Organized Crime Taught in College

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

mafiastudent
Full Patched

Organized Crime Taught in College

Post by mafiastudent »

So I was on Ebay looking around and I came across (posted this up on my FB group as well) this Organized Crime texted and I decided to buy. It just came, I flipped through and thought some of you might find some of this interesting.....especially the Gotti "critical thinking" question....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Re: Organized Crime Taught in College

Post by mafiastudent »

Two more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I don't understand the question about Gotti, it's indisputable that he became boss of the Gambino family/syndicate. There's a clear line of succession from Gambino to Castellano to Gotti.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

I'm going to go back and see what was before that critical thinking question....but I just found another one....which is even more hilarious...
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

The Gotti stuff
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Last of Gotti

I don't know why these pics are coming in sideways
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

But Here is the Biggest Question for All you:

Are you a social supporter of organized crime?????
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

the consigliere, often a lawyer

Looks like the writer has seen the Godfather once too many times.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:12 am
the consigliere, often a lawyer

Looks like the writer has seen the Godfather once too many times.

Pogo
The fact they actually have academic theories about organized crime is amazing. I was going to take pics of the entire table of contents but it's like 10 pages...haha
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Jimmy Buccellato actually taught a class in AZ that deals with OC.

I dont know EXACT details....

Has anyone heard from him at all??
Last time I saw him me and Scott b all had lunch together
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

It surprises me that more college professors and historians do not jump into studying the history of organized crime. It would help separate the fact from the fiction.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:52 pm It surprises me that more college professors and historians do not jump into studying the history of organized crime. It would help separate the fact from the fiction.
I agree, look what some researches have done in their spare time, both on here and in articles in Informer Magazine. If tenured professors started researching the mafia/organized crime, i'm sure there will be a whole new wealth of information coming out.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

thekiduknow wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:34 pm
Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:52 pm It surprises me that more college professors and historians do not jump into studying the history of organized crime. It would help separate the fact from the fiction.
I agree, look what some researches have done in their spare time, both on here and in articles in Informer Magazine. If tenured professors started researching the mafia/organized crime, i'm sure there will be a whole new wealth of information coming out.
But what would be the purpose of a class like that unless you were going into law enforcement? I would imagine any law enforcement class would have to be more specialized than what's being presented in that book I posted.

There might be interest as an elective I guess though.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

mafiastudent wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:36 pm
thekiduknow wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:34 pm
But what would be the purpose of a class like that unless you were going into law enforcement? I would imagine any law enforcement class would have to be more specialized than what's being presented in that book I posted.

There might be interest as an elective I guess though.
It could definitely be part of the history department, I was a history major and wish there were classes on the mafia/organized crime just to learn more.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I took an OC class once and it was nothing special. The average poster here is a lot more knowledgeable about OC than the professor who taught it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.