Luciano Induction

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

ItzPurpleAki
Associate

Luciano Induction

Post by ItzPurpleAki »

Rewatching Boardwalk Empire and Luciano is portrayed as Rothstein’s lackey and not a person to be taken seriously by the bosses in the early seasons with Nucky and his brothers smacking him around in season 1. I’ve heard his induction date floated around as 1917, 1919 or 1922 and if so who was his likely sponsor and what were the circumstances around his induction?
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Re: Luciano Induction

Post by Sullycantwell »

The 5 family induction thread says 1919, which would’ve made him a made member when cooperating with authorities for the 1923 heroin dealing charge. Doesn’t appear he gave up any organizational information though. The April 2012 informer about Luciano makes no mention of Luciano’s making ceremony or date. 1919 is very interesting because it doesn’t appear he was a big name, he didn’t work with Rothstein until a couple years later I’m pretty sure and seems to just be running gambling and maybe dealing drugs. Not too sure on how big the operations were though, maybe they netted lots of money.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I wonder what the source is for that date?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

The Treasury Department (the Bureau of Narcotics, the Secret Service and the IRS were all under Treasury) gave a couple different years. I think one was in the early 1920s and the other around 1919. In neither example did it show the source of the information.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:54 pm The Treasury Department (the Bureau of Narcotics, the Secret Service and the IRS were all under Treasury) gave a couple different years. I think one was in the early 1920s and the other around 1919. In neither example did it show the source of the information.
Thank you. I guess the only thing we can say with some certainty is that Luciano was made prior to 1923 because that's the year Gyp DeCarlo said Vito Genovese told him he was made.