Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: I create a mob blog

Post by Eline2015 »

motorfab wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:54 am New text online dedicated to the French chapter of the Pizza Connection https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... ction.html

Also yesterday I posted some mugshots of guys I couldn't include in the text, so for those who want to put faces to some of the names viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3835&start=30

And as usual, a big thanks to thekiduknow for the translation in English
Great, as always
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Eline2015 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:14 pm
motorfab wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:54 am New text online dedicated to the French chapter of the Pizza Connection https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... ction.html

Also yesterday I posted some mugshots of guys I couldn't include in the text, so for those who want to put faces to some of the names viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3835&start=30

And as usual, a big thanks to thekiduknow for the translation in English
Great, as always
Thanks bro, glad you enjoyed it
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great work. So much going on between different groups in France.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

B. wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:18 am Great work. So much going on between different groups in France.
Thanks ! Yeah tell me about it. A journalist specializing in these stories, Jérôme Pierrat, summarizes French organized crime quite well in one of his books :

"Neither Godfathers nor mafia: the French mobster is an independent. Far from the fantasy of pyramidal organized crime, the Milieu is a community of men who recognize themselves. [...] The Hexagonal mobster (for those who don't know France is nicknamed the hexagon) does not support authority. He has obtained his place alone, in his specialty, and with the friends and teammates he has chosen. [...] The voyoucratie (word meaning the elite of crime) is the agglomeration of these skills, the addition of all these circles which forms an informal entity, without limits. But with a hierarchy. At the bottom of the ladder, the beginner [...] at the top the caïd (=boss) standing out from the lot, which has knew how to impose himself. He is feared and respected, but can be quickly replaced. The boss owes his place only to his personal aura, if he disappears no organization of his will survive. The opposite of Cosa Nostra."

But I'm still surprised that most of these guys or stories aren't quoted more by Americans or even Italians (and even us sometimes). Something like the mafia summit at the Hotel Negresco in Nice or the creation of an 'ndrina (or cosca as they say in what I've read of it) in France, is approached almost nowhere except in some books released during the 90's (to my knowledge ... 2 books !)
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Amazing article, I love reading about French Connection and Pizza Connection.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

aleksandrored wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:56 am Amazing article, I love reading about French Connection and Pizza Connection.
Thanks a lot man ! Well, here you have two for the price of one ;)
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

While waiting for the new project which should arrive soon, I added to the blog the list of mafiosi indicted by judges Falcone & Borsellino that I had shared in the FBI Files section some months ago. As the link is broken and I don't understand how to attach a pdf on the forum, those who would like to consult the list, it is here: https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... r-les.html
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

motorfab wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:59 am While waiting for the new project which should arrive soon, I added to the blog the list of mafiosi indicted by judges Falcone & Borsellino that I had shared in the FBI Files section some months ago. As the link is broken and I don't understand how to attach a pdf on the forum, those who would like to consult the list, it is here: https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... r-les.html
Amazing, thanks! Interesting that Calogero Bagarella is on the list, as he was killed in 1969.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great to see the full list.

Bonanno captain Giovanni Ligammari is on there, further indication he was tied to the mafia in his hometown.

Curious if the Eneas on the list are related to the infamous Pasquale Enea. Some other name+hometown ties on there too I'm curious about.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Yes, in addition to Bagarella there are a some deceased individuals like Filippo Marchese or Rosario Riccobono, they were not yet officially recognized as dead when the warrant was issued
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

The new blog project is online and is dedicated to the two biggest vendettas of the Corsican underworld. Part 1 is dedicated to Ange Salicetti, a ruthless mobster who sparked a vendetta that lasted 13 years and bloodied the streets of Toulon, Montmartre and Ajaccio https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... -ange.html
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

motorfab wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:26 am The new blog project is online and is dedicated to the two biggest vendettas of the Corsican underworld. Part 1 is dedicated to Ange Salicetti, a ruthless mobster who sparked a vendetta that lasted 13 years and bloodied the streets of Toulon, Montmartre and Ajaccio https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... -ange.html
Great work and awesome info there, Fab!
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:40 pm
motorfab wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:26 am The new blog project is online and is dedicated to the two biggest vendettas of the Corsican underworld. Part 1 is dedicated to Ange Salicetti, a ruthless mobster who sparked a vendetta that lasted 13 years and bloodied the streets of Toulon, Montmartre and Ajaccio https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... -ange.html
Thanks Tony, glad you enjoyed it. I must admit that the story of Ange Salicetti's vendetta is one of my favorite mob stories so it's great if you found it awesome mate
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

motorfab wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:02 am
PolackTony wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:40 pm
Thanks Tony, glad you enjoyed it. I must admit that the story of Ange Salicetti's vendetta is one of my favorite mob stories so it's great if you found it awesome mate
Finally, new great article
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Eline2015 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:01 am Finally, new great article
Thank you man, Part 2 is almost ready