboss since 1993.At the meeting which consisted of DeSantis, Dellorusso and other serious guys such as George Zappola and Frank “Frankie Bones” Papagni.They all met with Crea and DeSantis showed him the letter and Crea responded positively saying that Matty Madonna would step down but if he hadn’t…According to John Pennisi, Crea would have been killed and so would have his son Stevie Crea Junior who was a Capo.If this did actually happen just imagine the amount of heat that would have come from this…

Also the downfall of Madonna and Crea was the 2013 murder of Michael Meldish who was an associate but when rumours came out about John Pennisi cooperating, they were quite quick to want to murder him.Killing an actual made man would have brought so much heat nowadays but again because they believed he was cooperating it would have left them with no choice but later on Pennisi says that when the discovery came out, John Pennisi’s name wasn’t on there and that’s when DeSantis called him back and realised they made a mistake.Before the discovery came out, the bloods a street gang was sent out for him allegedly also Pennisi says he saw 2 guys laying on him to get his routine but to top it of, Pennisi says that Dellorusso said that he told his crew to use shotguns on him…Pennisi eventually went to the FBI in October of 2018 after realising his former friends wouldn’t leave him alone but honestly, Pennisi is lucky that George “Georgie Neck” Zappola wasn’t the one who was supposed to whack him otherwise he may not be here today.

One thing that always sticks out to me is the fact that after DeSantis served 18 years for 2 murders, he would be willing to start a war in the family which he would have won but at what cost though...He would be left with a family that would be feeling the effects of a war which cost them top members of the Bronx Faction such as Steven Crea and on top of that, the FBI would have arrested many of them including DeSantis himself very quickly.There is no way this would have been tolerated in the current day.A war is only detrimental but again one of the life’s most crucial rules is that the boss i the boss and what he says goes so if the Bronx Faction refused to listen to Vic Amuso then what’s that life really about at the point? Once guys stop listening to the boss then you start to lose the structure but that also could have played a part in what DeSantis wanted to do.

DeSantis has been the Acting Boss for 4 years now and I’m extremely interested to know what he’s been up to in that time and if they really have brought the power of the family back to Brooklyn by reinstating the original Brooklyn crew they used to have dating back to the days when former Lucchese Family Consigliere, Christopher “Christie Tick” Furnari was running the crew which was later taken over by Vittorio “Vic“ Amuso in 1981 who is the official boss of the Lucchese Family, without Amuso, DeSantis would have never made it to the top.
I first posted this on Reddit under the name “Little_Al1991”
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Post by TommyNoto »

Per JP he wanted to steer the ship to more of a business focus which could possibly mean making guys with legit assets

There have been rumors of the Westside making big $ men as well so he could he copying their strategy ?

It will be very interesting to see how/what the mob bosses and crews did during Covid.
Last edited by TommyNoto on Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Post by Little_Al1991 »

TommyNoto wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:36 am Per JP he wanted to steer the ship to more of a business focus which could possibly mean making guys with legit assets

There have been rumors of the Westside making big $ men as well so he could he copying their strategy ?

It will be very interesting to see how/what the mob bosses and crews did during Covid.
During COVID the mob was crippled because nobody was out on the street earning and sport events were all put on hold so no bookmaking but in 2018 it was legalised so I wonder how that will effect them.
The Lucchese’s have more than enough guys who have put the work in so Mikey’s strategy is a good one
I wonder how it’s worked out so far
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

“He showed up to meet me in some park on a fucking bicycle like one of those yuppies.”

”Did you know he sent a letter of resignation because he couldn’t deal with Carmine. A fucking embarrassment, this is not a Fortune 500 company that you can resign from.”
All roads lead to New York.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:48 am
TommyNoto wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:36 am Per JP he wanted to steer the ship to more of a business focus which could possibly mean making guys with legit assets

During COVID the mob was crippled because nobody was out on the street earning and sport events were all put on hold so no bookmaking but in 2018 it was legalised so I wonder how that will effect them.
The Lucchese’s have more than enough guys who have put the work in so Mikey’s strategy is a good one
Gambling exploded once sports came back and hasn’t slowed down.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:25 am “He showed up to meet me in some park on a fucking bicycle like one of those yuppies.”

”Did you know he sent a letter of resignation because he couldn’t deal with Carmine. A fucking embarrassment, this is not a Fortune 500 company that you can resign from.”
DeSantis is very interesting to me, always wanted to hear more about the letter of resignation he sent.
The nefarious ways of Johnny Sideburns is one of Pennisi’s best articles on his website Sit Down News
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

TommyNoto wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:50 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:48 am

But with it being legalised now I wonder how that has effected the Five Families.

Gambling exploded once sports came back and hasn’t slowed down.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:59 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:25 am “He showed up to meet me in some park on a fucking bicycle like one of those yuppies.”

DeSantis is very interesting to me, always wanted to hear more about the letter of resignation he sent.
The nefarious ways of Johnny Sideburns is one of Pennisi’s best articles on his website Sit Down News
DeSantis has Vic write a letter to make DeSantis a boss leap froging Crea , and then shows everyone the letter , Then to top that one off DeSantis writes another letter to resign as a member of the Lucchese crime family because he cant get along with Avellino
Mikey wrote a detailed letter enumerating his problematic relationship with Carmine, ultimately asking permission to resign
Also he messed up the hit on DArco which caused him to flip with crazy amount of info to testify ,This is the guy who is gonna lead the war and the Family were gonna follow this suicide mission , I wanna hear more about what he is up to too .The Lucchese family make it as interesting as Philly
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

joeycigars wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:36 pmThen to top that one off DeSantis writes another letter to resign as a member of the Lucchese crime family because he cant get along with Avellino
If I remember correctly, he resigned as a member of Avellino's crew (i.e. he wanted to transfer to another one). Not the family as a whole.
All roads lead to New York.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

so all the guys go to the meeting with crea to show him the letter from vic that mike is the acting boss no longer matt madonna. why do people keep saying it like crea was demoted. he probaly didnt give a fuck if matty madonna could no longer be acting boss he was in jail for 5yrs. was crea ever demoted? i thought pennisi cleared this up and said crea was underboss till he got arrested and taken of the street
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 pm
joeycigars wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:36 pmThen to top that one off DeSantis writes another letter to resign as a member of the Lucchese crime family because he cant get along with Avellino
If I remember correctly, he resigned as a member of Avellino's crew (i.e. he wanted to transfer to another one). Not the family as a whole.
You called it 12 years ago Wiseguy after the Gotti JR bust, You said attrition would deplete the mafia , This is a good example , From Tony Ducks ,Carmine Tramunti ,....To Writing letters to resign and who's the boss , Bloods taking hits on Pennisi ,last but not least Frank Pasqua was on deck ,And they want to make earners that are legit , I dont see it, maybe a few suckers
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:18 pm why do people keep saying it like crea was demoted.
Madonna was demoted, Crea walked out of that meeting still the underboss. With assurances that he can remain the underboss until he lost his case and if he won the case the guys at the meeting (desantis, Dellorusso, zappola, papagni) would support him as boss.

At that time he was hands down the most respected wiseguy in the entire Lucchese family.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I guess amuso could just give a lawyer or another inmate the letter to get to desantis. So he could write freely in the letter
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 am With assurances that he can remain the underboss until he lost his case and if he won the case the guys at the meeting (desantis, Dellorusso, zappola, papagni) would support him as boss.

At that time he was hands down the most respected wiseguy in the entire Lucchese family.
Official or Acting.

I read acting.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:49 am I guess amuso could just give a lawyer or another inmate the letter to get to desantis. So he could write freely in the letter
After what Amuso, Casso did with this family , Why they keep him as shot caller is really mind boggling , Just in name only I get it , But no way making major decisions like hit list from prison ,He hasnt been on the street in 30 years and cant communicate with out writing,