Yonkers

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Yonkers

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

I can’t think of any crews that operated in Yonkers. Anyone know any guys or crews that ran out of Yonkers? Was Stevie Crea from there? Which family has had the biggest influence there?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: Yonkers

Post by Shellackhead »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:46 pm I can’t think of any crews that operated in Yonkers. Anyone know any guys or crews that ran out of Yonkers? Was Stevie Crea from there? Which family has had the biggest influence there?
The Tanglewood Boys operated there (Lucchese)
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Going way back, the Genovese had some presence in Yonkers I’ve always assumed, but I’d like to know more.

Chicago capo/boss Philly Alderisio and his cousin Chicago member Patsy Ricciardi were both originally from Yonkers.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I'm not gonna condemn the man off the word of some fucking douchebag from Yonkers.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm I'm not gonna condemn the man off the word of some fucking douchebag from Yonkers.

Pogo
That's the thing though. This kid Sal. I know him
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

On topic though, hasn't Yonkers basically been a stronghold since the formation of the families? The Luccheses and Genovese. The Pappadio brothers operated garment shops in Yonkers (as well as the City). I think Mario Gigante had relocated there and opened up shop as early as the late 60s as well... and more recently there was solider John Tortora based out of Yonkers. Paul Cassano and Vinny Bruno from the Lucchees lived in Yonkers too but I'm guessing they were in one of the two bronx crews
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm Going way back, the Genovese had some presence in Yonkers I’ve always assumed, but I’d like to know more.

Chicago capo/boss Philly Alderisio and his cousin Chicago member Patsy Ricciardi were both originally from Yonkers.
Was Mario Gigante or Danny Pagano’s crew out of Yonkers? I know they were both Westchester crews. Along with Nick Ratteni going back even further.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Southshore88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:28 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm Going way back, the Genovese had some presence in Yonkers I’ve always assumed, but I’d like to know more.

Was Mario Gigante or Danny Pagano’s crew out of Yonkers? I know they were both Westchester crews. Along with Nick Ratteni going back even further.
I was trying to suggest that Yonkers was part of Mario or Danny P’s base. I know they were also Westchester based.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Yes the tangle wood boys that’s right. Wasn’t that Crea and Crea jr? You just don’t hear about crews that are like mainly run out of Yonkers.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Danny Campos lives/lived in Yonkers. That whole crew lives/operates from the Bronx/Yonkers up through Briarcliff all the way to Peekskill.
Teddy Bear & Charlie Bear Calise were gambinos from Yonkers also.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Whether it's Yonkers or Westchester in general, the Genovese have the most presence. Luccheses would be second, albeit a fairly distant one, with the Gambinos a distant third. The other NY families don't really have a presence there.
All roads lead to New York.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Southshore88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm
Southshore88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:28 pm

I was trying to suggest that Yonkers was part of Mario or Danny P’s base. I know they were also Westchester based.
Pagano , while prob having a crew with operations in westchester and the bronx, is rockland county "based" - he's the rockland guy for the genovese.

I'm not sure if there are any Yonkers based crews solely, but guys who live and operate in Yonkers and are in "bronx based" crews - i.e. crews that historically can be traced back to the Bronx but operate 'all points north' now.

The Luccheses had two Bronx based crews as of 2017. I'd be curious to know how many the Genovese have, if you can even simply pigeonhole their crews based on location like that.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:43 pm Yes the tangle wood boys that’s right. Wasn’t that Crea and Crea jr? You just don’t hear about crews that are like mainly run out of Yonkers.
Nah, I think they were under Anthony Santorelli, his son Freddy Boy was a member.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

This subject came up not too long regarding Filipelli, who lives in Westchester but the majority of his crew's activity doesn't necessarily seem to be there. And crew activity seems to me a bigger factor of where a crew is based than where the captain lives.

Pagano lives in Rockland County but I've seen one article describing him as Westchester-based. His crew's activities seem to more or less span both counties. And it's the only crew in all the NY families that seems to be based in the north suburbs.

In addition, the Genovese have some Bronx-based crews that are active in Westchester, i.e. the Parrello and Balsamo crews.

The two Bronx-based Lucchese crews have activity in Westchester. And the Bronx-based Campos crew from the Gambinos.
All roads lead to New York.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Yonkers has always been a de facto "extension" of the Bronx. Lots of wiseguys lived there and Westchester in general, but confined their activity to the Bronx or Manhattan.
Papa Dave from the Gambinos lived on Kimball Avenue, Joe Sass from the Genovese lived in Westchester as did Joe Dente (when he wasn't in California)
The Pagano's were originally from the Bronx, but moved North a long time ago.
Filipelli and Campos both live in Westchester, but not Yonkers. Filipelli is in Armonk, and Campos in Scarsdale. Both very "nice" suburban communities, despite their presence.
Steve Crea originally was from Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, but later moved up to Westchester. I'm pretty sure his son lived all his life in Westchester, mostly New Rochelle and Yorktown.