News from Italy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: News from Italy

Post by AntComello »

motorfab wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:32 am There is no gypsies in the US ? It's not just Italian, you have different ethnicities. It's not really a gang either, although they have a terrible reputation.

Gypsy is the general word but it depends of the country: in Spain/Portugal it's the Gypsies, in France/Italia/Balkans it's the Manouches (not sure if there is a English word for that), Eastern-Europe it's the Roms, etc ...

According to wiki, the origins of the Gypsies are Spain and South of France

Basically they are nomads people, they never stay at the same place very long time. For example, if you saw the movie Snatch, the character played by Brad Pitt is a gypsy. Another example of Gypsies are the Gypsy Kings band, you can hear them in the movie The Big Lebowski covering Hotel California (Jesuuuuuuus !)

Sorry for this out topics, but I was surprised to see that people didn't know what a Gypsy is. I guess it's very much European then
So these Italian gypsies are constantly on the move? When I think Gypsy I think of Peaky blinders lol do these guys still live like that?
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

AntComello wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:57 am
motorfab wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:32 am There is no gypsies in the US ? It's not just Italian, you have different ethnicities. It's not really a gang either, although they have a terrible reputation.

Gypsy is the general word but it depends of the country: in Spain/Portugal it's the Gypsies, in France/Italia/Balkans it's the Manouches (not sure if there is a English word for that), Eastern-Europe it's the Roms, etc ...

According to wiki, the origins of the Gypsies are Spain and South of France

Basically they are nomads people, they never stay at the same place very long time. For example, if you saw the movie Snatch, the character played by Brad Pitt is a gypsy. Another example of Gypsies are the Gypsy Kings band, you can hear them in the movie The Big Lebowski covering Hotel California (Jesuuuuuuus !)

Sorry for this out topics, but I was surprised to see that people didn't know what a Gypsy is. I guess it's very much European then
So these Italian gypsies are constantly on the move? When I think Gypsy I think of Peaky blinders lol do these guys still live like that?
It's not just the Italians, it's all the Gypsies, but it's also possible they settle definitely somewhere (personal info, one of my co-worker is a Gypsy and doesn't travel anymore).

Unfortunately I never saw Peaky Blinders so I can't be very specific, but I just checked, it seems they are Travellers, so yes. As PB is in 1919, they live better now and have materials. There is a Gypsy camp not far from my place, the guys drive Mercedes and big cars lol
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Some of them live stationary lifestyle , but they mostly move around , they are just used to that lifestyle , years ago here state gave them apartments and moved them in there , they took out parquet floors and other things and moved out, continued living nomad life.
Juice Terry
Associate

Post by Juice Terry »

"Roma (Gypsies) originated in the Punjab region of northern India as a nomadic people and entered Europe between the eighth and tenth centuries C.E. They were called "Gypsies" because Europeans mistakenly believed they came from Egypt. This minority is made up of distinct groups called "tribes" or "nations.""

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... ations.%22
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Another example of gypsies is the netflix show Suburra Blood on Rome.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Or Stephen King’s Thinner. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

NYC has gypsies from Romania, they mostly live in Queens.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

2 tons of cocaine seized in Catania,drugs were found in the sea off the eastern coast of Sicily,together with gps device to make them trecable.Drugs worth around 400$ million.

https://www.agenzianova.com/en/news/max ... n-the-sea/
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Laura Bonafede was arrested on the 13th. If you guys don't know what's going on with Matteo Denaro and his lover you all should look into it, livesicilia has some good info as well.
https://www.palermotoday.it/cronaca/int ... enaro.html
https://livesicilia.it/castelvetramo-af ... ato-mafia/
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Mafia and exchange of votes, 18 arrests in the Neapolitan area
Precautionary measure also for the mayor of Melito

https://www.unionesarda.it/en/italy/maf ... a-xw3uhhil
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Strax wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:11 am 2 tons of cocaine seized in Catania,drugs were found in the sea off the eastern coast of Sicily,together with gps device to make them trecable.Drugs worth around 400$ million.

I swear... Catania seems to have just the BIGGEST operations in Sicily. Consistent HUGE bust... all the time it seems.. and they also seem to work with everybody
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:38 am
Strax wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:11 am 2 tons of cocaine seized in Catania,drugs were found in the sea off the eastern coast of Sicily,together with gps device to make them trecable.Drugs worth around 400$ million.

I swear... Catania seems to have just the BIGGEST operations in Sicily. Consistent HUGE bust... all the time it seems.. and they also seem to work with everybody
the biggest plantantions of marijuana are in western Sicily anyway, in 2018 there was also the largest seizure ever in Italy with 30 tons
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:38 am I swear... Catania seems to have just the BIGGEST operations in Sicily. Consistent HUGE bust... all the time it seems.. and they also seem to work with everybody
You are right, Catania seems to be very hot in the last few years , constant arrests , huge amount of drugs seized even some politicians getting arrested.

In 2020 they seized half a ton of cocaine also in Catania, one of the main suspects was José Ángel "El Flaco" Rivera Zazueta, second in command in El Mayo's faction of Sinaloa Cartel.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Well that should make up for it. Who says these guys are all bad?

Mafia gangsters who mistakenly killed man offer family €60,000 'compensation'
Salvatore Cammarota, 56, and Carlo Nappi, 64, offered the family €60,000 plus property worth €120,000
By Nick Squires
April 18, 2023

Two Italian gangsters accused of mistakenly murdering a man and dissolving his body in acid have offered his relatives tens of thousands of euros in “compensation” ahead of their trial.

Giulio Giaccio, 26, was shot in the head and dissolved in acid because the two men, allegedly members of the Camorra mafia in Naples, believed he was sleeping with the sister of one of them.

But it was a case of mistaken identity – Mr Giaccio had nothing to do with her or the Camorra clans that control organised crime in Naples.

The murder took place in 2000, but the two men were only arrested in December last year after police received information from a “pentito” – a former mafioso who became an informer.

They now face trial for murder but it has emerged they offered the dead man's family cash in an apparent attempt to win clemency should they be found guilty.

In the Italian system, if the perpetrator of a crime offers compensation to a victim or the victim’s family, it can be considered as a mitigating factor when it comes to sentencing.

Salvatore Cammarota, 56, and Carlo Nappi, 64, who already have criminal records for the crime of mafia association, offered the family €60,000 plus property worth €120,000.

But the family have refused the offer, saying they want justice to take its course.

“No money will bring back the life of Giulio. After 23 years, the family believes in the justice system, in which they have confidence,” said Alessandro Motta, the family’s lawyer.

Relatives want to see “the most severe punishment” handed down to the two defendants. “They don’t even have a body to mourn,” he said.

The first hearing in the trial is scheduled for Wednesday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... o-giaccio/
All roads lead to New York.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

I’d need a lot more then 60,000
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.