boss of bosses

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

paph
Associate

boss of bosses

Post by paph »

hi guys

who is actually the boss of bosses in Nyc? or they change the leadership in circle to avoid the fbi ?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: boss of bosses

Post by Hailbritain »

There is no such position most families r being run by acting bosses and ruling panels , the genovese is , Steve crea is lucchese boss the colombos and bonnanos r prob being run by acting bosses or panels and the gambino boss is dominic cefalu
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The last official Boss of Bosses was Salvatore Maranzano who of course got whacked in 1931. After that the position was abolished and the Commission was formed.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Vito Genovese fancied himself as a boss of bosses
paph
Associate

Post by paph »

Pogo The Clown wrote:The last official Boss of Bosses was Salvatore Maranzano who of course got whacked in 1931. After that the position was abolished and the Commission was formed.

Pogo
yes i know this , but in the Commission now wich families has a specific influence for men , money and contact?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

There isn't much of a commission left either , the last known commission meting was in 2000 , Joseph "Big Joey" Massino, Bonanno underboss Salvatore "Good Looking Sal" Vitale, Genovese ruling panel member Lawrence "Little Larry" Dentico, Gambino acting boss Peter "Petey Boy" Gotti, Lucchese acting boss Louis "Louie Bagels" Daidone, and Colombo consigliere Joel "Waverly" Cacace.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

2000 was the last commision meet? Almost been 15 years now. I wonder if there has been any kinda meetings between more low key members like Crea, Cefalu and whoever is Genovese boss.

When was that meeting Rizzuto held in Cuba and who attended?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

They considered Carlo Gambino the boss of bosses because he was the most influencial Commision member. BUT since there really isn't a commission anymore its impossible to have a boss of bosses. These are guys are just really trying to stay at of jail...everything else comes 2nd. That era of the mob is over. RICO was the nail in that coffin..
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Hailbritain wrote:Vito Genovese fancied himself as a boss of bosses
No he didn't. That's a myth.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Rocco wrote:They considered Carlo Gambino the boss of bosses because he was the most influencial Commision member. BUT since there really isn't a commission anymore its impossible to have a boss of bosses. These are guys are just really trying to stay at of jail...everything else comes 2nd. That era of the mob is over. RICO was the nail in that coffin..
No one considered Gambino the boss of bosses but lazy journalists. It was a myth and as Pogo wrote, the position was abolished in 1931.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

as far as carlo was concerned, a term like "first amongst equals" fits much better than "boss of bosses" and other similar terms. as far as the present day, "most influential" seems appropriate.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Rocco wrote:These are guys are just really trying to stay at of jail...everything else comes 2nd. That era of the mob is over.
I echo Antiliar's post about the position being abolished, and the whole "Boss of Bosses" thing being sensationalized by the media. But this part of Rocco's post is on the money.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

The smarter bosses today are content to keep their own families earning and out of prison. Unless there's some overlap (like the Luccheses and the Genovese in the Bronx, for example), I can't imagine one boss caring too much about what another boss is up to.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The topic of the 2000 meeting was on wether or not they should disband the Colombo family. They ultimately decided against it because they felt it would be too disrespectful to Carmine Persico and because the other families didn't want to take on members that they didn't know. They also discussed a parking garage (in I believe in a hospital) that the families had an interest in. I'm sure other things were discussed as well.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

East Bronx wrote:The smarter bosses today are content to keep their own families earning and out of prison. Unless there's some overlap (like the Luccheses and the Genovese in the Bronx, for example), I can't imagine one boss caring too much about what another boss is up to.
I disagree every family has members in every borough of ny they're crossing paths and working deals together all the time cooperation with each other only makes sense
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono