How Vic Amuso became the boss according to Vincent “Fish” Cafaro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: How Vic Amuso became the boss according to Vincent “Fish” Cafaro

Post by bluehouse »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:43 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:12 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:54 am
Shellackhead wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:02 am No point in those veteran mobsters like
Furnari & Coco in advising Amuso because he was controlled by Casso. Casso said jump & Vic asked how high.
I don’t believe he was totally controlled by Casso but it’s clear that Casso did influence him
You know what I think? After Buddy got clipped I think Casso had all the attention & acumen to lead the family but he instead gave it to Vic. Vic knew that Casso had more weight street smarts & respect than he did so that’s why he listened to Casso so much. There’s no way that all those guys that Casso clipped were informants. Those guys have been around for decades & were huge earners. Or maybe the information he was getting from the Mafia Cops was legit?
That’s what Casso claims, he claims that he even turned down the boss position but Casso has made a lot of claims, some of them have turned out to be a lie.In his book, he talks badly about Amuso but Vic Amuso has been the boss since 1986…Vic still carries a lot of respect today.I don’t think that Casso had “more weight street smarts and respect” Vic shelved Casso and that was it, Casso couldn’t do anything about it
I agree with this.If gaspipe was so powerful why was Vic able to shelf him and casso was able to do nothing about it?If casso was so powerful once vic shelved him he could have gotten most of the captains together and they could of made him boss.Vic was also in Joey gallos crew when he was young he saw action and had a lot of bodies on him he was very well respected but he wasnt liked.In Aldarco book he mentioned that Vic didnt have a good personality where as Casso had more charisma than vic
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

who marked little al for death? most likely vic. al stole something i wish that whole story came out. and who ran back to vic an casso to tell on al for stealing, or maybe he was marked for death for screwing up the fat pete hit but that doesnt seem likely.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Wasn't Casso the underboss under Vic and was he shelved because Amuso thought that he was betrayed by Casso?
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

never came out why amuso shelved casso. theres speculation casso told on vic locaton when he was on the run but i think it probaly had to do with casso ordering sneek hits or trying to take over the family when amuso was arrested
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

amuso is arrested and jailed in july 1991 casso is on the run till january 1993. so casso had 17 months on the street was he the actng boss during that time
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:41 pm amuso is arrested and jailed in july 1991 casso is on the run till january 1993. so casso had 17 months on the street was he the actng boss during that time

No since he was a fugitive himself.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:28 pm who marked little al for death? most likely vic. al stole something i wish that whole story came out. and who ran back to vic an casso to tell on al for stealing, or maybe he was marked for death for screwing up the fat pete hit but that doesnt seem likely.
The botched hit led to D’Arco’s downfall.There is no evidence that he stole anything apart from Casso claiming that he did in his book but Casso’s book is full of lies and he is not a reliable source
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:37 pm never came out why amuso shelved casso. theres speculation casso told on vic locaton when he was on the run but i think it probaly had to do with casso ordering sneek hits or trying to take over the family when amuso was arrested
It has been said that Amuso put Casso on the shelf because he tipped of the FBI to his whereabouts which led to him being captured in July of 1991.Another reason was because of the murder of Patty Testa and the conspiracy made against Vic’s brother, Robert “Bobby” Amuso, the conspiracy involved Frank Lastorino and Anthony Casso.Lastorino is on the shelf because of this conspiracy and also because of the death of Patty Testa.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:41 pm amuso is arrested and jailed in july 1991 casso is on the run till january 1993. so casso had 17 months on the street was he the actng boss during that time
Casso wasn’t the Acting Boss.During this time, a ruling panel which consisted of Frank Lastorino,Sal Avellino,Anthony Baratta and Al D’Arco.After D’Arco cooperated in September, the ruling panel still continued with the same people.It lasted up until 1993, by that time, Lastorino,Avellino and Baratta were all arrested
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

pat testa is murderd in dec 1992. when did casso flip? i ust wikied march 94 . maybe took amuso a few months to figure it out
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:08 am pat testa is murderd in dec 1992. when did casso flip? i ust wikied march 94 . maybe took amuso a few months to figure it out
By the time Casso flipped in March of 1994, Amuso had already put Casso onto the shelf
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

could we figure out 2 dates while casso was locked up in 93. doesnt have to be exact but it will give us a idea when vic shelved casso. casso inducts baldy mike s in a prison cell and he has a sitdown with greg scarpa in a cell. i dont even know if the thing with greg scarpa is real i read it somewhere. it could have happend after casso flipped idk but if i remember there was others at the sitdown or whatever you would call it. this is when scarpa had his eye blown out and went to prison on some vioaltion of bail. but i thought scarpa was exposed by then . both in 93 casso flips into witsec march 94
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

scarpa was locked up in the mdc same time january 93 as casso
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I always wondered if Amuso and Casso never even ordered the hit on Al and it was a coup attempt by Lastorino and a few other guys. If he was going to be killed in a hotel room he was probably going to be made to disappear. What could the two actual admin members on the run and/or locked up do if Al just stopped coming around and disappeared? It seems like Al was liked by Casso and Amuso, even giving them pushback on certain things to a small degree and getting away with it. Just speculation. Especially because wasn't it Lastorino who allegedly tried to hatch a murder conspiracy against Crea a few years later, because...?

Wonder what they would have done with D'Arco's son if they succeeded
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:05 pm I always wondered if Amuso and Casso never even ordered the hit on Al and it was a coup attempt by Lastorino and a few other guys. If he was going to be killed in a hotel room he was probably going to be made to disappear. What could the two actual admin members on the run and/or locked up do if Al just stopped coming around and disappeared? It seems like Al was liked by Casso and Amuso, even giving them pushback on certain things to a small degree and getting away with it. Just speculation. Especially because wasn't it Lastorino who allegedly tried to hatch a murder conspiracy against Crea a few years later, because...?

Wonder what they would have done with D'Arco's son if they succeeded
If anyone was going to hit D’Arco, it must be approved by Amuso.There’s no way that Vic would just let it go.If it was a coup by Lastorino then he would have been clipped over that.D’Arco was going to be hit over the botched hit on Chiodo.
Lastorino plotted to kill Crea because Crea was trying to bring the family’s power back to the Bronx.