General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JEEZUS H POGO!

COULD YOU TRY AND HAVE A NORMAL AVATAR JUST ONCE!!

I HATE FRIGGEN CLOWNS!!!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Did the old timer Joe Biondo of the Gambino's have any sons or relatives in the life?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

AG777 wrote:Did the old timer Joe Biondo of the Gambino's have any sons or relatives in the life?
He did. Two of his brothers were both made. Charles and John. John managed/owned the Hawaian Nights Social Club on Mulberry Street before he moved to Milford, Connecticut and later to Florida. I think Charles died in 1963, John in the 1990s. None of them were any prominent members though.
There you have it, never printed before.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Thank you HK.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Is Pasquale Falcetti capo of 116th, or another crew?

Cheers.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Is Pasquale Falcetti capo of 116th, or another crew?

Cheers.

Most likely yes. He had been a member of this crew for a long time.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheers P.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Was looking through the FBI Dead List, and it lists an Anthony Salerno Jr. as a Genovese soldier who died in 1983. It lists "Fat Tony" as Anthony Salerno Sr. Did he have a son who was a member?

There was another Genovese member called Anthony "Blackie" Salerno, who was unrelated as far as I know to these Salernos, but this does not appear to be him.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote:Was looking through the FBI Dead List, and it lists an Anthony Salerno Jr. as a Genovese soldier who died in 1983. It lists "Fat Tony" as Anthony Salerno Sr. Did he have a son who was a member?

There was another Genovese member called Anthony "Blackie" Salerno, who was unrelated as far as I know to these Salernos, but this does not appear to be him.
Most likely a mistake on the Dead List (and there are plenty; misspellings of name, wrong DOD, Mafia rank listings, Family affiliations etc). The one who is listed as Anthony Salerno Jr is Anthony "Blackie". His dod matches.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
B. wrote:Was looking through the FBI Dead List, and it lists an Anthony Salerno Jr. as a Genovese soldier who died in 1983. It lists "Fat Tony" as Anthony Salerno Sr. Did he have a son who was a member?

Most likely a mistake on the Dead List (and there are plenty; misspellings of name, wrong DOD, Mafia rank listings, Family affiliations etc). The one who is listed as Anthony Salerno Jr is Anthony "Blackie". His dod matches.
Cool, thanks for clearing it up. I didn't think Fat Tony Salerno had a son involved in the life.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

This may be a bb type question....and I know there is no blanket answer....but here goes:

When a boss goes to jail and an acting boss is named, how does the financial logistics work? Does the acting boss receive more money for the title?

Did D'Arco go into the setup he had with Amuso/Casso? This being a different situation all together in thst they were in hiding.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

DPG wrote:This may be a bb type question....and I know there is no blanket answer....but here goes:

When a boss goes to jail and an acting boss is named, how does the financial logistics work? Does the acting boss receive more money for the title?

Did D'Arco go into the setup he had with Amuso/Casso? This being a different situation all together in thst they were in hiding.
they are getting paid with the titile but it's there responsesiablity to kick up directly from the capos to the boss they make day to day decisions and continue to keep the money flowing Atleast from what I have always understood
NE1020
Honorary Member

Post by NE1020 »

Is there a rule on killing other members in front of their family? I know there are cases like Bobby Boriello and Nick Rizzuto, but are they exceptions to the rule or are those types of hits generally accepted?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

NE1020 wrote:Is there a rule on killing other members in front of their family? I know there are cases like Bobby Boriello and Nick Rizzuto, but are they exceptions to the rule or are those types of hits generally accepted?

No rule, but it´s common sense not to do it in front of family members. And when it does happen, it could be hits coming out of desperation.