General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:19 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:27 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:00 am Anyone know the members of barney bellomo’s old crew?
Nicholas Auletta
Ralph "The Undertaker" Balsamo
Liborio "Barney" Bellomo
Robert "Bucky" Carbine
James "Jamie" D'Elio
Carmine Dellacava
Louis DiNapoli
Pasquale "Patty" Falcetti
Salvatore "Sally KO" Larca
Ernest "Ernie" Muscarella
Arthur "Artie" Nigro
Joseph "Joe P" Pontoriero
Michael "Mikey" Ragusa

I don't remember if Pasquale "Scop" DeLuca is part of that crew or not.

Some of the crew's associates include -

Liborio "Barney" T Bellomo (Barney's cousin)
Joseph D'Elio
Anthony Fiorino
Gerald "Jerry" Fiorino
James "Jimmy" Muscarella
Joseph Olivieri

Some of the more recently deceased crew members include Vincent "Vinny" DiNapoli (died 2005) and Louis Moscatiello (died 2009).
Thats quite an impressive crew. Some big names in there.
Single most powerful crew in the Genovese family and New York.
When is that crew list dated WG?
No specific date. Just members in that crew from at least the time Bellomo was captain until present.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:31 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:19 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:27 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:00 am Anyone know the members of barney bellomo’s old crew?
Nicholas Auletta
Ralph "The Undertaker" Balsamo
Liborio "Barney" Bellomo
Robert "Bucky" Carbine
James "Jamie" D'Elio
Carmine Dellacava
Louis DiNapoli
Pasquale "Patty" Falcetti
Salvatore "Sally KO" Larca
Ernest "Ernie" Muscarella
Arthur "Artie" Nigro
Joseph "Joe P" Pontoriero
Michael "Mikey" Ragusa

I don't remember if Pasquale "Scop" DeLuca is part of that crew or not.

Some of the crew's associates include -

Liborio "Barney" T Bellomo (Barney's cousin)
Joseph D'Elio
Anthony Fiorino
Gerald "Jerry" Fiorino
James "Jimmy" Muscarella
Joseph Olivieri

Some of the more recently deceased crew members include Vincent "Vinny" DiNapoli (died 2005) and Louis Moscatiello (died 2009).
Thats quite an impressive crew. Some big names in there.
Single most powerful crew in the Genovese family and New York.
When is that crew list dated WG?
No specific date. Just members in that crew from at least the time Bellomo was captain until present.
Bellamo was Captain from the 80’s wasn’t he? So does that list include members from the 80’s up to now, or is it a current membership list?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:44 amBellamo was Captain from the 80’s wasn’t he? So does that list include members from the 80’s up to now, or is it a current membership list?
From then up until now of guys that are still alive. Which is why guys like Ralph Coppola and Frank Serpico aren't listed.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:44 amBellamo was Captain from the 80’s wasn’t he? So does that list include members from the 80’s up to now, or is it a current membership list?
From then up until now of guys that are still alive. Which is why guys like Ralph Coppola and Frank Serpico aren't listed.
Cheers ears.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

I hope this is the right location for this post.
Hello folks,
I’m looking for information on organized crime in Dayton Ohio (Montgomery county) and surrounding areas during the 1920’s and into the late 40’s specifically, trying to find answers about my great grandfather who was arrested numerous times for number rackets, by local law enforcement and arrested by the U.S Marshals for selling illegal lottery across state lines..He was very wealthy , owning a hotel in Florida and also a lumber company in Ohio. ..May have faked his own death..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

PaddyWhack wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 pm I hope this is the right location for this post.
Hello folks,
I’m looking for information on organized crime in Dayton Ohio (Montgomery county) and surrounding areas during the 1920’s and into the late 40’s specifically, trying to find answers about my great grandfather who was arrested numerous times for number rackets, by local law enforcement and arrested by the U.S Marshals for selling illegal lottery across state lines..He was very wealthy , owning a hotel in Florida and also a lumber company in Ohio. ..May have faked his own death..
His name would help us help you.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

Is the mob still any active in LA? Like are their still a few made guys roaming the streets of southern Los Angeles.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

vaudevillian wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 am Is the mob still any active in LA? Like are their still a few made guys roaming the streets of southern Los Angeles.

You still have a handful of members from the LA family remaining. Doubtful they are crminally active. Some don't even live in California aymore. Gambino Soldier Joseph Isgro is probably the last active LCN member in California.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 am
PaddyWhack wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 pm I hope this is the right location for this post.
Hello folks,
His name would help us help you.
Thanks for the response Silent Partner,
His name was Edwin Herring “Harry” Crowe, he was born in 1890 and was found dead in 1948. Coroner report says he was found at home, my grandmother said on the side of the road.
My grandmother (his daughter in-law) was sent to identify his body, which she couldn’t because the face was badly beaten and unrecognizable but the coroner said he died of a heart attack ...she identified his ring and that was that.
He was aressted numerous times but never spent 24 hours in jail. His arrest records are by local law enforcement and U.S Marshals .

He lived at 1534 Cornell drive Dayton Ohio.

I have a few photos I can send of him and what could be one of his underlings. The story on him basically ends while my father is in the USMC, he had applied for and tested with the FBI and scored off the charts, but didn’t hear back for a few years and had already enlisted. My grandmother told the FBI when they came to speak to my dad that he grew tired of waiting for them and joined the Marines. Their response was, “it took as long as it did because of his Grandfather.” (Who was supposed to be dead for 10 years by this time...

He left my family a considerable amount of money, enough so that his wife never had to work, his son (who would drive for him early on to Chicago and Detroit) was able to live most of his adult life without having to work. Buying family cabins on the lake and houses in San Diego....(my grandfather only job was a milk man)

My father ended up becoming a homicide Detective for the LAPD after he left the Marines. His memory of his grandfather was of a man who kept his shoulder holster near the dinner table and would receive phone calls and leave at a moments notice.

Also my great grandfather was never employed , the lumber company my family believes was a front, and when he listed a employer he used his neighbors name and title of job was “wood worker”...
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

May have been answered......watching goodfellas on tv again for the 100000 time.!!!!!!!!!! Anybody survived lufthansa and burke????? I guess besides asaro!!
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 pm May have been answered......watching goodfellas on tv again for the 100000 time.!!!!!!!!!! Anybody survived lufthansa and burke????? I guess besides asaro!!
Almost everyone depicted in the movie is dead. (Henry Hill himself kicked it 2012.)

I think Karen Hill might be still alive (she was last time I checked).

Paul Vario's sons, who were part of the inspiration for the Joe Pesci character, are still alive and are Lucchese soldiers.

Ed McDonald, the fed who plays himself in the movie, is still alive I believe.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Thanx. My lucky hat. I wont fly without it
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

jimmy_beans8 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 pm Thanx. My lucky hat. I wont fly without it
She might still be alive haha. I forgot the real person's name.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: boss material

Post by chin_gigante »

Super wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 pm Who in your opinion guys would of been good bosses sonny red phil lucky sonny black wild bill sonny franzese jimmy brown frank deciccio patsty conte sammy black bobby manna tino the greek buddy luongo tumac paulie vario mike salerno thanks for any input.
It's quite possible that Frank DeCicco was the informant who gave the Commission meeting up.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

hey chin any proof heard someone said that maybe
a scalfani? sure the person who said it was killed when gotti was made boss.