Some Notable 302s from Al D’Arco

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Some Notable 302s from Al D’Arco

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Some Notable 302s from Al D’Arco

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Some fantastic information which give us a great inside look into the dynamics of the Lucchese Family during the period when Vic and Gas were on the street

D’Arco also goes through the making ceremonies which he attended and tells us who was sponsored by who and which crew a member was was placed in

D’Arco reveals how many murder contracts he received from Vic and Gas
Lastorino’s name was very surprising to see on this list

The 302s generally correlate with his book though there are some notable parts of these 302s that should have been included in his book
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

amuso tells darco kill curly russo if he acts up. he was one of the plotters trying to over throw tony ducks. this is interesting a plot to over throw tony ducks? what year,who. I'm assuming it was reason buddy lounge was killed and the whole tom mix bronx faction thing. must have been when they get indicted in 85.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Lots of great info here, thanks for sharing
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Russ

Post by Russ »

Awesome stuff I just need better glasses but thank u for real
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:15 am amuso tells darco kill curly russo if he acts up. he was one of the plotters trying to over throw tony ducks. this is interesting a plot to over throw tony ducks? what year,who. I'm assuming it was reason buddy lounge was killed and the whole tom mix bronx faction thing. must have been when they get indicted in 85.
In his book, D’Arco mentions Anthony DiLapi,Michael Salerno,Buddy Luongo and Tom Mix as being the people behind the plot against Tony Ducks but didn’t mention Curly
D’Arco claims that it was Casso who told him who were the plotters

Tom Mix was grooming Buddy Luongo to take over his rackets for years.Anthony DiLapi was an ally of both.Vic and Gas said that Luongo an DiLapi were apart of Tom Mix Santoro’s plan to seize power in the family

Luongo was lured to the 19th hole then to another house where Vic Amuso was chatting with him in the kitchen.Then Vic went to a bedroom and got a silenced pistol and shot Buddy 3 times in the head. Though I’ve read that it was Bobby Amuso who pulled the trigger. Dom Carbucci was also a participant of this hit
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:02 am Lots of great info here, thanks for sharing
I’m surprised some of this did not make it into D’Arco’s book

I was very surprised to see that Vic and Gas wanted Lastorino dead
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:56 am
chin_gigante wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:02 am Lots of great info here, thanks for sharing

Surprised by that as well, especially considering this was before Casso had Lastorino kill Patty Testa.

Also interesting that Amuso and Casso gave D'Arco permission to kill Russo and Lagano without checking with them if they gave him problems.

Good to get clearer information as well about how these Brooklyn inductees were split up between D'Arco, Bobby Amuso, Pete Chiodo and Frank Lastorino.

Did you find these files in a PACER attachment?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Some great info in there. Thanks for sharing.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:49 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:56 am

Surprised by that as well, especially considering this was before Casso had Lastorino kill Patty Testa.

Also interesting that Amuso and Casso gave D'Arco permission to kill Russo and Lagano without checking with them if they gave him problems.

Good to get clearer information as well about how these Brooklyn inductees were split up between D'Arco, Bobby Amuso, Pete Chiodo and Frank Lastorino.

Did you find these files in a PACER attachment?
It could be a sign of confidence they had in D’Arco or either that because he was one of the plotters, he was extremely thin ice which meant that even if he caused one issue, they wanted him dead
Lagano was ousted as an informant years later but I wonder why they wanted him dead at that time

PACER attachments are great, it is where I found it.

Is there any way for us to receive the entirety of D’Arco’s 302s? They’ve been turned over as discovery evidence multiple times, surely we could access it
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I thought about that before. Would probably require having to track down one of the court cases and identifying a docket number corresponding to the 302s being shared in discovery. No documents filed prior to November 2004 are available to access on PACER unless you're a party in the case, so it would probably require going directly to the court to request the item. I've done that once before with an audio recording of testimony but it was a much more expensive than getting things through PACER and a bit of a hassle because at least some federal courts don't process payments online and require either a cheque or a money order.

The alternative would be doing a FOIA request but then it'd likely come back heavily redacted.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Interesting note on the Commission membership. Jimmy Fratianno had also claimed that John Scalish of Cleveland was on the Commission, along with Bruno and Zerilli, until it was reduced to just NYC and Chicago in ‘76 (though Scalish died that year anyway).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:43 am Interesting note on the Commission membership. Jimmy Fratianno had also claimed that John Scalish of Cleveland was on the Commission, along with Bruno and Zerilli, until it was reduced to just NYC and Chicago in ‘76 (though Scalish died that year anyway).
Freddy Santantonio also said he was told by his capodecina (Dongarra) that Scalish was on the Commission.

--

Thanks for posting the 302s, Al.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:08 am I thought about that before. Would probably require having to track down one of the court cases and identifying a docket number corresponding to the 302s being shared in discovery. No documents filed prior to November 2004 are available to access on PACER unless you're a party in the case, so it would probably require going directly to the court to request the item. I've done that once before with an audio recording of testimony but it was a much more expensive than getting things through PACER and a bit of a hassle because at least some federal courts don't process payments online and require either a cheque or a money order.

The alternative would be doing a FOIA request but then it'd likely come back heavily redacted.
I’ve read that the court can send you trial transcripts for free if you directly go to the court where the trial took place
If you do identify the docket and the case number, it’s likely that they have other documents pertaining to the case at the court
The case number for D’Arco would pertain to the windows case, and the docket number would either be Vic Amuso’s docket or Vincent Gigante’s docket since he testified against them.

Why would an FOIA request come back as heavily redacted? Much of it is public knowledge and has been revealed within court through vast amounts of testimony. The 302s have also been the subject of cross examination various times publicly in court
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:08 am
chin_gigante wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:08 am I thought about that before. Would probably require having to track down one of the court cases and identifying a docket number corresponding to the 302s being shared in discovery. No documents filed prior to November 2004 are available to access on PACER unless you're a party in the case, so it would probably require going directly to the court to request the item. I've done that once before with an audio recording of testimony but it was a much more expensive than getting things through PACER and a bit of a hassle because at least some federal courts don't process payments online and require either a cheque or a money order.

I’ve read that the court can send you trial transcripts for free if you directly go to the court where the trial took place
If you do identify the docket and the case number, it’s likely that they have other documents pertaining to the case at the court
The case number for D’Arco would pertain to the windows case, and the docket number would either be Vic Amuso’s docket or Vincent Gigante’s docket since he testified against them.

Why would an FOIA request come back as heavily redacted? Much of it is public knowledge and has been revealed within court through vast amounts of testimony. The 302s have also been the subject of cross examination various times publicly in court
They are two different bodies processing the request. The 302 as part of an FBI file is in their custody and they can redact how they please. If it is entered into record in the court, it typically isn't redacted although sometimes things like this are parts of sealed entries. It's dumb, but since when has government methodology made sense?