Persico was a rat?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: Persico was a rat?

Post by bronx »

maybe persico gave info early on ,then stopped .G can get vindictive if you screw them..sparaco was c.i. that got big time..watts may have been the same got hit with decades case after case, many guys go to prison that are c.i. i believe..some guys out there you wonder how they skated getting big time or not pinched at all.. i could name a dozen that fit that, but won't. unless you can prove 100 percent never brand a guy a rat..
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

when sammy flipped, how come the shooters and back up guys never got pinched for it? maybe one of the group was a c.i. ? or two?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

bronx wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:39 pm maybe persico gave info early on ,then stopped .G can get vindictive if you screw them..sparaco was c.i. that got big time..watts may have been the same got hit with decades case after case, many guys go to prison that are c.i. i believe..some guys out there you wonder how they skated getting big time or not pinched at all.. i could name a dozen that fit that, but won't. unless you can prove 100 percent never brand a guy a rat..
Michael Lancellotti
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who's going to recant first? MBA? Burnstein? Nydailynews? And anyone else?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:44 pm Who's going to recant first? MBA? Burnstein? Nydailynews? And anyone else?
I bet they just drop it. If it was a normal citizen they might recant but not for a convicted mob boss like Persico.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

So were Pennisi and Tom running with this as if it were true? If so, Capeci is gonna be merciless on them in next week's column.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Snakes wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:47 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:44 pm Who's going to recant first? MBA? Burnstein? Nydailynews? And anyone else?
I bet they just drop it. If it was a normal citizen they might recant but not for a convicted mob boss like Persico.
Idc, you can't make up lies about ppl and then forget about it because of who he is. Pennisi is big proponent of two things; journalistic integrity and putting a false wire on someone. If anyone spent any amount of time reading his blog or listening to him you know this. He should be the first to set it straight imo. It distorts history, screws up research etc. This lawyer should say he did it unpurpose or didn't understand how to interpret what he seen otherwise he's the biggest dumb f*ck with a law degree and I feel bad for Orena.
And also what else have they reported and find out later it wasn't what it was and didn't mention it?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

If nobody recants this forum is the last place left imo.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:45 pm If nobody recants this forum is the last place left imo.
Well, you'd hope they'd "man-up," right?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

mafiastudent wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:50 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:45 pm If nobody recants this forum is the last place left imo.
Well, you'd hope they'd "man-up," right?
I get it. Deciphering all the govt coding and data, understanding the terminology who's what who said what when who's under development who said something one time etc etc. Half that sh*t I didn't know until I became a member on here, but if you do not fess up to this mistake then what else did you get wrong that you don't tell us?
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

JohnnyS wrote:
sharpieone wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:25 am
JohnnyS wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:34 am
sharpieone wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:26 pm Interesting Pennisi said he had heard once in the past, and just recently, that a boss of another family was an informant, and is currently sitting as boss now.

Sicilians in Gambino? Seems unlikely.

New members of administration for Luchese? That would seem to be what Pennisi might have an ear to, but who the hell knows. Didn't most of those guys do long bids?

Nose? He's done time, but considering his crimes, he should still be there today.

Andy Russo?

Barney? He's gone to war with the feds over and over. Doubt they would have been a stick in his ass and kept him in county or state or whatever when he was doing federal time in Atlanta. Doesn't add up.

(apologies if other people are at the heads of the families currently; I don't keep up on every turn)

Edited to add that he didnt necessarily say one of the five families. So could be Philly or NE, too.
I think he was talking about the Mancuso rumor but I doubt its true
Oh, I hadn’t heard that one before.
Peter Lovaglio said in his testimony that a Lucchese member told Johnny Joe jr at a wake that they refuse to recognize Mancuso as the boss because there's a rumor going around that he's a rat.
Not just a Luchese soldier....Matty Madonna.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:13 pm
Idc, you can't make up lies about ppl and then forget about it because of who he is. Pennisi is big proponent of two things; journalistic integrity and putting a false wire on someone. If anyone spent any amount of time reading his blog or listening to him you know this. He should be the first to set it straight imo. It distorts history, screws up research etc. This lawyer should say he did it unpurpose or didn't understand how to interpret what he seen otherwise he's the biggest dumb f*ck with a law degree and I feel bad for Orena.
And also what else have they reported and find out later it wasn't what it was and didn't mention it?

How you figure they made it up though? People are trying to counter this report with the fact that he continued to serve out his sentence. Yet Scarpa Jr was never released and served out his sentence after informing on a terrorist plot, and I think Scarpa Jr did the better service for the G.

And if everyone on the list on the actual document or copy, is an informant, and he’s among the list, why would he be the only one who didn’t cooperate, when those other names all did. I just want to see the document itself, but I don’t think it can just be written off like that. Like, what would be the reason for federal authorities adding his name to a document along with other informants? For shits and giggles? No. They obviously knew something different, that was never shared to the public. They say “where there’s smoke, there’s fire”.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:02 am

How you figure they made it up though? People are trying to counter this report with the fact that he continued to serve out his sentence. Yet Scarpa Jr was never released and served out his sentence after informing on a terrorist plot, and I think Scarpa Jr did the better service for the G.

And if everyone on the list on the actual document or copy, is an informant, and he’s among the list, why would he be the only one who didn’t cooperate, when those other names all did. I just want to see the document itself, but I don’t think it can just be written off like that. Like, what would be the reason for federal authorities adding his name to a document along with other informants? For shits and giggles? No. They obviously knew something different, that was never shared to the public. They say “where there’s smoke, there’s fire”.
The documents were posted earlier in the thread. His presence on the list, as well as the others, has been explained. If those documents are all they have, there is no proof.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

I don’t think he sees it as making up lies. He believes it’s true. McShane didn’t even know what top etchelon informant means in his podcast about it. He got it wrong. I’m curious if Capeci will even mention it. As a writer he might not want to slam a fellow writer, or he could write about but not mention McShane or Penisi at all.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Raven wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:28 am I’m curious if Capeci will even mention it. As a writer he might not want to slam a fellow writer
He did dedicate several columns to trashing Ernest Volkman and created a "Volkie" award he would give out for shitty mob journalism.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID