General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Wiseguy »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:10 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:34 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:57 pm I would say pre-2011 because even with 911 the Feds had huge success against the 5 families during the 2001-2011 period. It was only post Mafia Takedown day that their squads were really gutted.

Pogo
Good point, that's when the separate squads for each Five Families began getting dismantled: https://nypost.com/2011/03/07/fbi-mob-unit-gets-unmade/
Some high-level guys may have avoided indictments over that time but it's not like the NY families have had a free run over the last 7 years.

Between 2012 and the present, the NY families have had 89 members indicted including 9 or 10 administration members and 26 captains or acting captains.
The thing is that the crews have been gutted so badly previously, there’s not much left to indict. That’s why I feel there hasn’t been too many big cases, except Crea and a few others....I don’t it for a lack of trying of the LE’s part.
I don't know about "big" buy there has continued to be a steady stream of cases just this year. In January, 13 people tied to the Bonannos (including top guys) were charged. That same month, 5 people tied to the Genovese (including Chin's son) were charged. In March, 13 people tied to the Luccheses were charged. In July 5 people tied to the Colombos and Gambinos were charged.
All roads lead to New York.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I would say the stream of cases is noticeably less in previous years, especially with the top echelons of the Five Families. I would say the two squads fighting the mob can’t combat the mob as comprehensively as they used to be able to pre-2001 (or pre-2011 for that matter) but perhaps it would be stretching to say this has given the mob a chance to “recover.” Perhaps all it’s done is slow the rapid demise of the Five Families.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know why john gotti sr had a thing against the sicilian mobsters? Ive read he didn’t like the Sicilians for whatever reason.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Did some digging and i found out that the rumor that frank cali divorced or split with rosaria Inzerillo could be true. Rosaria isn’t listed with frank’s surname on whitepages and some other sites. If they did get divorced, i wonder how the whole situation went over with pete Inzerillo. Must’ve been quite a soap opera.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Super
Straightened out

boss material

Post by Super »

Who in your opinion guys would of been good bosses sonny red phil lucky sonny black wild bill sonny franzese jimmy brown frank deciccio patsty conte sammy black bobby manna tino the greek buddy luongo tumac paulie vario mike salerno thanks for any input.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: boss material

Post by phatmatress777 »

Super wrote:Who in your opinion guys would of been good bosses sonny red phil lucky sonny black wild bill sonny franzese jimmy brown frank deciccio patsty conte sammy black bobby manna tino the greek buddy luongo tumac paulie vario mike salerno thanks for any input.
https://youtu.be/4v8ek9TEeOU

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: boss material

Post by johnny_scootch »

Super don't take this the wrong way but this is a garbage topic.

I imagine people on GBB would go nuts for it tho.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 am Super don't take this the wrong way but this is a garbage topic.
Guys who do you think would win in a fight between those bosses if you had them all go at it once, like in a Royal Rumble?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ivan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 am Super don't take this the wrong way but this is a garbage topic.
Guys who do you think would win in a fight between those bosses if you had them all go at it once, like in a Royal Rumble?
Lmao I will take Danny Greene
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 am
Lmao I will take Danny Greene
Hell, I'd make Danny Green the favorite ;)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm Lmao I will take Danny Greene
good pick
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

sorry lads had a few beers just wanted a bit of input no worries
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Make it a 'top ten' thread on bb you'll get atleast 5 pages of opinions
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Super wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:43 pm sorry lads had a few beers
That's no excuse, I was an alcoholic and never posted anything like this back then.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: boss material

Post by phatmatress777 »

Same here...even when I was on heroin I kept my posts non fantansy...let's not blame substances just admit it hi my name is super and I made a bullshit thread I'll work on it
Ivan wrote:
Super wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:43 pm sorry lads had a few beers
That's no excuse, I was an alcoholic and never posted anything like this back then.
Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk