Milwaukee Family associate Peter Picciurro passed away

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Milwaukee Family associate Peter Picciurro passed away

Post by Patrickgold »

Peter Pitch Picciurro passed away a couple of days ago. He was Frank Balistrieri’s cousin. Despite the internet rumors he was not the boss and was probably only an associate of the family, never made. He was a bookmaker by trade. One of the last ones still alive. Not sure who is still left except John Balistrieri. I use to see Peter at Pitch’s restaurant sitting in the bar area. Very nice guy.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/na ... SS-oYx8f5A
cavita
Full Patched

Re: Milwaukee Family associate Peter Picciurro passed away

Post by cavita »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:50 pm Peter Pitch Picciurro passed away a couple of days ago. He was Frank Balistrieri’s cousin. Despite the internet rumors he was not the boss and was probably only an associate of the family, never made. He was a bookmaker by trade. One of the last ones still alive. Not sure who is still left except John Balistrieri. I use to see Peter at Pitch’s restaurant sitting in the bar area. Very nice guy.

Was his father Phil Picciurro who was arrested in 1934 with Vincenzo Troia and Frank Longo? What's the Picciurro pedigree, if you know?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

cavita wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:20 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:50 pm Peter Pitch Picciurro passed away a couple of days ago. He was Frank Balistrieri’s cousin. Despite the internet rumors he was not the boss and was probably only an associate of the family, never made. He was a bookmaker by trade. One of the last ones still alive. Not sure who is still left except John Balistrieri. I use to see Peter at Pitch’s restaurant sitting in the bar area. Very nice guy.

Was his father Phil Picciurro who was arrested in 1934 with Vincenzo Troia and Frank Longo? What's the Picciurro pedigree, if you know?
I believe is father was John Picciurro who was also a part of the Milwaukee Family. I’m sure he’s related to Phil Picciurro.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 pm

I believe is father was John Picciurro who was also a part of the Milwaukee Family. I’m sure he’s related to Phil Picciurro.
Ok....I know there was also a Dominic Picciurro who was pretty active in the 1930s with Jack Enea I think.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

cavita wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:28 pm

Ok....I know there was also a Dominic Picciurro who was pretty active in the 1930s with Jack Enea I think.
Dominic was the brother of John Picciurro, so he was Peter's uncle. They were from Bagheria I believe. I'm not sure about Phil Picciurro. John's sister married Frank's father Joe Balistrieri but John Picciurro was married to another Balestrere who I believe was a cousin of the Balistrieris from Aspra.

The Picciurros were also related to member Vincent Mercurio and his nephews the Maniacis. John and Dominic Picciurro's uncle was married to Mercurio's sister.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:59 pm
cavita wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:28 pm

Dominic was the brother of John Picciurro, so he was Peter's uncle. They were from Bagheria I believe. I'm not sure about Phil Picciurro. John's sister married Frank's father Joe Balistrieri but John Picciurro was married to another Balestrere who I believe was a cousin of the Balistrieris from Aspra.

The Picciurros were also related to member Vincent Mercurio and his nephews the Maniacis. John and Dominic Picciurro's uncle was married to Mercurio's sister.
I'm getting the feeling that Phil Picciurro was really John Picciurro and he was using the alias Phil. I can't find anything further on this Phil other than he was arrested with Troia and Longo in 1934 and was listed as living in Beloit, Wisconsin.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Me neither. Can't find anyone named Phil that fits.

I'm sure Longo in particular had close ties to the Bagheresi given he had been living in the Frankfort / Utica area which was a mafia colony dominated by members from Bagheria that included San Giuseppe Jato natives too. Michele Mineo was a Bagherese member in Utica before Chicago then Milwaukee and as you know Salvatore Immordino from San Giuseppe Jato had lived in that area before Wisconsin / Illinois.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I saw Scott B. already put the death on his website and claims he was boss. As I said earlier, he probably was never made. Surprised Scott B puts internet rumors up. There is no evidence on what he put. He said FBI sources. Would love to know the sources
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:11 am I saw Scott B. already put the death on his website and claims he was boss. As I said earlier, he probably was never made. Surprised Scott B puts internet rumors up. There is no evidence on what he put. He said FBI sources. Would love to know the sources
Did he inherit rackets from his associates who were made?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:17 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:11 am I saw Scott B. already put the death on his website and claims he was boss. As I said earlier, he probably was never made. Surprised Scott B puts internet rumors up. There is no evidence on what he put. He said FBI sources. Would love to know the sources
He didn’t have any rackets. There were like 5 slot machines in his place but it’s legal for each establishment to own up to 5 machines I believe. There was no booking operation going on in his restaurant. I’m not sure where Scott B is getting his info from that he had rackets. I know he’s on this forum so maybe he can explain.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:44 pm
He didn’t have any rackets. There were like 5 slot machines in his place but it’s legal for each establishment to own up to 5 machines I believe. There was no booking operation going on in his restaurant. I’m not sure where Scott B is getting his info from that he had rackets. I know he’s on this forum so maybe he can explain.

You said in your original post he was a bookmaker by trade

Bookmaking naturally leads to loansharking, stolen property, etc. Those are rackets.

How is Scott so far off that he says he was a capo, consigliere and boss but youre saying he wasnt made, barely an associate and had no rackets? Truth is somewhere in the middle.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:58 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:44 pm

You said in your original post he was a bookmaker by trade

Bookmaking naturally leads to loansharking, stolen property, etc. Those are rackets.

How is Scott so far off that he says he was a capo, consigliere and boss but youre saying he wasnt made, barely an associate and had no rackets? Truth is somewhere in the middle.
The 1993 FBI list of Milwaukee made members did not list him as a member. Google his name and you will see why people think he is a boss bc it’s on Wikipedia and other unverified reports. Show me one law enforcement report that says he was involved in the 1990s and 2000s or was even made. He was a bookmaker by trade from the 1950s until 1980s from my understanding.

Better question is to ask Scott where he got the information that he was made bc I have seen nothing to say he was
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I wonder what sources the FBI had inside of Milwaukee in later decades. Obviously the Family was dwindling but they hadn't had Maniaci since the 1970s. They had at least one other member source who continued to provide info after Maniaci was killed but if it's one of the candidates I think it was they may have been dead or out of the picture.

I doubt Milwaukee was rebuilding in any significant way but I'm also not sure the FBI had sources who were able to tell them about inductions, etc. in the 1980s and 90s. We've seen in other small Families who had limited sources that the FBI's info completely dries up when those sources die or become inactive.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:15 pm I wonder what sources the FBI had inside of Milwaukee in later decades. Obviously the Family was dwindling but they hadn't had Maniaci since the 1970s. They had at least one other member source who continued to provide info after Maniaci was killed but if it's one of the candidates I think it was they may have been dead or out of the picture.

I doubt Milwaukee was rebuilding in any significant way but I'm also not sure the FBI had sources who were able to tell them about inductions, etc. in the 1980s and 90s. We've seen in other small Families who had limited sources that the FBI's info completely dries up when those sources die or become inactive.
Very true. Maniaci was the main source of information for the FBI as to the Rockford family and when he was killed in September 1975 that information dried up. So much so I think that it was the reason the FBI closed their files on the Rockford family as a whole by June 1976. With that info gone, source info dried up for Milwaukee as well even though Maniaci was pretty much shut out by the time of his death.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The other informant(s) came from the anti-Balistrieri faction and I've suspected that Vito Aiello and/or Vincent Maniaci were candidates but Aiello died in 1981 and though Maniaci died in 1998 he had been on the outs (even surviving a murder attempt) and I believe he was spending time far from Milwaukee for a while. Balistrieri targeted other suspected informants but I don't think any of them were more than associates.