What's up with sonny Franzese suppose to be released

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Re: What's up with sonny Franzese suppose to be released

Post by dixiemafia »

No shit man, I'd kill to make it to that age (well maybe not) but if he was still pressuring folks at 94 I see no reason why he would stop now. There is nothing in those 6 years that would make me think otherwise.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Aging 94 to 100 is a lot different than even again 84 to 90. Never say never and all, but I'd say he's done.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't think he was even really that active at 94 otherwise why have an Acting UnderBoss?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

At 94 he was reported as lacking eyesight, hearing and mostly confined to a wheelchair. Even if his mind's still sharp, he won't be in a position to leave the house much without a lot of assistance.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:06 pm At 94 he was reported as lacking eyesight, hearing and mostly confined to a wheelchair.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
He was on his was out six years ago in a wheelchair. Now he's walking around with a walker and a big ol grin.
As long as his minds there I can't see why he couldn't or wouldn't issue orders. He'd be given Capo at a min and he's never to old to whisper in someone's ear or collect an envelope.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 pm Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

No, it's just, you know me I like to play a little.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

I actually hope he gets back into "business"! As long as no innocent is going to get shot and similar things, if he continues to just shake down strip clubs, the owners of similar establishments are usually criminals themselves, and anyway, it would be interesting to see what happens if somebody reports an extortion threat by a 100-year-old, whether the judge will sign the arrest warrant or will the cops just shout at Sonny to fuck off and go home :lol: (his hearing is all right at least? I read he didn't answer the journalist who asked him at the jail gate whether he was Sonny Franzese, but I suppose this is because of the omerta' even in secondary details, not because he didn't hear the question :) )
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Yea I take NO stock into him being "blind and in a wheelchair". That was all lawyer talk trying to get him out early. There is no way he looks blind and sitting in a wheelchair.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: What's up with sonny Franzese suppose to be released

Post by Lupara »

Dwalin2014 wrote:I actually hope he gets back into "business"! As long as no innocent is going to get shot and similar things, if he continues to just shake down strip clubs, the owners of similar establishments are usually criminals themselves, and anyway, it would be interesting to see what happens if somebody reports an extortion threat by a 100-year-old, whether the judge will sign the arrest warrant or will the cops just shout at Sonny to fuck off and go home [emoji38] (his hearing is all right at least? I read he didn't answer the journalist who asked him at the jail gate whether he was Sonny Franzese, but I suppose this is because of the omerta' even in secondary details, not because he didn't hear the question :) )
The American mob can't afford killing people like they used to let alone innocent people. I think today you have to get really out of line to become a murder victim. How often does it happen nowadays, probably a handful at best annually?

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: RE: Re: What's up with sonny Franzese suppose to be released

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Lupara wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:18 pm The American mob can't afford killing people like they used to let alone innocent people. I think today you have to get really out of line to become a murder victim. How often does it happen nowadays, probably a handful at best annually?
I agree, that's why I find the story of the latest part of Sonny's life more funny than serious :) I mean, a 93-year-old who manages to scare people into giving him money, and if he starts doing it again and will still be successful...until his next prison sentence....AND STILL OUTLIVES IT!!! :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:08 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 pm Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

No, it's just, you know me I like to play a little.

This was a Sopranos quote for those who missed it. :mrgreen:

Pogo