New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Post by B. »

New LCNBios entries deserve their own their own thread ala Gangland. This one has a transcript of conversations between the cooperating informant Jeff Santini and Genovese captain Angelo Prisco.

http://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2018/08/san ... -2004.html
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Thanks B.

Agree this needs its own GL equivalent thread. Considering this reports on, actual, you know, LCN.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

Many thanks to Mr.JD.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

JD epic blog post. thanks
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Even though he did me and this forum so wrong, I'm all for helping him and his blog out, If we can help JD out by advertising his blog every week, lets do it.......Soliai
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shitty move erasing all his posts here but can't deny his blog is great even though I thought this months entry was underwhelming after such a long wait.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I remember when these audio tapes were online about 10 years ago. I think there was a little more than is here but this is most of it. Prisco summed up the Gottis pretty well.
All roads lead to New York.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Great tapes 👍🏻
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 am Shitty move erasing all his posts here but can't deny his blog is great even though I thought this months entry was underwhelming after such a long wait.
Yes. But some times we gotta take the high road. I know you still read here JD. Water under the bridge buddy. I forgive you just like I did Tommy. I’m happy to give your blog more exposure. Little back story. When I first started this place it was mainly just me Tag and Lupara talking to ourselves for a few weeks. Slowly a few more came on here and there. Then after like a month or two Dapper Don gave this forum exposure by writing a few good words about this place and shared the link to here on his blog and it created a huge wave of new recruits to this place. So helping JDs blog is me passing on DD kindness he showed me, I would hope JD would one day do the same as Dapper did, but that’s up to him.......Soliai
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 am Shitty move erasing all his posts here

He did it because so many people here were taking his stuff and posting it elsewhere without giving him credit. I can't blame him for being miffed since it no doubt takes him a lot of time, effort and no doubt money to compile all of it together.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:13 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 am Shitty move erasing all his posts here

He did it because so many people here were taking his stuff and posting it elsewhere without giving him credit. I can't blame him for being miffed since it no doubt takes him a lot of time, effort and no doubt money to compile all of it together.

Pogo
I won’t argue or debate you on this. But that’s is simply not true.......Soliai
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That was what he said. I'm refering to his earlier posts that he deleted years ago. Later on he stopped doing it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

After Prisco went to prison in 08, who took over his crew?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:50 pm After Prisco went to prison in 08, who took over his crew?

Joseph "PePe" LaScala was his Acting Capo.

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'd rather people talk about the blog content than the board drama, but it's true he was deleting posts long before he quit the board and said many times he didn't like people copy/pasting info verbatim without giving credit or even changing the wording. He knew his info/photos would get passed around when he shared things publicly and didn't seem to have an issue with that itself. Definitely wasn't an ego thing, as he used a forum watermark and not a personal one on the huge number of original photos and charts he shared over the years. I don't think there is any rival in terms of the amount of time and money he has spent researching the five families and even some other groups, with a lot of that info completely changing the game when it comes to our knowledge and understanding of those groups and the mob as well. I'm not kissing anyone's ass when I say it created a new standard when it comes to research and the way mob info is presented online. I'm bummed like all of you when I'm trying to do a search and see that an excellent post was deleted, but I can't resent someone for keeping a tight grip on their own labor-intensive research.

As far as what I assume his reasons are for leaving, I initially was more in line with his thinking on certain matters but my mind has changed. I respect his opinion and I appreciate the character it takes to stand behind it either way.

I also appreciate that Soliai is willing to look past ego in this and welcome discussion of JD's info despite any issues. Overall this is an extremely open minded board that also takes well-researched and interesting info seriously and that's a clear reflection of Soliai in my opinion.

So... what do folks think about Angelo Prisco possibly falling into disfavor within the Genovese family and the concern over him being killed? Curious who he was supposed to attend the meeting Santini was concerned about and who the member was that Prisco says he brought into the life.

Also found it interesting when he says what sets the Genovese family apart is that they gossip less about crimes, particularly murders which I believe is what he's referring to here. That's been my perception over the years -- they're still gangsters and not necessarily more sophisticated as human beings, but they seem to make fewer obvious mistakes, i.e. talking about crimes, talking on the phone, etc. Though it's funny here we have Prisco recorded by a CI.