General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by toto »

Yeah, there's no rule like that. Giuseppe Di Peri (Villabate) and his son Salvatore (age 23) were murdered together in 1995. Salvatore shot 8 times in the face. It was part of the struggle between Provenzano and Bagarella which took place after Riina was arrested.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

http://nypost.com/2016/06/07/ex-restaur ... he-victim/

"In April, Assistant US Attorney Russell Capone said that FBI agent Joseph Downs approached Peralta in the middle of a $19,000 payment to a member of an unidentified organized crime family. The transaction was learned to be part of Peralta’s alleged scheme."

Anyone have any further info?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Rereading D'Arco's book at one point he talks about one guy being made because his father owned a ton of parking lots in Brooklyn, does anyone know who he is talking about?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Interesting
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Cleveland UnderBoss Leo Lips Moceri was killed by Danny Greene and his crew during their war with the Cleveland family.

I'm sure there were several Chicago members who were killed during the various wars with the Northside gang and the others crews during Prohibition.

Pogo
Salvatore Todaro who may of been the acting boss / underboss was killed by angelo lonardo
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Nowhere to throw this question and don't want to create another thread for something not requiring a discussion.

Is anyone in touch with or heard from PB/East Bronx?

It's Christmas and I wouldn't mind dropping him a merry Xmas note.

If anyone has any info or an email please PM me.

Cheers
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

I was reading one of Bill Bonanno's books and he says the consigliere position is an "elected" position by the family and not decided by the boss? I've never heard of this before. I find it doubtful. Anyone ever hear of this?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Raven wrote:I was reading one of Bill Bonanno's books and he says the consigliere position is an "elected" position by the family and not decided by the boss? I've never heard of this before. I find it doubtful. Anyone ever hear of this?

It was indeed true when it first came about (either voted by the members or just the Capos depending on the family) but that didn't last long. Seems by the 60s/70s the Boss just put in whoever they wanted.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Nowhere to throw this question and don't want to create another thread for something not requiring a discussion.

Is anyone in touch with or heard from PB/East Bronx?

It's Christmas and I wouldn't mind dropping him a merry Xmas note.

If anyone has any info or an email please PM me.

Cheers
He hasn't answered an email in a while... I guess we will have to add him to the list of many that vanished. Kind of odd, we talk to each other for years about this stuff and some people just get up and disappear. I always tell my wife that if I die to come online and people know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Thanks phat.

A shame. Nice guy.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Yeah I talked to PB a lot also , sent him a few emails with no response , did someone say he had a hear attack and was recouperating ??
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

Is there any action that goes on in Little Italy on Mulberry Street in today's world? Or has it become such a tourist destination that those days are completely done?
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Chrissy_Scars wrote:Is there any action that goes on in Little Italy on Mulberry Street in today's world? Or has it become such a tourist destination that those days are completely done?
Little Italy has shrunk greatly with many authentic Italian stores shutdown in favor of chain stores and memborila stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Last I recall reading Little Italy is really only one block or so of shops and restaurants. The rest is all Chinese now. Reminds me of that scene in the Soroanos when Butch is talking to Phil Leotardo on his cell phone from his Little Italy club. He steps out of the club to walk while he is talking and within a few feet he is completely surrounded by orientals. :lol: And that was 10 years ago.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Yea, Little Italy is not the same Little Italy you may have thought it was. It's filled with yuppies and tourists, since it is a landmark and it's along the way and one of the stops before you venture into Manhattan and Times Square. Lotta Chinese too, they literally own everything down there, they got a bunch of storefronts and they all share the same purpose, they're shitty coach bus depots/check cashing places.