Gianni Russo...do we believe this guy?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

queensnyer
Straightened out

Gianni Russo...do we believe this guy?

Post by queensnyer »

I've watched a few of his vids on yt lately. he just doesn't pass the smell test to me,.. regurgitates a lot of already known facts and puts himself in the middle of major moments in history_(jfk hit) sure he probably knew a few people..so what. his wiki said he beat 28 indictments get the fuck outta here.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Re: Gianni Russo...do we believe this guy?

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

There's an interview with him I think in the 90's where he sounds like a regular Hollywood guy, meanwhile in the audio format of his new book he talks with a thick Brooklyn accent.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone: I would refer to him as the "Forrest Gump" of the Cosa Nostra, if that title was not already given (and deservedly so) to Nicola Gentile.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Vladtv just interviewed him. His interviews aren’t anywhere near as intriguing as the valuetainment interviews. Call it what you want Patrick Bet David really put himself on the map with the mob interviews after the gravano one
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

His stories about celebrities are pretty outlandish, and his stories of mob life sound more like Hollywood make-believe than accounts that I've heard from genuine wiseguys like Leonetti and Gravano. Presumably, he had some involvement with the mob, but I highly doubt he was working directly under Frank Costello as a teenager, that's not really how the mob works. Personally, I think he's full of shit and haven't wasted my time on his book. I heard an interview with him on a local radio station and it was good for a laugh, but that's about it.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

“He needs to answer for Santino’’
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

Oh this guy is a bullshit artist lol how many guys has he killed and never did a bid before lmfao I can’t bear to listen to this character anymore
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

You'd have to be illiterate to believe this guy. This is a cash grab, nothing more. At least Sheeran was around Bufalino and Hoffa for fuck's sake, so there was a tinge of credibility. This guy is a straight nobody.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Links to any of Russo's interviews?
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

queensnyer wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:16 pm Ive watched a few of his vids on yt lately. he just doesn't pass the smell test to me,.. regurgitates a lot of already known facts and puts himself in the middle of major moments in history_(jfk hit) sure he probably new a few people..so what. his wiki said he beat 28 indictments get the fuck outta here.
I didn’t care until you mentioned that they claim they were in the middle of, and involved with JFK’s assassination. While I have no doubt the mob, contracted by the CIA, played a direct hand in his assassination. I can’t imagine any of the wise guys involved were allowed to continue living after participating in one of American history’s greatest cover ups.

So how would this loose end be permitted to continue living? 100% bullshit
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

JohnnySalami wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm Vladtv just interviewed him. His interviews aren’t anywhere near as intriguing as the valuetainment interviews. Call it what you want Patrick Bet David really put himself on the map with the mob interviews after the gravano one
I actually like Vlad better because he doesn’t tend to make the interviews about himself. Vlad is always off camera, which I like, because it puts the focus on the person being interviewed. Vlad is just the guy behind the camera asking questions, he’s not trying to insert himself into the conversation. Whereas, with someone like Patrick, he comes across as a total tool and a fanboy who’s seen way too many movies.

And I’m not saying Vlad is perfect, but he at least seems to be trying to tell these stories to show how horrible street life really is. Whereas Patrick seems so enamored by all of the glitz and glamor, like he kept pestering Phil Leonetti about how much money he was making at the time. And when Leonetti was telling the Skinny Razor story, Patrick had some shitty cartoon reenactment of the story. Wtf was that?
JohnnySalami
Straightened out

Post by JohnnySalami »

He butchered Neil Dellacroces name horrendously I’m almost embarrassed for him lol
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 am Links to any of Russo's interviews?
Here's one where he talks about why he didn't join the mafia - and his 23 fed indictment.

https://youtu.be/wXBmJ5Up2GY

Check the links for 8nother parts w vladtv ull hear him call sheernan a wannabe. Un like him who apparently knows what color car Hoffa was murdered in....

Here's him w Patric David...

https://youtu.be/If5GqCi3dTc

And then watch a different side of him in 1993 if u want.

He literally is the Forrest gump of the mob
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

he is a legend in his own mind
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Just when I thought I heard it all...

https://youtu.be/ZDBlMnURSuE

Gianni actually says he killed esckba5 underboss... Put two in his head.... But John Gotti got him sent to a meeting in Colombia where Escobar kidnapped him but the GF movie saved his life
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.