General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by bronx »

never read the book, thanks Richard..i feel Sam is making this up..sam did not need to get out to have butch killed, he had a deadly crew, he was underboss, and a vindictive guy. sam says gotti talked to brown aout it? not even genie? but never frankie loc in the apartment? gotti was feeling frank out about killing sam..why not use that on frank to have sam killed,butch was not even taken down for it, and side note, h they both didn't think being together the cell was not bugged? after hearing all those tapes they still talk about murders the did..this is fantasy
JOJO
Honorary Member

Roach Rampino's son

Post by JOJO »

What ended up happening to him?

His name is Anthony rampino jr
rory
Prospect

Re: Roach Rampino's son

Post by rory »

he was spotted at the 7/11
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Kick Ups

Post by Etna »

So does anyone know the typical percentages guys have kicked up? I assume each family is different and with each boss in power.

Do the underboss and consig get a piece of the tribute given to the boss?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Kick Ups

Post by chin_gigante »

Depends on the situation. Chin took very little from his captains because he had enough from his own rackets and the added bonus is there's less of a financial trail. Bosses can have different arrangements for different members. Harry Riccobene only kicked up to Bruno in Philly at Christmas. The Jersey faction of the Luchese family had a great deal of independence and financial autonomy under Corallo and then that changed dramatically under Vic and Gas. The Mikey Scars interview in the mugshots section he details how much he specifically kicked up to the Gambino administration in the 1990s
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know how many people nicky scarfo had killed during his reign on the streets?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:56 pm Anyone know how many people nicky scarfo had killed during his reign on the streets?
Harry Peetros (May 1981)
Chelsais Bouras/ Jannette Curro (May 1981)
John Calabrese (Oct 1981)
Frank Narducci (Jan 1982)
Vincent Panetta/ Michelle Podraza (Feb 1982)
Dominick DeVito (Feb 1982)
Robert Hornickle (Jan 1983)
Pasquale Spirito (Apr 1983)
Salvatore Tamburrino (Nov 1983)
Matteo Sollena/ Salvatore Sollena (Nov 1983)
Robert Riccobene (Dec 1983)
Salvatore Testa (Sep 1984)
Frank D'Alfonso (Jul 1985)

Not attributable to Scarfo:

Frank Monte (May 1982) carried out by the Riccobene faction
Enrico Riccobene (Dec 1983) suicide
Michael Micali (Sep 1984) most likely done by the Turras on their own; I've only seen one source attribute this to Scarfo
Frank Forlini (Feb 1985) unsanctioned

Other Philly mob hits in the 1980s:

Angelo Bruno (Mar 1980)
Antonio Caponigro/ Alfred Salerno (Apr 1980) committed by the Gigante/ Canterino crew of the Genovese family
John Simone (Sep 1980) committed by the Aurello crew of the Gambino family
Frank Sindone (Oct 1980)
John McCullough (Dec 1980)
Frank Stillitano (Feb 1981)
Philip Testa (Mar 1981)

Rocco Marinucci was involved in another murder in either 1980 or 1981 but I don't believe it was mob-related
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe the Sollenas were killed by the Cherry Hill Gambinos in Jersey. Larry Merlino and, if memory serves, Ligambi were suspected of helping to dump one of the bodies but I don't remember if that was ever confirmed.

Where Peetros, Panetta and Podraza Scarfo hit's or were they done by the Riccobene Crew or the Turras? I forgot.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I believe Peetros went on Scarfo's orders same as Bouras. Panetta and Podraza there isn't much information on. I haven't seen anything tying it to the Riccobenes or Turras.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

aleksandrored wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:13 pm A silly question ... but as you research the Mafia?, I'm not talking about the sites but rather the method, first look for newspapers, articles, FBI Files, books? or by names or the criminal family? is that sometimes I'm kind of lost where to start.
This is the best collection of resources regarding the Mafia I've ever seen:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2325

Antiliar put it to together.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Etna wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:46 am Do the underboss and consig get a piece of the tribute given to the boss?
Yes. In 2010, Colombo underboss Benjamin Castellazzo received tribute from the family's Figli di Santa Rosalia rackets and received $500 from the pizza-sauce shakedown of Eugene Lombardo. Similarly, the unnamed Bonanno consigliere also received $500 from the Lombardo shakedown, showing that both underbosses and consiglieres get a piece of the family's tribute payments.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Thanks Gohn!
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:43 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:56 pm Anyone know how many people nicky scarfo had killed during his reign on the streets?
Harry Peetros (May 1981)
Chelsais Bouras/ Jannette Curro (May 1981)
John Calabrese (Oct 1981)
Frank Narducci (Jan 1982)
Vincent Panetta/ Michelle Podraza (Feb 1982)
Dominick DeVito (Feb 1982)
Robert Hornickle (Jan 1983)
Pasquale Spirito (Apr 1983)
Salvatore Tamburrino (Nov 1983)
Matteo Sollena/ Salvatore Sollena (Nov 1983)
Robert Riccobene (Dec 1983)
Salvatore Testa (Sep 1984)
Frank D'Alfonso (Jul 1985)

Not attributable to Scarfo:

Frank Monte (May 1982) carried out by the Riccobene faction
Enrico Riccobene (Dec 1983) suicide
Michael Micali (Sep 1984) most likely done by the Turras on their own; I've only seen one source attribute this to Scarfo
Frank Forlini (Feb 1985) unsanctioned

Other Philly mob hits in the 1980s:

Angelo Bruno (Mar 1980)
Antonio Caponigro/ Alfred Salerno (Apr 1980) committed by the Gigante/ Canterino crew of the Genovese family
John Simone (Sep 1980) committed by the Aurello crew of the Gambino family
Frank Sindone (Oct 1980)
John McCullough (Dec 1980)
Frank Stillitano (Feb 1981)
Philip Testa (Mar 1981)

Rocco Marinucci was involved in another murder in either 1980 or 1981 but I don't believe it was mob-related
How many of the hits did salvie testa do?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I forgot Rocco Marinucci, add that to Mar 1982.

From what we know, Salvie Testa was a shooter in the Michael Cifelli murder in 1979. During the 80s he was personally involved in the hits on Frank Sindone, Frank Narducci and Rocco Marinucci
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:18 pm
Etna wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:46 am Do the underboss and consig get a piece of the tribute given to the boss?
Yes. In 2010, Colombo underboss Benjamin Castellazzo received tribute from the family's Figli di Santa Rosalia rackets and received $500 from the pizza-sauce shakedown of Eugene Lombardo. Similarly, the unnamed Bonanno consigliere also received $500 from the Lombardo shakedown, showing that both underbosses and consiglieres get a piece of the family's tribute payments.
Yeah, traditionally speaking, all those in the administration are entitled to tribute from the family.
All roads lead to New York.