Famous Mafia locations on Google Maps

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Famous Mafia locations on Google Maps

Post by Stroccos »

15805 Waterloo rd Cleveland Ohio

Danny Greene’s house was blown up , a Kaboom Muriel isPainted on the wall next to the lot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:53 am 15805 Waterloo rd Cleveland Ohio

Danny Greene’s house was blown up , a Kaboom Muriel isPainted on the wall next to the lot
Thanks for your contribution Stroccos !
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

The Peppermint Lounge Club
128 W 45th Street New York City

Where it’s located:

What it was:

The disgrace it is today:

The Peppermint Lounge for those who don’t know, was a night club, from the 50’s to 60’s when it was temporarily closed for losing it’s liquor license, it was then reopened until the late 70’s. The Peppermint, was owned and operated by my great grandfather Luigi “Lou Lombardo” Laudiero, along with three other silent partners for the Genovese crime family, one of those silent partners and the primary one was Genovese Captain Matty “The Horse” Lanniello (I have a couple posts about it in the Mafia Charter forum) during the course of it’s operations, it created the world famous dance “The Twist” from house band Joey Dee and the Starliters, saw The Beetles the first time they came to America, Marylin Monroe, Joe Pesci when “Doing the Peppermint Twist” was filmed, Frank Sinatra, Jackie and John F Kennedy, Sharon Tate, and many many more. As well all the famous wise guys you could probably imagine would have been there too.

I hope to one day have enough money to buy this location and restore it back to being the Peppermint once again and pay homage to not only my ancestors. But the mob history that took place here, and the musicians it helped turn into the legends we know of today!
It’s Blood alone, that moves the wheels of history
RicoJames_93
Honorary Member

Post by RicoJames_93 »

Thanks for your contribution !
Peppermint wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:28 pm The Peppermint Lounge Club

Where it’s located:

What it was:

The Peppermint Lounge for those who don’t know, was a night club, from the 50’s to 60’s when it was temporarily closed for losing it’s liquor license, it was then reopened until the late 70’s. The Peppermint, was owned and operated by my great grandfather Luigi “Lou Lombardo” Laudiero, along with three other silent partners for the Genovese crime family, one of those silent partners and the primary one was Genovese Captain Matty “The Horse” Lanniello (I have a couple posts about it in the Mafia Charter forum) during the course of it’s operations, it created the world famous dance “The Twist” from house band Joey Dee and the Starliters, saw The Beetles the first time they came to America, Marylin Monroe, Joe Pesci when “Doing the Peppermint Twist” was filmed, Frank Sinatra, Jackie and John F Kennedy, Sharon Tate, and many many more. As well all the famous wise guys you could probably imagine would have been there too.

I hope to one day have enough money to buy this location and restore it back to being the Peppermint once again and pay homage to not only my ancestors. But the mob history that took place here, and the musicians it helped turn into the legends we know of today!
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

RicoJames_93 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:49 pm Thanks for your contribution !
Peppermint wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:28 pm The Peppermint Lounge Club

Where it’s located:

What it was:

Happy to have contributed, thanks for reading!

The address in the last photo is the wrong address, I’m pretty sure it means the parking garage next door. It’s been said the spot was torn down and replaced with a parking garage and a bar. So 125 must be the bar, and 128 is the garage. Sorry about that confusion
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Where is the Pelham Bay social club?
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Wasn’t John Biello an owner of the peppermint lounge?
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:54 pm Wasn’t John Biello an owner of the peppermint lounge?
That’s right, along with his son-in-law Dick Cami, Sam Cohen, and Louie Lombardi (my great grandfather)

The situation was similar to that of the Chicago Outfit and their ownership of the Stardust hotel.

Johnny Biello, Dick Cami, and Matty Lannellio were the 3 silent partners. My great grandfather was the actual owner and proprietor
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Peppermint wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:38 pm
MichaelGiovanni wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:54 pm Wasn’t John Biello an owner of the peppermint lounge?
That’s right, along with his son-in-law Dick Cami, Sam Cohen, and Louie Lombardi (my great grandfather)

The situation was similar to that of the Chicago Outfit and their ownership of the Stardust hotel.

Johnny Biello, Dick Cami, and Matty Lannellio were the 3 silent partners. My great grandfather was the actual owner and proprietor
Cool thanks for the insight.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Peppermint
Full Patched

Post by Peppermint »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:24 pm
Peppermint wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Cool thanks for the insight.
No problem at all, it was quite the complicated history. Wikipedia says the owner was Matty The Horse. While true, he was one of the silent partners. Matty didn’t openly take over until the 1970’s after the Club was reopened, from having closed in 1965 upon losing it’s liquor license. And only ran it until 1978 when it’s NYC location closed it’s doors for good.

Also, would just like to note for anyone else reading this, or having already read my post; I was mistaken when I said my Great Grandfather went by the alias “Lou Lombardo” it was actually “Louie Lombardi” I was just remembering it wrong. But I managed to verify that through my family, and the book about The Peppermint Lounge, sorry if this was misleading or confusing to anyone.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

RicoJames_93 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm
Gabagool718 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:24 pm What’s the address on the Genovese Belmont spot ??
2355 Beaumont Ave
The Bronx, NY 10458
Knew I saw this somewhere. I came across the address of 2353 Beaumont, as the residence of John "The Barber" DiSalvo, who was arrested with Anthony Zinzi in May of 1975 as part of a large heroin operation.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Johnny "Barbiere" DiSalvo was the brother of Vito DiSalvo who is in the Genovese mugshot section in a pic with Joe Dente Sr and Joe Sass. He was a knockaround guy but had a drug problem himself so never got straightened out. His brother Vito did however. I'm pretty sure John is passed now.