General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Frank »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:19 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wHn9nJX ... e=youtu.be

Again I’m reposting from GBB but apparently Red Wemette “confirms” DiFronzo was an informant at the 18:33 min mark...

Not sure how tf he could have possibly known...
Yes this came out about a year ago. He said he was shown a file by was it Marrs?
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Frank wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:03 am
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:19 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wHn9nJX ... e=youtu.be

Again I’m reposting from GBB but apparently Red Wemette “confirms” DiFronzo was an informant at the 18:33 min mark...

Yes this came out about a year ago. He said he was shown a file by was it Marrs?
Why would the fbi show him a file like that? Not sure what the feds would have to gain from that...

And if no nose was the boss and there hasn’t been much major indictments since the family secrets then what could he be informing on? Wouldn’t the Feds have all kinds of info on Zizzo disappearance and other unsolved outfit related murders and activities leading to indictments?

It’s certainly possible no nose informed at some point...but the information you provide has to be be greater or equal to what the feds have on you...they’re not going to leave you outside of a murder indictment bc you give up some info on burglars or a few shake downs...that information isn’t worth the higher charges.

Maybe he had detailed information of some sort of union infiltration and murders that happened in the 80s/90s that made the prosecution leave him out of family secrets.

Or maybe he had high level information regarding drug trafficking or public works corruption that made it worth the feds not inducting him.

Just curious what he could’ve given them to more or less let him slide on murders.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:16 pm

Why would the fbi show him a file like that? Not sure what the feds would have to gain from that...

And if no nose was the boss and there hasn’t been much major indictments since the family secrets then what could he be informing on? Wouldn’t the Feds have all kinds of info on Zizzo disappearance and other unsolved outfit related murders and activities leading to indictments?

It’s certainly possible no nose informed at some point...but the information you provide has to be be greater or equal to what the feds have on you...they’re not going to leave you outside of a murder indictment bc you give up some info on burglars or a few shake downs...that information isn’t worth the higher charges.

Maybe he had detailed information of some sort of union infiltration and murders that happened in the 80s/90s that made the prosecution leave him out of family secrets.

Or maybe he had high level information regarding drug trafficking or public works corruption that made it worth the feds not inducting him.

Just curious what he could’ve given them to more or less let him slide on murders.
I dont think anyone on this Forum is ready to believeRed Wemette yet. Thete was info that came out when Pete DiFronzo died, that Pete and John were under investigation in around the mid 90s. That info conflicts with some theories that he became a cooperator before that time period. I believe it was pointed out that it would be illegal for Marrs to reveal the names of informants.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I believe Red. Prosecutors do sometimes bend the rules, and that shouldn't surprise anybody.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

So is it confirmed that it was Rudy Fratto who died?

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

No official sources have confirmed it. Someone earlier in the thread said it was a different Rudy Fratto.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I gathered from watching that clip that if Schweihs made it to the family secrets trial; its possible intel about Difronzo being informant would of came out.

There is many reason(s) why the feds could of shared that info with Red:
•maybe they wanted to cross-reference some information with Red
•he might of been relucant about giving some information about some people, places, or things and the feds say hey, look this mob life is over, even the boss flipped, see.
•some counter intelligence or surveillance technique.
•it could of been a ruse, a lie, a way in govt/military terms to "dangle" or "false flag."
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

My opinion from years reading all sources I can get my hands on....it is very unlikely DiFronzo informed on the Outfit. Besides Joe Fosco and Red Wemette, I've never seen or heard any reliable source refering to him as an informant. No wiretaps our outfit chat about it, no official confirmations. Now throw in the recent report that both Difronzos were under surveillance in the mid 90's as part of a failed FBI investigation, and it seems less likely still.

Many of the reasons you list above seem valid. However, I never thought about the possibility that while he may not have informed on the outift, I suppose he could have informed about other activities unrelated to direct outfit business.

Maybe one days we will be able to see some FBI files......
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Frank wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:36 pm

I dont think anyone on this Forum is ready to believeRed Wemette yet. Thete was info that came out when Pete DiFronzo died, that Pete and John were under investigation in around the mid 90s. That info conflicts with some theories that he became a cooperator before that time period. I believe it was pointed out that it would be illegal for Marrs to reveal the names of informants.
I guess. But also it could be an investigation then once the investigating body found out from govt official that he was informing they said to halt it(especially if one was state and other was federal) Also, maybe there was talk in the streets around that time he was an informant and they put on this investigation. Seems like alot of worl for a false flag investigation but we have all seen govt officials go to greater lengths to convict/ or try and caught or trip someone up. More over, govt agencies not coordinating amongst each other to keep each other apprised of ongoing investigations is not uncommon for 3 primary reasons imo
1) look at 9/11.(bureaucratic quagmire)
2) corruption
3) technology was not what it was then (still back then i would say 3/4 of stuff was still on paper.

I am not questioning your knowledge or expertise. Your understanding is far deeper than mine. Just being devils advocate if you will.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Lol there is no chance Wemette was shown that fucking file.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

funkster wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm Lol there is no chance Wemette was shown that fucking file.
Agreed. If he didn't have that sit and talk show he wouldn't be making that claim.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I'm not sure what to believe. It's tough for me to say one way or the other without additional corroboration. I'm curious as to why he didn't mention it earlier, either in his book or in any of his various Facebook chats or videos. One may assume it's because DiFronzo was still alive but this was the same guy who testified against, and helped put away, Frank Schweihs. Even if DiFronzo was the boss, Schweihs would still be the last guy I'd want to be on the bad side of.

You could also argue that maybe there was some gag that was placed on him by the feds but typically the feds don't allow this to expire or lapse upon the death of an informant, let alone share who their informants are with other CIs or CWs. It's just puzzling to me. Excepting some colossal fuck up, it's difficult for me to imagine them giving Red this info. I guess you have Fosco saying the same thing but his stance is also strange considering he never mentioned it even back when he had a major axe to grind with DiFronzo.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Also, the investigation in the 90s seemed like more of a Chicago PD investigation with some assistance from the FBI than a full blown RICO case.

Additionally, DiFronzo was a prospective defendant in Family Secrets pretty late and he wasn't the only one that wasn't brought to trial. Joey Hansen -- whom Antilliar, myself, and others believe to still be alive -- was also not brought to trial. Lou Marino was also placed at the Spilotro murder scene but left off the indictment. Now, this may be presumably because he was already serving a long sentence and would be (and was) an old man when released (if he even survived his sentence) so they assumed he wasn't worth it but who knows, the feds are not known for being lenient in LCN cases.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

cavita wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:18 pm
funkster wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm Lol there is no chance Wemette was shown that fucking file.
Agreed. If he didn't have that sit and talk show he wouldn't be making that claim.
He told me this last year. He's been honest about his personal experiences and I didn't see any reason why he would lie to me personally. He said Mitch Mars showed it to him or allowed him to see it. He didn't say that Mars allowed him to rifle through any files, just that this information was allowed to be visible in front of him. Maybe Mars had a moment of sloppiness. He was dying of cancer, after all. Anyways, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. As far as officially finding out through the FBI releasing the information, that's very unlikely. With a few exceptions the FBI restricts releasing the names of CI's forever.

As for DiFronzo being a CI protecting him from Family Secrets, we don't know that. There could have been other reasons. As Snakes points out, Hansen (if he's still alive) and Marino weren't charged either, and there's no belief that either of them were CI's.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antilliar believing it does add a layer of legitimacy to it, at least for me.

Red was (and is) a little weird. He once directly asked if I was a fed which was both flattering and ridiculous at the same time considering there was nothing on my profile that would identify me as such.