LaRocca/ PittsburghFamily

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tocco686
Straightened out

LaRocca/ PittsburghFamily

Post by Tocco686 »

So I know really nothing of the Pittsburgh. Are they a viable family and what do they look like current day. From what I read they have very few members, and the ones still around are old, mostly into bookmaking and low key. Figured they're sort of like KC in some ways.I don't really know who is the guy is on here for Pittsburgh info, but I'd love to hear from you on this.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: LaRocca/ PittsburghFamily

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti Is the only made member left and he is well into his 80s

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

In addition to there only being one living member, cases in recent years have involved descendants of deceased members and former associates basically doing their own thing in gambling. There's no family overseeing it or receiving tribute in order to operate.
All roads lead to New York.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 am In addition to there only being one living member, cases in recent years have involved descendants of deceased members and former associates basically doing their own thing in gambling. There's no family overseeing it or receiving tribute in order to operate.
FWIW - I agree!
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Yeah KC might be the smallest family that is still organized. Supposedly has 2 crews and an administration. So In that reguard quite a ways ahead of current day Pittsburg while still like everyone in the Midwest a shadow of themselves
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Mason_dixon wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:09 pm Yeah KC might be the smallest family that is still organized. Supposedly has 2 crews and an administration. So In that reguard quite a ways ahead of current day Pittsburg while still like everyone in the Midwest a shadow of themselves
That’s a big supposedly. Cue Gino D’Acampo.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Regarding these relatives who still have their own things with gambling but not a viable family. So they still have the means to enforce or use violence if need be. I have to imagine they employ at least a couple leg breakers if needed. Also, at the end of the day is this actually a preferable model to having a fully functioning family with all of the headaches and attention that come with it? I imagine these guys can operate gambling and make whatever money they need without worrying about updating some org chart for us forum members lol.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 pm
Mason_dixon wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:09 pm Yeah KC might be the smallest family that is still organized. Supposedly has 2 crews and an administration. So In that reguard quite a ways ahead of current day Pittsburg while still like everyone in the Midwest a shadow of themselves
Just an opinion I share with a few others I’ve talked to the main guy being a local. I think they are often and always have been overlooked and much less is known there similar to the Chicago situation. A lot of inter marriage between families too which I’ve always thought has been common on those 3 outfits Chicago Detroit KC and anyone who knows anything about Rockford gotta admit there is still LCN activity there but it’s just not as independent like in 30 years ago.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Mason_dixon wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:50 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 pm
Just an opinion I share with a few others I’ve talked to the main guy being a local. I think they are often and always have been overlooked and much less is known there similar to the Chicago situation. A lot of inter marriage between families too which I’ve always thought has been common on those 3 outfits Chicago Detroit KC and anyone who knows anything about Rockford gotta admit there is still LCN activity there but it’s just not as independent like in 30 years ago.
Interesting stuff, it got me thinking - and this isn’t directed at you or anyone in particular - but I wonder how much of the perceived Mafia in certain questionable cities like, for instance, Kansas City or Detroit, is simply Italian criminals posing as such? For instance, it appears Jerry Colombo of the McMillions documentary was nothing more than a poser, using his distant familial connections to Joe Colombo to make himself out to be an inducted member of the Colombo family. This was a valuable lie. It allowed him to muscle in on the million-dollar McDonalds scam. I wonder if similar things happen in cities with no viable Mafia presence. Comedian Joey Diaz has a story about selling someone in Colorado a bogus membership to the Mafia for $1500. Diaz - who looks like a knockoff Big Pussy from the Soprano - is originally from NJ and talks the part.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

If I’m wrong about Jerry Colombo then I will be the first to admit it, because it would indeed be hilarious if there was really an under the radar Colombo member running an expansive criminal network in South Carolina, spearheading and protecting an international scam to defraud McDonalds. I’d love it. But it does not seem like Jerry Colombo was ever a member and it seems his widow Robin talks him up a bit too much.

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:49 am Interesting stuff, it got me thinking - and this isn’t directed at you or anyone in particular - but I wonder how much of the perceived Mafia in certain questionable cities like, for instance, Kansas City or Detroit, is simply Italian criminals posing as such? For instance, it appears Jerry Colombo of the McMillions documentary was nothing more than a poser, using his distant familial connections to Joe Colombo to make himself out to be an inducted member of the Colombo family. This was a valuable lie. It allowed him to muscle in on the million-dollar McDonalds scam. I wonder if similar things happen in cities with no viable Mafia presence. Comedian Joey Diaz has a story about selling someone in Colorado a bogus membership to the Mafia for $1500. Diaz - who looks like a knockoff Big Pussy from the Soprano - is originally from NJ and talks the part.
Back in the 2000's The Honored Society was released by a Michael Gambino, the so-called grandson of Carlo. The reviews on this book were amazing, the authenticity, how the author was so knowledgeable about the life.... his real surname was Pellegrino and the real Carlo Gambino grandson was 16 living with his parents at the time. The book had to get pulled and reclassified as fiction. He was paid 500K. :D
https://nypost.com/2002/08/28/publisher ... fia-scion/
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Iol that's hillariouse.

I THINK that guy was also the one that went on TV talking about how the mafia would wipe out terrorists
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:48 am Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti Is the only made member left and he is well into his 80s

Pogo
Technically, Lenine "Lenny" Strollo is still alive but he was a turncoat
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

First time I am hearing KC is still viable...proof?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Tocco686 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:28 am So I know really nothing of the Pittsburgh. Are they a viable family and what do they look like current day. From what I read they have very few members, and the ones still around are old, mostly into bookmaking and low key. Figured they're sort of like KC in some ways.I don't really know who is the guy is on here for Pittsburgh info, but I'd love to hear from you on this.
Lots of stuff on Pittsburgh here, run a search in the engine and you should find quite a bit

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP