Corky Vastola

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

nmj1199
Associate

Corky Vastola

Post by nmj1199 »

Anyone have any good info on Corky? He lived down the street from me in Colts Neck NJ. I believe his wife still owns the house. I know he was DeCavacante but it seems he didn't really make any moves with them. He was big in the record industry with the Chin and made some moves with the Gambinos. Enough to piss Gotti off to try and have him taken out. He was banned from Atlantic City and was a big name in the 80's but I never heard anything after he got out of prison.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

joerock
Straightened out

Re: Corky Vastola

Post by joerock »

Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

He was sentenced to 15yrs or more for extortion in like 1987ish. He was free on appeal for a few years well his appeals worked there way out till about 1990. I think him and Gotti had a personal beef. There Brooklyn guys originally. Corky was a decade older. They were both in lewisburg in the 70tys there a picture someone just posted in the Gambino section. Corky was a major money maker in those days. Gotti not so much. Gotti pressured riggi into killing corky but it just never materialized he must have been warned
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

The Mob & Music: Gaetano “Corky” Vastola - 1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOrGbBubdU
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

David Chase based Hesh on The Sopranos in Season 1 being a Record Label owner based on Corky from the DeCavs. He lived in Colts Neck in Monmouth County, which is a really upscale wealthy area in which many of the estates have horse farms (Hesh also had a horse farm on The Sopranos). The town has so many horse farms it’s even called “Colts Neck”

-Dante
nmj1199
Associate

Post by nmj1199 »

NJShore4Life wrote:David Chase based Hesh on The Sopranos in Season 1 being a Record Label owner based on Corky from the DeCavs. He lived in Colts Neck in Monmouth County, which is a really upscale wealthy area in which many of the estates have horse farms (Hesh also had a horse farm on The Sopranos). The town has so many horse farms it’s even called “Colts Neck”

-Dante
Yeah that's where I grew up a Gambino capo bought my family house and tore it down and built a mansion.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

That record owner was Morris Levy of Roulette records.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

NYNighthawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:39 pm That record owner was Morris Levy of Roulette records.
The Jew lawyer from the wire?
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Southshore88 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 am
NYNighthawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:39 pm That record owner was Morris Levy of Roulette records.
The Jew lawyer from the wire?
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Last I heard of Corky was he spends most of his time in FL and came back to NJ in the summers to see family. He has to be in his late 80s by now if he is still alive no ? I believe his wife was allot younger? I thought he was married a few times?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Rocco wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:00 pm Last I heard of Corky was he spends most of his time in FL and came back to NJ in the summers to see family. He has to be in his late 80s by now if he is still alive no ? I believe his wife was allot younger? I thought he was married a few times?
He's nearly 93, I think.
All roads lead to New York.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

If I’m not mistaken, back in the 60s Corky Vastola was close to Rocky Infelise of Chicago (at the time an associate but later a capo), when the latter was spending time in NJ due to trouble back home.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 pm
Rocco wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:00 pm Last I heard of Corky was he spends most of his time in FL and came back to NJ in the summers to see family. He has to be in his late 80s by now if he is still alive no ? I believe his wife was allot younger? I thought he was married a few times?
He's nearly 93, I think.
Wow Good Genes ? Or maybe just stayed in shape by punching Record executives in the face..?