How Vic Amuso became the boss according to Vincent “Fish” Cafaro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: How Vic Amuso became the boss according to Vincent “Fish” Cafaro

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:05 pm I always wondered if Amuso and Casso never even ordered the hit on Al and it was a coup attempt by Lastorino and a few other guys.
Good theory. Lastorino is on the shelf, and we speculate (vs know) (Testa etc).

Ive always found D'Arco's hotel story, not believable.
(In no particular order)
1. They let the hitman, DeSantis in, after the 'meetings' done? Whens that ever been done? You get sent for, go to a meeting, walk into a room and bam. Instead they actually have a pointless whole meeting and THEN DeSantis rocks up?
2. Mike DeSantis Doesnt even do the hit. He rocks up, with a 'visible' gun apparently, then goes to the bathroom to deposit the gun?? Why not just walk in and clip him? Why not put a gun in the bathroom before D'Arco arrvied? Why not just have someone wait in the bathroom and clip D'Arco when he walks in??
3. De Santis was wearying a bulky bulletproof vest? GTFOH. He was expecting a shootout? 5 guys in a room all 'wanting' D'Arco clipped and D'Arco's going to wrestle the piece of DeSantis and have a Western?

Its bullshit IMO. Guy dont get clipped like that. They wanted him dead, they wouldve clipped him when he walked in. Everything else doesnt make sense. And we're talking seasoned killers here, not rookies.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Were Casso and Amuso were crazy psychopaths? They had targeted their own crime family members such as Salerno and Dilapi before going after fat Pete Chiodo's sister
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

davidf1989 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:02 am Were Casso and Amuso were crazy psychopaths? They had targeted their own crime family members such as Salerno and Dilapi before going after fat Pete Chiodo's sister
Its commonly recognized Casso is a certified psychopath.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:01 pm
newera_212 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:05 pm I always wondered if Amuso and Casso never even ordered the hit on Al and it was a coup attempt by Lastorino and a few other guys.
Good theory. Lastorino is on the shelf, and we speculate (vs know) (Testa etc).

Ive always found D'Arco's hotel story, not believable.
(In no particular order)
1. They let the hitman, DeSantis in, after the 'meetings' done? Whens that ever been done? You get sent for, go to a meeting, walk into a room and bam. Instead they actually have a pointless whole meeting and THEN DeSantis rocks up?
2. Mike DeSantis Doesnt even do the hit. He rocks up, with a 'visible' gun apparently, then goes to the bathroom to deposit the gun?? Why not just walk in and clip him? Why not put a gun in the bathroom before D'Arco arrvied? Why not just have someone wait in the bathroom and clip D'Arco when he walks in??
3. De Santis was wearying a bulky bulletproof vest? GTFOH. He was expecting a shootout? 5 guys in a room all 'wanting' D'Arco clipped and D'Arco's going to wrestle the piece of DeSantis and have a Western?

Its bullshit IMO. Guy dont get clipped like that. They wanted him dead, they wouldve clipped him when he walked in. Everything else doesnt make sense. And we're talking seasoned killers here, not rookies.
In his book, D’Arco explained that his reputation after that hit was slowly deteriorating.He used to always talk with Jimmy Ida but now Ida didn’t want to speak with him anymore, it was as if someone put word out that D’Arco was a rat but this is the way that D’Arco explained it in his book.
The way D’Arco explained the hotel situation also made it seem that something was going to happen to him.Pennisi has also made a video about this, he said that from what he heard on the street, it seemed like they were going to hit D’Arco on that day.
This hit does seem a little difficult to pull of because it’s in a hotel, what would they do just leave D’Arco’s body right there.All those people in the hotel did see all of them come in to.There would have been a lot of evidence left behind.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

davidf1989 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:02 am Were Casso and Amuso were crazy psychopaths? They had targeted their own crime family members such as Salerno and Dilapi before going after fat Pete Chiodo's sister
DiLapi refused to come in when he was called.In that life, that means the death penalty.Even DiLapi knew that I’m sure.
Salerno was not revealing all of the money that he made.I remember this had something to do with a dump site he had.Amuso viewed Salerno as someone who could also possibly challenge him because he thought Salerno was disappointed when he was not selected to be boss or even participate in its administration.
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

Pennisi confirming they were gonna hit him that day is solid info. He has no reason to lie about this. But I have to say whoever came up with the idea to hit D’arco there has to be the dumbest fucking wiseguy of all time.
I know that place very well, pretty quiet hotel with doormen, concierge and staff always present in the lobby. Actual people living there. It is absolutely impossible to shoot somebody there and remove the body without being heard or attracting attention.
Let alone the fact that it is a mere 10 min walk from the damn U.N so it always has some foreign officials or the secret service roaming around. These guys had to know this since they had used the place before.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Charlie wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:14 pm Pennisi confirming they were gonna hit him that day is solid info. He has no reason to lie about this. But I have to say whoever came up with the idea to hit D’arco there has to be the dumbest fucking wiseguy of all time.
I know that place very well, pretty quiet hotel with doormen, concierge and staff always present in the lobby. Actual people living there. It is absolutely impossible to shoot somebody there and remove the body without being heard or attracting attention.
Let alone the fact that it is a mere 10 min walk from the damn U.N so it always has some foreign officials or the secret service roaming around. These guys had to know this since they had used the place before.
Casso claimed in his book that D’Arco was stealing but he also claimed that D’Arco wasn’t supposed to be hit in the hotel room.Issue is that his book is full of lies so I take whatever Casso says with a grain of salt.
Surely something must have been going on because this moment led D’Arco into the arms of the FBI.It certainly does seem like a difficult task to kill anybody in that hotel room without leaving behind evidence.Maybe there is more to this story that we do not know about.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Has Joseph DeFede talked/testified about the D'Arco hit situation? He must've known something given he took over right after him pretty much. Probably floating in some 302.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

nizarsoccer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:07 pm Has Joseph DeFede talked/testified about the D'Arco hit situation? He must've known something given he took over right after him pretty much. Probably floating in some 302.
There is not much info out there on DeFede unfortunately.I believe he is very underrated, never hear anyone talk about and not even D’Arco in his book but D’Arco did provide information about him in this court document that I found https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/di ... 0/2577438/
FOIA on Joseph DeFede needs to be done, his 302s must be very interesting.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Charlie wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:14 pm Pennisi confirming they were gonna hit him that day is solid info. He has no reason to lie about this. But I have to say whoever came up with the idea to hit D’arco there has to be the dumbest fucking wiseguy of all time.
Charlie, much love and respect. You and bronx are the only guys I believe who are 'on the ground'.
But you prove my point that this 'hit' was bullshit.

I mentioned a bunch of reasons above, and combined with yours above, anyone want to put their hand up and disagree?
Please state why when you do,

Charlie, hope you and yours are well and healthy.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:33 pm
Charlie, much love and respect. You and bronx are the only guys I believe who are 'on the ground'.

I mentioned a bunch of reasons above, and combined with yours above, anyone want to put their hand up and disagree?

In D’Arco’s book he says that his reputation around this time was being tainted.Suddenly, guys didn’t want to really speak with him.DeSantis bringing a gun into the hotel room.The fact that this led to D’Arco running to the FBI suggests that something was going on.Pennisi also has given some conformation about this.
Though even with all of this, it still sounds crazy to do this at the Kimberly hotel because of the reasons that already have been stated
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:33 pm

Sonny, thank you so much. How are you doing brother? I hope all is well with you and your family.

Quite frankly I always thought D'Arco's paranoia so got the better of him that he thought he was getting clipped that day at the Kimberly (who could blame him with such lunatics?).

I have to say though as far as informants, Pennisi strikes me as a guy who's pretty honest. He doesn't exaggerate or make himself the richest or baddest wiseguy around, quite the opposite in fact. If he was told several times from people that were present that day that D'Arco was going it is credible.

I agree with all your points except the seasoned killers part. These guys were killers for sure but very unprofessional, dare one say amateurish. Hitting a guy in such a stupid place is right up their alley.
Who knows? D'Arco had in effect been demoted by that time, his rep was in shambles on the streets and within the family and was suspected of witholding money from the bosses. Not like Amuso and Casso needed any incentive to kill anybody.
I'm conflicted, on the one hand I cannot see why they would clip him there and everything you mention makes the story sound fishy. On the other hand Pennisi's account is very credible.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

I agree. It is confusing.
As you say, Pennisi believes as D'Arco does, that he was going to be clipped. Yet the circumstances seem questionable.

I am curious as to where Pennisi got his info from. If Mike himself said he was going to clip Al, then that puts it to bed, but if its third party washer women gossip, he's no better informed than us on the board.

We'll likely never know.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:44 am I agree. It is confusing.
As you say, Pennisi believes as D'Arco does, that he was going to be clipped. Yet the circumstances seem questionable.

I am curious as to where Pennisi got his info from. If Mike himself said he was going to clip Al, then that puts it to bed, but if its third party washer women gossip, he's no better informed than us on the board.

We'll likely never know.
Good point. I always assumed Pennisi heard it directly from DeSantis or more likely, Dellorusso (who had just been moved out of Al's crew around that time). Those two seem like the only people around today who overlapped with that crazy early 90s transition / bloodletting period . I'm sure there's a couple more too but I can't think of any off the top of my head. A DeSantis back story would be kind of cool - I think he was brought in through Chiodo or Pagliarulo but even from a younger age seemed like a big shot in his own right
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:41 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:44 am I agree. It is confusing.

We'll likely never know.
Good point. I always assumed Pennisi heard it directly from DeSantis or more likely, Dellorusso (who had just been moved out of Al's crew around that time). Those two seem like the only people around today who overlapped with that crazy early 90s transition / bloodletting period . I'm sure there's a couple more too but I can't think of any off the top of my head. A DeSantis back story would be kind of cool - I think he was brought in through Chiodo or Pagliarulo but even from a younger age seemed like a big shot in his own right
DeSantis was an associate in Chiodo’s Brooklyn crew located in McDonald Avenue.DeSantis has proven himself as an earner and as a capable guy.He also did 18 years in prison.I don’t think that Pennisi heard it from DeSantis or Dellorusso because I think he would have mentioned it.