General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by gohnjotti »

Confederate wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:33 pm Um Mr. Gotti, Sir: F.B.I Informants provide information to the F.B.I. about criminal activity in exchange for financial gain OR the F.B.I reducing their sentence OR the F.B.I overlooking their own criminal activity.
In other words, not all Informants are on a payroll.

Wiseguy would have the data on the amount of cases now versus the past. However, since the Mob is SMALLER today than in the past, the actual number of cases might be less simply because the number of mob guys are less. The PERCENTAGE of Informants may be the same or even greater. Everything is RELATIVE.
Ok, let's forget about the actual NUMBER of cases. Let's look at the fact that the Colombos have not had a boss/family leader busted for the longest stretch of time since... what... the '70s? The Gambinos' boss, Domenico Cefalu, has been on the streets for nine years. Same with Frank Cali, if he's the boss after all. The West Side is back to a stable leadership structure; Bellomo has been on the streets for a decade, untouched.

Regardless of the actual numbers, the top brass of the Mafia has not had this level of freedom in years. These FBI agents do hard work, and make good busts, but the numbers and funding aren't there to accomplish what they accomplished pre-2011. This isn't a fanboy thing, it's a statistical thing.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:12 pmLet's look at the fact that the Colombos have not had a boss/family leader busted for the longest stretch of time since... what... the '70s?
Huh?
Regardless of the actual numbers, the top brass of the Mafia has not had this level of freedom in years. These FBI agents do hard work, and make good busts, but the numbers and funding aren't there to accomplish what they accomplished pre-2011. This isn't a fanboy thing, it's a statistical thing.
Do you mean pre-2001 or pre-2011?
All roads lead to New York.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Phrased it wrong, Wiseguy. I meant that the boss/acting boss of the Colombo crime family hasn’t been indicted in seven years, which is a timeframe longer than any previous boss or acting boss since the reign of Thomas DiBella, unless I’m blanking on somebody.

I meant to write pre-2001. Sorry about that.

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I would say pre-2011 because even with 911 the Feds had huge success against the 5 families during the 2001-2011 period. It was only post Mafia Takedown day that their squads were really gutted.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:57 pm I would say pre-2011 because even with 911 the Feds had huge success against the 5 families during the 2001-2011 period. It was only post Mafia Takedown day that their squads were really gutted.

Pogo
Good point, that's when the separate squads for each Five Families began getting dismantled: https://nypost.com/2011/03/07/fbi-mob-unit-gets-unmade/

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:34 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:57 pm I would say pre-2011 because even with 911 the Feds had huge success against the 5 families during the 2001-2011 period. It was only post Mafia Takedown day that their squads were really gutted.

Pogo
Good point, that's when the separate squads for each Five Families began getting dismantled: https://nypost.com/2011/03/07/fbi-mob-unit-gets-unmade/
Some high-level guys may have avoided indictments over that time but it's not like the NY families have had a free run over the last 7 years.

Between 2012 and the present, the NY families have had 89 members indicted including 9 or 10 administration members and 26 captains or acting captains.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am Some high-level guys may have avoided indictments over that time but it's not like the NY families have had a free run over the last 7 years.
Yes, I think the Lucchese wipeout last year would refute such an assertion.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Does Bat's post anymore, I had a few questions about KC? WIKI has them with a full admin and some members but I know how they just name anybody who is left to admin spots like our buddy Furio. I actually meet a rat who was a bank robber that put a member of theirs in jail.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

DPG wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:25 am Does Bat's post anymore, I had a few questions about KC?
He's in jail.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3671
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Ivan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:32 am
DPG wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:25 am Does Bat's post anymore, I had a few questions about KC?
He's in jail.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3671
Well damn that sucks I hope he's making it alright.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

As Italians become more and more assimilated into American culture could you ever see LCN changing it's rules to allowing maybe any race white males or even all races?

It seems like some families have fallen not because of a lack of people willing to do organized crime but because of a lack of a recruitment pool.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Then it would be unrecognizable. Not even the same species anymore. Just another bullshit entity....it’s uniqueness was its magic. Unlike anything America or the world for that matter had ever encountered. Only the Yakuza has similarities. And even they are not up to par in my opinion with the ‘original’ Sicilian concept. But close in that they hold some similar traditions, although obviously not the same because of different cultural exposures.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am

Pogo
Some high-level guys may have avoided indictments over that time but it's not like the NY families have had a free run over the last 7 years.

Between 2012 and the present, the NY families have had 89 members indicted including 9 or 10 administration members and 26 captains or acting captains.
The thing is that the crews have been gutted so badly previously, there’s not much left to indict. That’s why I feel there hasn’t been too many big cases, except Crea and a few others....I don’t it for a lack of trying of the LE’s part.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:10 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am

Pogo

The thing is that the crews have been gutted so badly previously, there’s not much left to indict. That’s why I feel there hasn’t been too many big cases, except Crea and a few others....I don’t think it’s for a lack of trying of the LE’s part.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

vaudevillian wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:45 pm As Italians become more and more assimilated into American culture could you ever see LCN changing it's rules to allowing maybe any race white males or even all races?

It seems like some families have fallen not because of a lack of people willing to do organized crime but because of a lack of a recruitment pool.
No way. Maybe some guys who are half Italian but the other half has to be at least White. Jimmy Marcello from the Chicago Outfit who is in Jail for a long time is half Italian/half Irish (on his mother's side). Never any *******es or any other non White Race. Don't ever kid yourself, those Italians in New York, Boston, Philly, Chicago, etc. are generally as prejudice as most true White Southerners. Very little difference from what I've seen. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".