Merlino brags about killing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Merlino brags about killing

Post by NJShore4Life »

Where in South Jersey was Cirillo based out of before Merlino got Jammed up at the turn of the century? Interesting stuff....
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Hammonton and Atlantic City. Here's one article about a bust right around the time Merlino went away/Previte flipped:

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-98682295.html
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Wow that's one hell of a change of scenery for Cirillo. For those of you not familiar with my beautiful state of New Jersey- Hammonton is half way point between Philly and Atlantic City, while Englewood where Cirillo is now is right by the Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge in Bergen County.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

My opinion,and everybody has one,is Merlino is pretty fuckin smart. The guy jumped at the chance to be boss when Scarfo went away,tried to kill Nicky Jr who was trying to still collect money for his Dad. Knew he had enough support to take on Stanfa,who was never really respected in Philly. Put Natale in as front boss to take the heat and the fall. Had Ligambi run everything and keep it together while he did his time,without ratting also. Stayed in Florida for awhile to not expose himself to the feds in Philly. Yeah he has made a few mistakes but you cant blame him for other people ratting. On top of that,he is still more than likely boss and probably really pissing off law enforcement.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Merlino hired John C. Meringolo NY lawyer who was Gotti JRs lawyer his last trial, also now Dave Schratwieser says Eddie Jacobs Jr Liagmbi's last lawyer wants Merlinos case moved to Philly , This is gonna be a classic 2 family mob trial .
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

dave wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:03 pm New Mob Talk:

https://youtu.be/f1wdyAnbJ1o
Thanks for posting this. I used to catch these all the time when I was in yardville. Like nj shore said in the other thread... Down in that trenton area you can catch NYC channels or philly channels depending where u are. I was on east house in yardville and on one side of the tier I got philly radio and the other side of the tier got ny radio. When I was in trenton state prison infirmary after my surgery I had both ny and philly channels. They have all out cable there. I couldn't believe it because in yardville we only had 17 channels, in trenton they had bravo, all the ESPN channels etc... I guess they want to keep the lifers in their cells and happy especially since they banned cigs in jan 2013
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

George thinks this gets dismissed. And rooster never goes to trial. They are bamck n forth over a plea. Rooster has bad heart
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Ligambi and Narducci looked real friendly in that brief clip.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Teddy Persico wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 am Ligambi and Narducci looked real friendly in that brief clip.
Think that was mikey lance I could be wrong though
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

BobbyPazzo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:39 am
Teddy Persico wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 am Ligambi and Narducci looked real friendly in that brief clip.
Think that was mikey lance I could be wrong though
You're right, it's Lancellotti.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I think the Merlino/Scarfo era rivalry is a little overblown, there's evidence to suggest that there's a working relationship between both camps. Joe Pungitore fought Joe Grande because Grande was still loyal to Scarfo, and when Pungitore was released he went directly to Ligambi & Staino told them that Grande should be killed. Frank Narducci Jr. attended the Christmas party that got Mazzone in some hot water, and entered the Joe Malone's alongside Angelina & Nicodemo. Then you have guys like Ciancaglini Sr. and Ligambi who seem to have a foot in both camps.

Just my opinion.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

That's was my opinion too, but George A states the opposite. We know that most of the top guys in the family are still regularly meeting, so I don't get what GA is basing this off of.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

BillyBrizzi wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:23 am
Teddy Persico wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 am Were you thinking of Vincent D'Onofrio?
Solid actor, was terrific as Kingpin..

Btw, I feel honored by your signature TP :mrgreen:
It's one of the funniest Sopranos references I've seen in a while.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Ligambi wearing Adidas Sweats with a Nike T Shirt- major fashion no no. LOL I'm surprised because Ligambi was always a pretty sharp dresser too