Skinny Joey Out This Week

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Skinny Joey Out This Week

Post by NJShore4Life »

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: Skinny Joey Out This Week

Post by slimshady_007 »

Joey should enjoy his freedom while it lasts. The feds won’t give up on nailing Joey until he gets a life sentence.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Enjoy his freedom? I think it's clear how Joey enjoys his freedom and he isn't going to have it any other way. Joey just has to make sure Jacobs doesn't retire on him. If he does Jacobs had better have a succession plan in place because right now he is second to none. That last case was a tough one, Joey could have easily got 30 years as a three time fed loser. I wonder how Junior would have done in his First Plus trial with Jacobs or McMonagle. Jacobs would have had the jury believing Junior was a legitimate shareholder with a bit of eccentricity, an unfortunate childhood and taste for flash.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Borgesi acting boss?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Makes sense that Stevie took a step back and George stepped forward once Joey got off supervised release. I'd bet it probably dates back around that time.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Eddie Jacobs is simply the best attorney money can buy. The problem is he costs an absolute fortune, I got jammed up a few years ago and unfortunately had to use his services.

As soon as I retained Jacobs as my attorney, I generally heard fear in the Detective’s voice that was on me. Needless to say everything worked out for me....

I don’t know how these guys afford him for trial after trial and not go broke. Going from what he charged me , I would imagine for a Federal RICO trial he charges North of 300k....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:39 am Makes sense that Stevie took a step back and George stepped forward once Joey got off supervised release. I'd bet it probably dates back around that time.
Burstein has Borgesi as acting. Anastasia has him as retired.

To quote the Sopranos ‘Nobody knows anything.’
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

For a retired guy, George keeps strange company....
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I'd bet Jacobs is at least $500,000 for a trial like Joey's last, at least 100k in expenses as well for holding it in NYC. I think in Joe's trial there was testimony regarding how much he paid Jacobs for the first trial during a hearing about appointing Jacobs to represent him at public expense. Great argument too, "I paid Jacobs so much I'm broke, appoint him to represent me because he's so familiar with the case it will save the public money:. If you are familiar with the system, you have to appreciate the ingenuity of the argument as the Feds would have loved to stick Ligambi with some brokester public defender but it would only flywith Jacobs if h was already on board with it.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 am For a retired guy, George keeps strange company....
I wonder if he was retired when he was meeting with Patsy Parrello and Joe Bilotti? My sense is these guys just took a big step back once the Persiano thing came down.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Yeah I think Ligambi got Jacobs as a Public Defender lol brilliant. Saved him a ton of $$$$
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Yeah , I sense that they have scaled back everything waiting to see the next round of indictments from the FBI agent AP brought into the fold. Don’t forget AP introduced an FBI agent into his crew, that’s gonna be next to impossible for even Eddie Jacobs to cross examine.

Grande and probably Mazzone still have a problem down the road I would imagine from the whole AP fiasco . Dom is getting married this month, watch Feds drop indictment soon to royally fuck with him
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I'm sure that Joe made it up to Jacobs in some fashion or else Jacobs wouldn't have agreed to do it...fruit basket or something.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 am I'm sure that Joe made it up to Jacobs in some fashion or else Jacobs wouldn't have agreed to do it...fruit basket or something.
These guys bought his house, car, and children's tuition, probably was enough lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:46 am
dack2001 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 am I'm sure that Joe made it up to Jacobs in some fashion or else Jacobs wouldn't have agreed to do it...fruit basket or something.
These guys bought his house, car, and children's tuition, probably was enough lol
Eddie Jacobs never had any kids I believe. He told me he spends his money on cars. He supposedly has a huge exotic car collection in his house in the suburbs of AC that he had a garage built on the property.

His office on Pacific Ave is funny, I remember sitting in it waiting for my appointment with him and looking up at a charcoal painting portrait of Skinny Joey framed and hanging in a prominent location.