Burnstein video reporting Gambino-Colombo beef

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Burnstein video reporting Gambino-Colombo beef

Post by aray22 »

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Burnstein video reporting Gambino-Colombo beef

Post by johnny_scootch »

An interesting situation for sure.

I feel like Scott’s been around to long to be getting the little things as wrong as he does sometimes. In one breath he says Mike Scotto isn’t made and the next they’re trying to ‘shelve him’ smh. Then he labels Nicky Corozzo a Gotti loyalist meanwhile he was one of Gottis greatest adversaries within the family who at one point had plans to kill Jr. I could nitpick more but I’m sure you get my drift.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:26 pm An interesting situation for sure.

I feel like Scott’s been around to long to be getting the little things as wrong as he does sometimes. In one breath he says Mike Scotto isn’t made and the next they’re trying to ‘shelve him’ smh. Then he labels Nicky Corozzo a Gotti loyalist meanwhile he was one of Gottis greatest adversaries within the family who at one point had plans to kill Jr. I could nitpick more but I’m sure you get my drift.
What's with all those pics of Jojo Corozzo hanging out with Gotti Sr., given that Little Nick didn't get along with Gotti? Seems odd.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:10 pm What's with all those pics of Jojo Corozzo hanging out with Gotti Sr., given that Little Nick didn't get along with Gotti? Seems odd.
Yeah they’re brothers but they’re also separate human beings. Nicky stayed in Canarsie, Jojo stayed in City Line/Queens. Jojo was close with Gotti, Nicky was the opposite. Simple as that.

Nicky and John Sr rivalry if you want to call it that went all the way back to when they were young. They’re the same age and bumped heads with their street crews in the early days.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:53 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:10 pm What's with all those pics of Jojo Corozzo hanging out with Gotti Sr., given that Little Nick didn't get along with Gotti? Seems odd.
Yeah they’re brothers but they’re also separate human beings. Nicky stayed in Canarsie, Jojo stayed in City Line/Queens. Jojo was close with Gotti, Nicky was the opposite. Simple as that.

Nicky and John Sr rivalry if you want to call it that went all the way back to when they were young. They’re the same age and bumped heads with their street crews in the early days.
Thanks for the info. 8-)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Is this Scotto kid the son of Rosanna Scotto? The news anchor.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:10 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:26 pm An interesting situation for sure.

What's with all those pics of Jojo Corozzo hanging out with Gotti Sr., given that Little Nick didn't get along with Gotti? Seems odd.
I think thats over blown. Scars said so in one his videos.
Last edited by Cheech on Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Unfortunately it happens often. I saw a video where he said the colombos were the biggest family. I immediately turned it off.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

johnny_scootch is right a lot of their problems came from when they were younger. For example Charles Carneglia stabbed Lenny DiMaria's nephew to death in the late 70s. That caused a huge beef between the crews.

But I definitely think there was mutual respect between the two. John Gotti relinquished a lot of control about a year before he passed away. Gotti sent a message through Joseph Corozzo jr that Pete Gotti is boss, Arnold Squitieri underboss and the consigliere position to one of John Jr, Jackie D'Amico or Nicky Corozzo. Gotti Jr was still in prison and so was Corozzo, D'Amico was getting out around that time and of course the position ended up going to JoJo.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Cheech wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:14 am I think thats over blown. Scars said so in one his videos.
Some people definitely make more of it than they should but what I’m saying is these 2 guys did not like each other and Nicky is definitely not someone that should or could be considered a ‘Gotti loyalist’ in any degree.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:55 am
Cheech wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:14 am I think thats over blown. Scars said so in one his videos.
Some people definitely make more of it than they should but what I’m saying is these 2 guys did not like each other and Nicky is definitely not someone that should or could be considered a ‘Gotti loyalist’ in any degree.
Agreed
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:12 am Is this Scotto kid the son of Rosanna Scotto? The news anchor.
Crazy if true, that family is worth a fortune
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:12 am Is this Scotto kid the son of Rosanna Scotto? The news anchor.
No. Scotto is her maiden name, her married name is Ruggiero so her kids have that last name.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Scott is lost when it comes to the NY mob scene. I'm really not trying to bash the guy just giving my honest opinion based on things I've seen him report since he took his website behind a paywall. Certain details he's off on and he seems to exaggerates a lot for example reporting that John Campanella is Nicholas Calisi's liaison to the other families. He got that from the Campanella sentencing memo. It's all based on the fact that Ralph Balsamo wanted to introduce Campanella officially to Ernie Aiello and had to get permission from Calisi to make the introduction. It doesn't make him a liaison, both Campanella and Aiello are Bronx guys they probably know each other going years back. He just exaggerated the whole thing to make it a better story.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

I didnt think Billy Scotto was related to Tony Scotto waterfront guy. I’m not sure where Scott got that from, but I’ve never heard of Billy being related to him. Scotto is an incredibly common last name.

Billy due for a new 3 year bid - guy gets popped for an extortion every 5 years or so it seems.